New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

I don't usually get into discussions such as this one. However....from what I've been reading here, and also from my call to Celebrity to check on the pricing on an already booked cruise....I feel obliged to participate.

So.... our booked cruise in December( a suite) has gone up eighteen hundred dollars in price. The only difference is that for eighteen hundred dollars more we could get free internet.

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis! :D

And , for $349 (if it's longer than 10 days, otherwise $299) you can also get that free internet.

oh....don't count on that....some folks either won't think about it...or will just book because it's "easy". This is especially true of new cruisers who don't have the experience to know how to even do the math.

That's just what my DH said: some inexperienced pax will do it without realising it's not a deal.

I guess a lot of cruisers haven't been paying attention the last couple of years. The "free" promotions have accomplished the purpose which was raising prices and saving costs. It was a great strategy for the company and one they really needed to increase profits. Now they have many conditioned to accept convenience as a great deal.

It's smoke and mirrors and it worked. They were successful in establishing a new bottom line expectation for the price of a Celebriity cruise and going forward everything will be measured from that line. The market will still determine what kinds of "deals" there will be.

Go Business... Don't you just love it!!!

Well, I am a no-frills cruiser. I've never had a drink package, nor unlimited internet, and I can usually get my large online TA to prepay the gratuities. I get my OBC from the shareholder benefit. So for me, this is not good news. I just want a cheap bottom line, and will rely on my Elite status as always for free drinks, free laundry and some free internet. I guess that means I have wait for Exciting Deals or senior/resident rates, which appear to be the only way you can get no frills pricing. . .and if those rates are more than I care to pay, I'll start looking at other lines.

As a shareholder, I hope this works out for Celebrity. As a passenger, it doesn't work for me at all.

Well, I am a no-frills cruiser. I've never had a drink package, nor unlimited internet, and I can usually get my large online TA to prepay the gratuities. I get my OBC from the shareholder benefit. So for me, this is not good news. I just want a cheap bottom line, and will rely on my Elite status as always for free drinks, free laundry and some free internet. I guess that means I have wait for Exciting Deals or senior/resident rates, which appear to be the only way you can get no frills pricing. . .and if those rates are more than I care to pay, I'll start looking at other lines.

As a shareholder, I hope this works out for Celebrity. As a passenger, it doesn't work for me at all.

I feel the same way as you. Here's the thing I wouldn't mind paying more if I felt I was getting the exceptional food and service that we got when we first started sailing Celebrity. If they want to nickel and dime us and decrease service and food quality, then I will do the same to them.

I/we are a "no-frill cruisers" as well ..... and feel the same way.

How much is unlimited internet if we bought it on the ship?

We're looking at a 11 to 12 day cruise, and also the 15 day Panama Canal cruise that's already booked. Did I mention that 15 day Panama Canal cruise has jumped about $1,000 per person since we booked it w/ the 123 Go promotion.

Think, it depends on the itinerary. Our Jan ten day which we booked on board the Summit two weeks ago with the 123 promo is $38 cheaper under the Go Best umbrella.

Because Lisa kind of said so.

See her answer below.

Several of us tried to clarify but it wasn't posted or addressed.

I tried to ask that question.

Hi there,

Apologies that your question wasn't posted, but we did want to clarify some of the comments from yesterday's chat.

If I have an existing booking can I move to Go Big, Go Better or Go Best offers?

If you have an existing booking and would like to take advantage of the Go Big offer you may do so by updating to the prevailing standard rate. If you would like the Go Better or Go Best offer you may do so by updating to the prevailing standard rate and there will be an additional charge of $15 per person, per day for Go Better or $45 per person, per day for Go Best. offer. Please note, all previous offers will be removed when the new offer is confirmed.

Hi there,

Apologies that your question wasn't posted, but we did want to clarify some of the comments from yesterday's chat.

If I have an existing booking can I move to Go Big, Go Better or Go Best offers?

If you have an existing booking and would like to take advantage of the Go Big offer you may do so by updating to the prevailing standard rate. If you would like the Go Better or Go Best offer you may do so by updating to the prevailing standard rate and there will be an additional charge of $15 per person, per day for Go Better or $45 per person, per day for Go Best. offer. Please note, all previous offers will be removed when the new offer is confirmed.

Thanks.

What you have said is what I expected but NOT what Lisa said yesterday.

