New Suite Amenities coming in January 2016

Old As Dirt Mom

If this information has already been disseminated elsewhere, my apologies:

My husband (who doesn't cruise any more) received a HAL catalog in today's mail entitled "Your Dream Book" (his dream book doesn't include cruising:p)

On the last inside page, page 35, I read that effective January 2016, Vista and Signature suites will be receiving premium duvets, cotton bathrobes, and slippers (as the Neptune and Pinnacle suites receive already). In addition, the Vista and Signature suites will also be getting binoculars for use during the voyage.

Effective January 2016, the Neptune and Pinnacle suites will be receiving the following, in addition to the amenities they already receive:

An in-suite coffee and espresso machine

Bose SoundDock

Expanded line of Elemis bath amenities

complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast

That is all the information available in the catalog. I haven't been able to find any information at HAL's website. I am technically challenged, and unable to scan the page for your verification. The catalog we received is mailing# HAL15173US.

Hopefully, somebody else will be able to provide a link with further information as it becomes available.

Vista suites will receive the premium bathrobes, slippers, and duvets that the Neptune and Pinnacle suites already receive. Vista suites will also get the use of binoculars during the voyage. That is all they get that is new. Apparently the new amenities will be applied fleet wide.

I know you can't scan it OP but I went to the chat session on the website and got the info from a HAL chat agent. (I just took the approach of "a friend sent me an email and I think they're pulling my leg. Can you confirm?") Didn't want to bug them with a "on Cruise Critic there's talk that..." :D

Chat Transcript

Welcome to Holland America Line. We offer Chat service in English only. Please wait while we contact our next available agent...

All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.

You are now speaking with Thad!

Thad: How may I help you today?

Customer: Hi Thad. I have a friend that said they got a mailer called "Your Dream Book" - are you familiar with it or do you have access to that mailer?

Customer: I had a question about something they said they saw in there

Thad: What may I help you with?

Customer: Well here's the email they sent me... can you tell me if this is correct:

Customer: On the last inside page, page 35, I read that effective January 2016, Vista and Signature suites will be receiving premium duvets, cotton bathrobes, and slippers (as the Neptune and Pinnacle suites receive already). In addition, the Vista and Signature suites will also be getting binoculars for use during the voyage.

Effective January 2016, the Neptune and Pinnacle suites will be receiving the following, in addition to the amenities they already receive:

Bose SoundDock

Customer: I have the brand new brochure that covers through 2017 and am afraid my friend might be pulling my leg. Wanted to find out from "the source" if this is actually a change that is happening

Thad: Yes if you book a Neptune suite or Pinnacle suite you will have access to the Neptune lounge with all those amenities.

Customer: and starting is 2016 that includes complimentary mimosas, espresso machine etc? Those are the main ones that appeal to me and that's awesome if you guys are doing that now!

Customer: well perfect. I think it's time to book another cruise. :) PS - you might want to tell someone to update the website with that info. Those are huge value-included items that a lot of people would love to see and might help them decide to book!

Thad: I will make sure marketing knows it is not on the web site.

Customer: Thanks Thad. Have a great day

Is it also available for the Vista Suites… on the Volendam e.g. ?

Holacanada

I have the "Dream Book", and the new amenities for Vista and Signature Suites include a premium duvet, soft cotton bathrobes and slippers, and binoculars for use during the voyage.

If those binos are anything like what we've experienced on Celebrity, just bring your own They were inexpensive and of poor optical quality. Hopefully HAL will provide something better.

Edited by VioletHorse

My husband (who doesn't cruise any more) received a HAL catalog in today's mail entitled "Your Dream Book" (his dream book doesn't include cruising:p)

On the last inside page, page 35, I read that effective January 2016, Vista and Signature suites will be receiving premium duvets, cotton bathrobes, and slippers (as the Neptune and Pinnacle suites receive already). In addition, the Vista and Signature suites will also be getting binoculars for use during the voyage.

Bose SoundDock

That is all the information available in the catalog. I haven't been able to find any information at HAL's website. I am technically challenged, and unable to scan the page for your verification. The catalog we received is mailing# HAL15173US.

Hopefully, somebody else will be able to provide a link with further information as it becomes available.

Thanks for the information, Karin.

I have the "Dream Book", and the new amenities for Vista and Signature Suites include a premium duvet, soft cotton bathrobes and slippers, and binoculars for use during the voyage.

If those binos are anything like what we've experienced on Celebrity, just bring your own They were inexpensive and of poor optical quality. Hopefully HAL will provide something better.

The binoculars we had on Celebrity and those we've had in numerous Neptune Suites have been about the same.

