Anyone Else Get a Really Weird Survey Email?

kyriecat

On our last Eclipse cruise we witnessed the last theatre performance of one of their most popular entertainers who hinted that his long standing contract was not renewed due to the

company's push toward appealing to a younger crowd.

Oh contraire, Perry asked for more bucks and was told to go hunting, and he found a Princess who thought he would become a Prince when kissed. :D

Money has been the downfall of many a very very good employee.

I too received a survey request:

Here is the opener:

On behalf of Celebrity Cruises, we would like to know about the current state of cruise accommodations today and understand the appeal, importance and value of certain features when on-board a cruise.

A survey, that will take you approximately 25 minutes to complete, is now open to gather your feedback on the different offerings that Celebrity and other cruise lines provide to try to understand what is most important to you when booking a cruise.

It is strictly about room accommodations and various size preferences and choices i.e. bed, bathroom floor space, shower space, balcony size/space, closet space and configuration, and also storage space.

There was a question about charging stations for electronics, so I'll venture they are getting opinions about their new Edge ships. There were photos and floor plans of various layouts from other cruise lines, and the questions were akin to What do you like best/least about this room? Why?

I received the accommodations survey, quite long, & after every set of questions about what I'd like to see in a cabin it asked, "& would I be willing to pay more $$ for it?"

Yes, I'd like charging stations & nicer balcony furniture, but I'm maxed out on what I'm paying for next year's cruise, it's shockingly high (too me) for an A1

Maybe this should read 'New CEO...One Direction

My granddaughter, 14, is a huge fan of 1D. She is in love w. Harry Styles and tells everyone that they are going to get married:):)

I didn't receive the survey but would have trashed it as 'suspect'.

I would have described myself as a Celebrity cheerleader however we are not so much 'empty nesters ' as ' still paying for family holidayer's. '

As someone in their late 50's we certainly don't seem to be on Celebrity's target list, however it was the 28 year old teacher who said 'Celebrity's standards are slipping and if that's what Celebrity wants to charge let's try Azamara instead.'

DH and all 3 other professional adult children ( age range 26 -30 ) agreed so we are.

Obviously young professionals aren't on their target lists either. :D

I'm not sure if I am relieved to know that was a real survey from Celebrity and not a virus-infected spoof or if I should be worried that Celebrity's marketing department took a "recreational" field trip to Colorado.

I don't follow X on FB so I didn't realize that those questions had been posted there.

I'm not really sure why I got the survey since I haven't cruised with Celebrity since 2012 and being in my mid-40s, I am probably not their target demographic. I have another cruise booked on Silhouette for next year so that may explain it. I'm really not good with word association so they probably wouldn't have liked my answers.

Last year my company was doing marketing research because the PR folks thought we should be known as the "Ferrari of our industry." They showed us a picture of a 458 Spider and told us to write down the first two things that popped into our head. My thoughts were overpriced and compensating for a lack of masculinity. Apparently the correct response was quick performance and high quality. OOPS! :o

I almost spit out the coffee I was drinking when I read this. :p

It's EXACTLY what I think when I see one of those cars take off like a bat out of h*** from a red light!

This survey confirms what someone wrote about the new overnights in the Caribbean. They said it felt like someone with no direction (not new direction) in the marketing office panicking about trying to make changes with no forethought on repercussions.

(I tried to find the exact quote but couldn't find it. Sorry)

I did not receive a survey from Celebrity. We did a 7 day western Caribbean cruise in January of this year, and are booked on a 7 day eastern Caribbean in January 2016.

However, I'm sure I'm not in the demographic they are seeking. Not only am I in the over 55 age group, I'm in the over 65 age group.

Of course the first two things I look for in a cruise is 1) affordability and 2) lack of children.

I'm not against children. Have 3 lovely grandchildren we're trying to "spoil". But, on a cruise, the last thing I want is a ship full of children. That's why Disney ships will always be near the bottom of my ship list.

Bottom line, IMHO, that wont get you a cup of Joe :D

After reading the comments about the last couple of surveys/questioners, I don't think Celebrity has a target demographic. They all read like a ship with both pods :rolleyes: not working. Unless they intend on padding the walls of the cabins :eek:

Did anyone else get a request to take a survey from Celebrity yesterday? I received the following email:

Dear Valued Guest,

We are inviting a select group to participate in a survey that will help us better understand our guests' thoughts on Celebrity Cruises, the brand. By completing this survey, you will help to enhance our products and services.

The survey will take <5 minutes to complete. We hope you'll make your opinion count as your feedback is very important to us.

Please be assured that all of your responses will remain strictly confidential and will only be used to improve products and services at Celebrity Cruises.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

I clicked on the link, expecting to see questions about the service, cabins, etc. Instead I had 3 questions:

If Celebrity were a car, what would it be?

If Celebrity were an animal, what would it be?

If Celebrity were a celebrity, who would it be?

How do those questions help to enhance products and services? Am I the only one who received the survey? Was it a real survey from Celebrity?

After seeing the questions, I thought it was a spoof and closed the window. I ran anti-virus and malware programs to make sure I didn't accidentally infect my computer, but neither program picked up anything.

It's a non-ranked (give us a score 1-10) way of finding out what perception is of their brand.

Think about this... if the car question gets a lot of people to say "Honda" then it would be clear they are not being viewed as Modern Luxury.

However if the majority of people say "Lexus" or "BMW" then they would know they're setting off the right image.