Quote:

We've already reserved and paid the deposit on a cruise for next summer. This new program won't affect existing reservations, will it?

by DaveEasternPenn 12:12 PM yesterday

↑ 0

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

No existing reservations will be affected. If you would like to upgrade to Go Best, we will take care of that for you with no change to your cruise fare. If you change staterooms, new pricing may apply.

12:13 PM yesterday

What I asked was what would happen to people who had 1, 2, 3 already included in their cruise fare if they wanted to upgrade to "Best".

If we do, in fact, have to re-book at current cruise fares , then it's a moot point since at that point it's just a new booking.

With a new job, I haven't been following the board and the current pricing strategy of Celebrity. Recently, some friends asked if we wanted to go on a spring break cruise. We said yes and so I looked at Celebrity yesterday as both families enjoy the cruise line. After pricing out different cruises, we came to the conclusion that we were not comfortable with the prices we would be paying for a Celebrity. There did not seem reasonable to us. We looked at other cruise lines, including MSC. Last spring we were blown away by our Yacht Club experience but did not give it much consideration for this trip. However, when we priced it out the YC, it was a $900 to $1,100 difference between MSC and the Celebrity cruises 2A balcony. In addition, MSC is providing a $600 credit. We went ahead a put a cabin on hold. These seems a better value to us than what Celebrity is offering. I am not sure what Celebrity is trying to do but it has driven us to look elsewhere for at least this trip.

Please note that I am aware that the fact that we are looking at a spring break cruise might have driven up the price.

Bo

I think you're on our cruise.

How did you price anything for that cruise?

When I try to look at it everything except insides and Suites shows as sold out so it won't show me ANY prices to compare.

(Not sure why I'm even checking, though.

We booked a LONG time ago and prices seem to be about $1000/pp more.

We booked under the whole 1, 2, 3 so the only upgrades would be unlimited internet (a $245 value with our Elite discount) and the Premium drink package (a $330 value).

So the $575 it will cost is for those two upgrades would cost us about $2000! :eek:

I Am sailing Silhouette, 7 Feb 16, if we are on the same sailing then we will have to have cocktails and lunch for sure!!!

Up on checking today, Tuesday 7Jly15, I Am able to access the site and a few of the staterooms, but I ultimately called my TA who together walked through the pricing and I was able to create my spreadsheet to determine if the new deal was good for me at any level.

For our 1A cabin the base fare increased $100, but our net cruise costs between original booking and the new offerings, the new offerings were up to $400 less overall. You have perks due to status which we do not yet enjoy, so that is a factor for you to consider too.

Look to meet you soon..

Thanks.

What you have said is what I expected but NOT what Lisa said yesterday.

Quote:

We've already reserved and paid the deposit on a cruise for next summer. This new program won't affect existing reservations, will it?

by DaveEasternPenn 12:12 PM yesterday

↑ 0

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

No existing reservations will be affected. If you would like to upgrade to Go Best, we will take care of that for you with no change to your cruise fare. If you change staterooms, new pricing may apply.

12:13 PM yesterday

What I asked was what would happen to people who had 1, 2, 3 already included in their cruise fare if they wanted to upgrade to "Best".

If we do, in fact, have to re-book at current cruise fares , then it's a moot point since at that point it's just a new booking.

Delete Message...

Edited by Bo1953

As we do not drink much alcohol, rely on internet and our daily glass of wine and laundry via our elite benefits and as we are not interested in the Specialty restaurants, we simply refuse to pay extra for these "perks" that do not add value to us.

If Celebrity is not offering us a cruise anymore without having to pay for a drink package etc, then Celebrity has lost 2 very loyal and regular customers in their thirties.

HAL gave us much better value for the money anyhow last month I must say.

I Am sailing Silhouette, 7 Feb 16, if we are on the same sailing then we will have to have cocktails and lunch for sure!!!

Up on checking today, Tuesday 7Jly15, I Am able to access the site and a few of the staterooms, but I ultimately called my TA who together walked through the pricing and I was able to create my spreadsheet to determine if the new deal was good for me at any level.

For our 1A cabin the base fare increased $100, but our net cruise costs between original booking and the new offerings, the new offerings were up to $400 less overall. You have perks due to status which we do not yet enjoy, so that is a factor for you to consider too.

Look to meet you soon..

Sorry Bo - We're on the 14 day Eclipse.

