Celebrity Tote Bags

Newbury newbie

Second cruise with celebrity fast approaching. Last year on the Eclipse we received a blue X tote bag in our cabin which was handy for taking to the pool. The wife would like to know whether this is standard and if we'll get another one this time on Reflection?

We didn't get anything in our celebrity suite on the Solstice last year.

You should have mentioned it to your butler...he/she would have probably accommodated your request as it was most likely an oversight or perhaps they ran out.

Second cruise with celebrity fast approaching. Last year on the Eclipse we received a blue X tote bag in our cabin which was handy for taking to the pool. The wife would like to know whether this is standard and if we'll get another one this time on Reflection?

On Reflection, we sailed in Aqua and had to ask for a bag. Same was the case on Silhouette. It was one of those you would get FREE at events. The better quality ones with the "leather" trim are reportedly no longer available when we asked on our last few cruises. I brought one of my old "leather" trimmed beach bags from a previous cruise.

The "leather" trimmed bags are now a different style. The new style is nice too, although I miss the previous style which looked much like a Longchamps bag.

In our suites in recent cruises we've gotten both the nicer bag and the regular bag (which is much like a grocery store reusable bag).

I'm sure if you missed the bag it was an oversight. Just ask.

A couple times they weren't out on our bed. They were in a cabinet somewhere in the room and we stumbled upon them.

There are two types as mentioned. One is the "complimentary tote bag," and the oter is the "Celebrity tote bag," both mentioned as promised amenities on the website.

Everybody is supposed to receive the "complimentary" grocery-store reusable type...they are attractive and handy for the ship pool or beach and for use back home.

Concierge and above are supposed to get a "Celebrity" tote made of more durable material that is folded to a small size and also handy as above or to toss in a suitcase for any trip. May not appear for a few days, but the steward should have (one per stateroom).

On edit- I actually prefer the newer version of the "leather" trimmed "Celebrity tote bag."

More than you ever cared to know on this subject?

Edited by Caribbean Chris

We received our leather handle bag on the Constellation in February so I now have a shelf full of them in my closet. We also received the grocery store type bag. This is the first we have seen that one. There has been a time or two when we had to ask but it was there that night when we returned. Don't be shy, just ask.

Of Summit 8th of June 2015. Was in Royal Suite, received leather trim bag with nice canvas case, did not have to ask. Friend in Veranda cabin got a nice shopping bag did not have to ask. third day of cruise was sitting on our bed.

Hmmm... I wonder if they just ran out on our cruise, and the butler didn't want to admit it. I did find it interesting that something so iconic could be "phased out", without a massive discussion here on CC! :confused:

Any one have a picture of the "new" version of the Leather trim tote bag?

If you have the old bag it is the same except that the handle is a webbed nylon instead of imitation leather.

At one time we got the bags the first day. On the last few cruises we got the nicer bag the second day. The grocery bag has been there day one.

Being the OP responsible for this thread I'm quietly amused how much interest there could be about a "bag"!!

Thanks for all the replies though. :):):);););)

You asked a question and we obliged

I have only had the Celebrity totes in Navy and I have quite a collection. I Have gifted them to DD and DIL. I like both styles as long as the pouch still snaps into the inside for carrying incidentals. ButI do agree the leather type handles did give it a more "Modern Luxury" feel:cool:

The only time I had to ask for it was when I was in a suite. Go figure ( but our butler story is a long one and not a happy one so we are back to AQ.)