If for the celebrity people pick "Larry the Cable Guy" they have failed miserably, but if they pick someone that is more young/fresh and does sophisticated films then they're where they ought to be...

The animal is weird though. There isn't really premium or sophisticated aimals so... that's a little "weird"

It's a non-ranked (give us a score 1-10) way of finding out what perception is of their brand.

Think about this... if the car question gets a lot of people to say "Honda" then it would be clear they are not being viewed as Modern Luxury.

"It's not your father's Oldsmobile " worked well.....

I would love to see what they would do with my cars, My Wife has a 2007 Honda Fit, I have a 2013 Hyundai Azera, and my pride and joy is a fully preserved 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce.

Alfa1v2.jpg.758b93728d229d64dfd7e12307436d48.jpg

Edited by greeneg

I would love to see what they would do with my cars, My Wife has a 2007 Honda Fit, I have a 2013 Hyundai Azera, and my pride and joy is a fully preserved 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce.

So, to answer the question of "If Celebrity were a car, which would it be", which of your cars would you choose?

Old and reliable, new and inexpensive or old and classy with a lot sexiness still left.

(My interpretation of your three cars - feel free to correct me if you see them differently.) ;)

The Azera isn't inexpensive, actually quite luxurious. My choice would be the Alfa, nothing like it except possibly a Ferrari......

Ed

Maybe not a good choice, the Alfa is a mid engine car with a small compartment for luggage behind the engine...which they warn can reach 140F so you probably don't want to use it for groceries. The front hood of the car looks like it opens, like a porsche, but it doesn't...it's sealed for weight balance.

So choosing the Alfa implies no storage in the cabin :)

Now that DH and I are empty nesters and almost nearing retirement, Celebrity seems to be doing everything in their power to drive us away instead of trying to keep us as loyal customers.[/i

Well put, CruisingChick!

Betsy

Ditto here. I am early 60's and plan on cruising for at least another 15 years and hopefully longer. That is ALOT of time and money I had planned to spend at Celebrity. Whether that will be the case really depends on how this all pans out going forward. I do feel like I am being driven away - at the very least certainly not considered a prime or most desirable customer. And yet when I started cruising with X, more than 20 years ago, I was much more apt to book an inside or non-balcony cabin (granted, there were no balconies to be had on the earliest ships). Now I am more apt to book CC or AQ (would have said suite also, but the recent changes pushed me out of that demographic due to pricing). I can see wanting to build the base, but we Boomers are retiring now and ready and willing to spend lots and lots of $$$ on travel and vacations. Wonder why Celebrity does not see this and/or does not seem to care.:rolleyes:

Good observation. And, I hate to over-state the obvious, BUT --

The new CEO clearly has time for this nonsense (silly surveys and picnic baskets), yet, there is NO improvement (in fact, things seem to be deteriorating) in the X website?! :rolleyes:

But the worst thing about it is that we, the customers who take Celebrity cruises, are the ones who are paying for this nonsense.

What a ridiculous waste of our money.

If we really wanted it squandered in such a frivolous way, we could have just given it to the government. ;)

A fine good evening sailers:

I have not received said email.

Given I have sailed with Celebrity since 1992 I presume that I am not their target market appropriate to "Modern Luxury".

Well I can tell Celebrity on this board that their "target market" is largely broke both in the US and Canada. The Cdn $ difference has ensured that even we with our good cash flow have NOT booked a Celebrity cruise in the future. None. The world of high debt, part time jobs, outsourcing etc will make it more difficult for the younger folk to commit to high cost vacations which are frankly luxury expenditures. It is appropriate to want a broad age profile to sustain a business, it is a bit of a challenge to not offend your current core customer.

With Target failed in Canada, the Gap closing stores, Starbucks reducing and many restaurants and retailers in Canada closed, the "source of funds" for cruising would appear to be less secure.

The cruise lines seem optimistic with their new builds, well I wish them luck.

I have totally enjoyed Cunard as I eliminated my loyalty to Celebrity for a variety of reasons. If Celebrity does not want my business as a baby boomer, that is their issue. There are other service providers out there.

More to the point, all cruise lines should be worried about the ability of ANY customer to have the "source of funds" in the future.

ABoatNerd

They send out a few thousand surveys with questions that would really provide no concrete information in any decision making..

After tossing out the gobblygook combination of serious and not so serious responses they announce that after "exhaustive research" changes and new ideas, that have most probably been conceived and already approved by marketing experts, bean counters and other "visionaries", are now part of their future product. If they wind up with a real flop we will have to sit it out until THEY eventually see a problem from their ivory towers and try to put a patch on the leak

Like a lot of today's TV programming what comes out of a boardroom gets viewers because that's all there is to watch.

The above is strictly facetious and silly and is only a product of too much sun while mowing the lawn today.

bosco

( 13 cruises with Celebrity and no survey. Guess I'm not in their future as well. }

Since we have cruised on 7 different lines over the years, ya'll can't call me a cheerleader, but:eek: Celebrity with over one million:eek: 1,000,000 passengers and 10-12, maybe 15, heck lets just double it to 30 people on this thread are taking their business elsewhere. That's going to rock their world don't ya think.

Every one will keep giving RCCL their $$ and they know it, but what the heck it's an Internet chat room.

( 13 cruises with Celebrity and no survey. Guess I'm not in their future as well. }

20 cruises with Celebrity, Elite + Member and we also did not get a survey, so don't feel so bad.

We will have to spend all the millions ;) we saved up for retirement on another cruise line (j/k about the "millions").