It also departs on the 7th and I didn't even think that maybe Sunday would be a day that lots of cruises depart.

The fact that you're on a 7 day makes sense that the new prices work out. It's what everyone has been saying - that less than 10 days works with the new pricing. Since ours is 14 days it's the opposite.

I WILL take a rain check for those cocktails and lunch, though! :D

oh....don't count on that....some folks either won't think about it...or will just book because it's "easy". This is especially true of new cruisers who don't have the experience to know how to even do the math.

..or those who have the discretionary income so it does not matter much. :)

For whatever it's worth...here's a comparison for our 10 day ABC island cruise...Oct 2016 on Infinity

Originally booked AQ 2 (by choice over AQ 1) at $2049 pp, 123 GO PROMO......included Classic bev for 2, $300 OBC per cabin, and grats for 2...valued at $300 by X

After being strung along for quite awhile, we learned via Cruisecritic postings that our cruise would be cancelled, so switched to same itin for 2 wks later..Because they had not yet cancelled, we had to pay $2099 per person to switch dates...this was the ALL IN PROMO which also has grats, classic bev and $300 OBC ..hope this one does not get chartered!

TODAY....same 10 day cruise in AQ2 is listed for booking at following rates:

$ 2499 GO BIG...pick ONE perk among:

grats for 2, Classic bev for 2, $150 pp OBC, unlim internet

$ 2634 GO BETTER ...pick 2 perks from the list

$ 2904 GO BEST.....get the 4 specifies perks (2 of which we have no use for. As Elite Plus the Internet mins (200) work fine as does the Classic...so no need for BEST...

we woud in the future have to cost out everything for BIg (as in Big Loser... you get only 1 perk) or BETTER ( as in Better for Celebrity)

Not surewe will be willing to go through all this in the fture after our 3 booked cruises

I have two cruises booked with X. Western Carib in Dec and Western Med Oct 2016. Well believe me I am looking to book elsewhere after this new turn of events. We really enjoyed the 123 promos, but I priced the Med cruise under the new scenario and it was way more expensive...for the terrible Internet and premium beverage....I don't think so! Also very disappointed with my TA at Icruise.com, as I asked her to run the numbers and I haven't heard from her...I ran the numbers myself. Guess I am not getting much service for the one hundred per cabin obc....anyone out there recommend a good TA.

Something I think people are missing in their comparisons that need to be factored in when evaluating this.

1. Make sure you don't forget the value of the upgrade to Premium when you get Best. $11.80 per person per day.

2. I believe the internet is for 2 people. I'm basing this on doing a dummy booking on the Celebrity site, on the options it says "Internet for 2". Now, my wife and I are fine with one internet, but I can see how the texting, constantly connected crowd would be able to benefit from this.

Something I think people are missing in their comparisons that need to be factored in when evaluating this.

1. Make sure you don't forget the value of the upgrade to Premium when you get Best. $11.80 per person per day.

2. I believe the internet is for 2 people. I'm basing this on doing a dummy booking on the Celebrity site, on the options it says "Internet for 2". Now, my wife and I are fine with one internet, but I can see how the texting, constantly connected crowd would be able to benefit from this.

Which reminds me......assuming double occupancy, can each person select a different perk or do both have to select the same with the "go big" and "go better" price structures?

Hi there,

We can confirm that 2 guests will receive the Internet package.

Which reminds me......assuming double occupancy, can each person select a different perk or do both have to select the same with the "go big" and "go better" price structures?

According to the website:

"Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)."

If you click on "Learn More" you can see this statement under each amenity description.

Edited by gimletgal

Just checked the Go! things for two cruises we are interested in (2017).

The first one is almost the same price as it was with the 123 but now only with classic pkg instead of the pkg+one more perk.

The other cruise has gone up by 6-7%.

Good deal... esp. when you pay 180 USD to get 150 OBC or if you choose the prepaid tips and not staying in a suite...

The only thing where it is worth to go!better if you are not staying in a suite is on e.g. 7 days cruises - for 7x15 USD=105 you get $150 OBC.

Many of us have run the numbers and have come to the same conclusion. Was Celebrity hoping we wouldn't notice? Can their bean counters not run numbers? Tis a mystery.

According to the website:

"Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)."

If you click on "Learn More" you can see this statement under each amenity description.

Thanks! ;)