Eight things to never eat on a cruise ship

Pilot70D

Or at least that is the title of the following article which appeared on MSN today. It seems that we have all (or almost all) of us have been eating the wrong types of foods while cruising.

Unfortunately about the only thing not on their list of no-no's is beer and ice cream. Hmmmmmmm, come to think of it maybe the ice cream isn't so good for you either.

At any rate here is a link to the article. Please try not too laugh too hard while reading it:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/8-foods-to-avoid-on-a-cruise/ss-BBlXkAH

Everybody enjoy that next cruise and the food on it as well.

:D:):D:D

The War Department (a.k.a. Mrs. B) has come up with the path for our salvation.

We are booked on the upcoming Silhouette TA cruise leaving Rome on October 31st. We will pack and bring along with us two jars of peanut butter and one jar of jelly!!!!!!

:D:D:rolleyes::D:D

Just another in a long line of absurdly concocted articles about cruising. Can't believe that somebody actually gets paid to write the stuff. Where can I sign up? The article could be renamed 8 Foods to Avoid in a Restaurant. What a load of irrelevant malarky.

"We will pack and bring along with us two jars of peanut butter and one jar of jelly!!!!!!"

Better make sure it is low-fat peanut butter and jelly with no added sugar!!

OD

Oh, and you should probably avoid the bread, too. Never can be too sure about gluten. ;)

I guess the cruise lines should save on fresh produce and lean protein and just serve processed, out of the box foods, Kraft mac & cheese, Dinty Moore Beef Stew, etc. I am sure there are more but since I don't buy box foods I can't think of any.

The War Department (a.k.a. Mrs. B) has come up with the path for our salvation.

We are booked on the upcoming Silhouette TA cruise leaving Rome on October 31st. We will pack and bring along with us two jars of peanut butter and one jar of jelly!!!!!!

:D:D:rolleyes::D:D

Can't be good for you.

What a ridiculous article. I'm sure we've all noticed cooks at the grill use a meat thermometer to ensure that chicken is cooked properly.

if the ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise looks like it has been sitting out for a couple hours, you want to avoid it. Lack of refrigeration and warm temperatures cause bacteria to form.

Ketchup and mustard do not need to be refrigerated.

"We will pack and bring along with us two jars of peanut butter and one jar of jelly!!!!!!"

Better make sure it is low-fat peanut butter and jelly with no added sugar!!

OD

Can't do that, someone might have a peanut allergy and to the inevitable poster I know they are serious.

I think Lois is half right, it is stupid but it is also funny....