They're better than NOTHING but that's about it. In some cases some more standard lenses for my Nikon could provide better results.

But again, better than nothing so can't really complain

Bose SoundDock

In-Suite coffee and espresso machine - Oh Heaven......

I want that so badly. Guess we have to book Neptunes from January 2016 on.:D

Mimosas only with in suite breakfast and not in PG? Are they trying to get people away from the PG at breakfast? Interesting- I believe Mimosas at breakfast are a suite benefit on Princess.

Edited by frankc98376

In-Suite coffee and espresso machine - Oh Heaven......

I want that so badly. Guess we have to book Neptunes from January 2016 on.:D

Gee, now that HAL has decided that coffee machines aren't a fire hazard after all, maybe we can bring our own! :)

Thank you for posting this. I don't know if this makes a suite any more appealing to me personally. Having a pod/capsule espresso machine in room doesn't compare to a cappuccino that you can get from the Neptune Lounge from the super-automatic machine. I just see this machine taking up more counter space.

I like the Sounddock feature, but they can become obsolete if the connection plug changes from the current Lighting connector for Apple, or is unusable if your using a micro USB connection.

Edited by absolutboy20

I like the Sounddock feature, but they can become obsolete if the connection plug changes from the current Lighting connector for Apple, or is unusable if your using a micro USB connection.

Apple change the connector? No way.

I happen to find this hilarious, but there are a few cuss words.

jyTA33HQZLA

I know you can't scan it OP but I went to the chat session on the website and got the info from a HAL chat agent. (I just took the approach of "a friend sent me an email and I think they're pulling my leg. Can you confirm?") Didn't want to bug them with a "on Cruise Critic there's talk that..." :D

Chat Transcript

Welcome to Holland America Line. We offer Chat service in English only. Please wait while we contact our next available agent...

All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.

You are now speaking with Thad!

Thad: How may I help you today?

Customer: Hi Thad. I have a friend that said they got a mailer called "Your Dream Book" - are you familiar with it or do you have access to that mailer?

Customer: I had a question about something they said they saw in there

Thad: What may I help you with?

Customer: Well here's the email they sent me... can you tell me if this is correct:

Customer: On the last inside page, page 35, I read that effective January 2016, Vista and Signature suites will be receiving premium duvets, cotton bathrobes, and slippers (as the Neptune and Pinnacle suites receive already). In addition, the Vista and Signature suites will also be getting binoculars for use during the voyage.

Bose SoundDock

Customer: I have the brand new brochure that covers through 2017 and am afraid my friend might be pulling my leg. Wanted to find out from "the source" if this is actually a change that is happening

Thad: Yes if you book a Neptune suite or Pinnacle suite you will have access to the Neptune lounge with all those amenities.

Customer: and starting is 2016 that includes complimentary mimosas, espresso machine etc?** Those are the main ones that appeal to me and that's awesome if you guys are doing that now!

Customer: well perfect. I think it's time to book another cruise. :) PS - you might want to tell someone to update the website with that info. Those are huge value-included items that a lot of people would love to see and might help them decide to book!

Thad: I will make sure marketing knows it is not on the web site.

Customer: Thanks Thad. Have a great day

So, Thad said that the Neptune Lounge has those things and NOT the Neptune Suites. Doesn't the NL have those things now??

**And did he ever answer that last question?

I truly hope there aren't going to be inexperienced folks trying to use Espresso machines in cabins all over the ship.:eek:

I truly hope there aren't going to be inexperienced folks trying to use Espresso machines in cabins all over the ship.:eek:

Personally can't see that happening. Can you imagine the PHS inspection nightmares. Sometimes they have a tough enough time keeping the NL machine working properly.

Dennis

Personally can't see that happening. Can you imagine the PHS inspection nightmares. Sometimes they have a tough enough time keeping the NL machine working properly.

Dennis

NCL seems to cope quite well with their machines in their suites :confused:

It figures - we are in a Neptune in Dec in an aft-wrap where that in-room coffee machine would really come in handy! Timing is everything I guess. Maybe they will feel sorry for us and start it early??

Edited by DaveOKC

**And did he ever answer that last question?

I noticed as well that he didn't seem to give a clear answer to the actual questions.

As for the machines, I'm sure they will be some kind of pod type thing where you just push a button, rather than real espresso machines, so, pretty idiot proof.

I'd trade all the flowers, alcohol, private lounge stuff, bathrobe, slippers, and quite a lot more for having a coffee maker in my cabin though! Not a pod thing, but something I can use for GOOD coffee. (Yes, I'm a Seattle coffee snob! LOL)