Celebrity Tote Bags

Newbury newbie

Just off the Summit this morning - we received the "grocery" bag (1) and the faux leather handled bags (2). We were in Aqua. (Nice cruise to Bermuda).

On our last two cruises, I have asked for the faux leather bags. I even went down to Guest Services and was told both times they were no longer available. They dropped off the shopping bags instead. I am jealous that you got one!

Just off the Summit this morning - we received the "grocery" bag (1) and the faux leather handled bags (2). We were in Aqua. (Nice cruise to Bermuda).

On our last two cruises, I have asked for the faux leather bags. I even went down to Guest Services and was told both times they were no longer available. They dropped off the shopping bags instead. I am jealous that you got one!

I'm rather jealous too!! This spring we did a B2B2B with all three legs in Aqua, and I received the web handled ones for all three legs.

Thank you for the pictures, Beth! Wow -- you must have quite a collection of tote bags! :cool: By the time we started cruising with X (2010) the white zippered bags had been replaced with the blue ones.

I think I've collected a total of 9 of them Suzanne, and I've given several of them away! :D (Actually, the first one was beige, not white.) They do come in handy.

I think I've collected a total of 9 of them Suzanne, and I've given several of them away! :D (Actually, the first one was beige, not white.) They do come in handy.

We have gotten a few now from the cheapo ones to the better quality ones.:D

The faux leather handle ones do look better.

When I get my standard bag I may just put my Gold Carnival pin on it, as a bit of a laugh and a sign of unity. :)

Someone on our last cruise was seen with a classy looking Princess bag and comments were made to her by staff. But if Celebrity had offered a decent bag, then...

We were in a balcony cabin last month on the Summit, and we got one of the grocery-style bags.

It was left in our cabin the night before our first port day along with two towels for the beach. I bet they do that because people forget to bring beach bags, and have no place to carry their towels when they leave the ship.

It's a nice gesture, but we already brought a larger (and more practical) bag to fit both of our towels and other things.

I've always preferred the X beach bags to the book/messenger-type bags that RC used to give you. To me, the X bags are perfect size to take to the beach. And, they zip, so you don't have to worry about things falling out, while you are climbing onto a bus, or jumping onto a moving tender boat. But, the feature I like best is the zipped, snapped-in smaller bag. It can be used as a wallet, or cosmetic bag. If you don't want to drag the big bag all over the beach, the small clutch bag snaps out easily. Whoever designed this bag has clearly spent a day or two at the beach! :cool:

when the room steward makes any issues known.:p

Whose name is Stewart.

Seriously, everyone is supposed to receive at least one of these varietal tote bags? Will check that out. As Aqua what should I expect? And I should ask the steward if I dont see one? Is this stated anywhere on the website? Mmm, second thoughts, is this in any of the literature?

Who is this Stewart we should ask? I don't believe we met him.

Sorry Jose or even Hose B then.

Funny I seem to get a Jose as either Steward or waiter every cruise, last cruise I had both waiter and steward named Jose.

Last month on the Equinox, sailed concierge and received the "grocery bag" styled one. I think they are getting cheaper as well. The handles of mine came off the first day, so I tied them on. Then by half-way through the cruise, the fabric by the grommets started to rip - they couldn't take much weight at all, could not put more than 1 bottle of water in the bag. (My cabin steward did give me a new one when mine ripped, btw.)

I'm feeling rather jealous of those other bags on this thread.

Edited by SandG

Last month on the Equinox, sailed concierge and received the "grocery bag" styled one. I think they are getting cheaper as well. The handles of mine came off the first day, so I tied them on. Then by half-way through the cruise, the fabric by the grommets started to rip - they couldn't take much weight at all, could not put more than 1 bottle of water in the bag. (My cabin steward did give me a new one when mine ripped, btw.)

I'm feeling rather jealous of those other bags on this thread.

The suite guests get the really good ones in their own little pouch.:D

Seriously, everyone is supposed to receive at least one of these varietal tote bags? Will check that out. As Aqua what should I expect? And I should ask the steward if I dont see one? Is this stated anywhere on the website? Mmm, second thoughts, is this in any of the literature?

If you look on the website under "staterooms", in the description for IN, OV, and Veranda it shows "complimentary tote bag" (grocery variety, in my experience).

Under Concierge Class - under additional - it shows "Celebrity tote bag" - dark blue w/either web or faux leather handles - and the pouch (from my experience). Nothing is listed for Aqua or Suites, but since they get everything CC gets, plus much more, it shouldn't matter, and they should most certainly get them.

So, having said this, you should receive one of the dark blue bags w/pouch. But then again, who knows? Sometimes they don't appear until the second or third day, but normally they should be in the room when you arrive. Just ask your room steward/stewardess if it isn't there. The card holders seem to have disappeared as well. As usual, total inconsistency.

Good luck! :)

Edited by gimletgal

The card holders seem to have disappeared as well. As usual, total inconsistency.

And yet we got card holders in both Concierge and - last December - Sky Suite categories. Inconsistency, to be sure.

I grew fond of those little plastic card holders. I guess the original idea was a place to keep your room key so the magnetic strip would not de-magnetize in certain types of handbags with magnetic clasps. We find them to be handy in our RV to hold various RV use-only membership cards.