Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Wondering if anyone would have any insight into when spring 2018 Hawaii would be posted , not falling asleep at the switch this time I want hump or aft

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Week of 21 March with the Oz cruises.

Port bookings at St. Maarten would indicate that Oasis and Harmony along with Allure will continue their year round deployment from Florida ports. They are all 3 booked up to the first week of May of 2018.

This plan was detailed in the financial call last October.

Looking to book Caribbean/Bahamas for June 2017. Would we be better to book when it's released next week or wait until we're onboard Ovation in April?

if you know what you want to book, book it right away. Just watch the price and reprice as necessary. When you sail in April you can check to see if it makes sense to rebook onboard.

I know absolutely nothing about Asian cruises. Are there enough ports in the area that could handle an Oasis sized ship?

There are definitely ports in Asia that can handle the size of the Oasis Class. In the big main cities like Hong Kong, Singapore, China. Most have been upgraded to handle big ships like the Oasis.

Other than that, ships doing itineraries in Asia are known to dock at the container ports.

I don't know if Australia, Overseas Passenger Terminal is big enough for the Oasis. If it does, They could alternate between China and Australia.

To the other poster suggesting that Oasis will come to China, I doubting that since Royal has recently started to give Asia new ships therefore Oasis 4 has high chance of going to Asia. However, Europe is lacking an Oasis Class, so Asia might not get it after all.

Looking to book Caribbean/Bahamas for June 2017. Would we be better to book when it's released next week or wait until we're onboard Ovation in April?

if you know what you want to book, book it right away. Just watch the price and reprice as necessary. When you sail in April you can check to see if it makes sense to rebook onboard.

Remember if you're booking in the UK, you may not be able to reprice once onboard without losing your deposit or incurring charges ;).

Wondering if anyone would have any insight into when spring 2018 Hawaii would be posted , not falling asleep at the switch this time I want hump or aft

Looking at when I started the May, 2017, Hawaii thread, it was around June 10, 2015. So it came out later last year than with the Australia sailings. I'll be watching, however, the week of March 21, at least for the spring of 2018 Hawaii. :)

Remember if you're booking in the UK, you may not be able to reprice once onboard without losing your deposit or incurring charges ;).

Yes that's my worry. We've never booked onboard as the timings haven't worked out before. I think we'll probably just book as soon as they come out. I'd kick myself if we waited and the deal wasn't that great onboard. I am a bit confused though by the early C&A window. We are Emerald members but have always waited until the prices showed up on the RC website as we've never received an early booking email that everyone keeps talking about! Any suggestions??

Yes that's my worry. We've never booked onboard as the timings haven't worked out before. I think we'll probably just book as soon as they come out. I'd kick myself if we waited and the deal wasn't that great onboard. I am a bit confused though by the early C&A window. We are Emerald members but have always waited until the prices showed up on the RC website as we've never received an early booking email that everyone keeps talking about! Any suggestions??

The early booking emails for Crown & Anchor members are apparently just for "show." My email for this week's Europe sailings arrived in my inbox 18 hours after they were loaded into RCI's website, when anyone was able to book. So, don't feel bad that you didn't get the email. :rolleyes: :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

I would go ahead and book now and if the price has not gone up you can re-book while onboard and cancel the other reservation.

Like Karen said, the last two weeks everyone got emails saying they would get a 24 hour advance booking window but that did not happen on either of the previous 2 so I don't expect it to work this coming week

2 New York (Cape Liberty)

00:00 16:00

3 At Sea

4 Boston

5 Portland, Maine

6 Bar Harbor

7 Saint John, New Brunswick *

8 At Sea

9 Halifax, Nova Scotia *

10 At Sea

11 New York (Cape Liberty)

06:00 00:00

There will be 4 cruises...in fall of 2017.

BILL

thanks for the insight Bill, this one may be of interest as a filler till we do something bigger in 2018

Belinda

I would go ahead and book now and if the price has not gone up you can re-book while onboard and cancel the other reservation.

Like Karen said, the last two weeks everyone got emails saying they would get a 24 hour advance booking window but that did not happen on either of the previous 2 so I don't expect it to work this coming week

If she books in the UK and then cancels her booking, she will lose her deposit ;). The way around this is to book initially through a US TA and then see if the pricing/perks are better when onboard ;). If they are, she can cancel her US booking with the refundable deposit (however, she needs to take the exchange rate into consideration). Hope you got that Stamford :)?

Edited by villauk

If she books in the UK and then cancels her booking, she will lose her deposit ;). The way around this is to book initially through a US TA and then see if the pricing/perks are better when onboard ;). If they are, she can cancel her US booking with the refundable deposit (however, she needs to take the exchange rate into consideration). Hope you got that Stamford :)?

Thank you, that makes sense 😃 I've never booked through a US agent, wouldn't even know where to start?? Sorry for all the questions!

Week of March 21 for Australia cruises and most people feel they will be part of that group. They could have been with Alaska, but were not.

Yes--there are quite a few of us that have similar plans. . . . there will be lots of checking the Royal website and CC that week. :D

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

2 New York (Cape Liberty)

00:00 16:00

3 At Sea

4 Boston

5 Portland, Maine

6 Bar Harbor

7 Saint John, New Brunswick *

8 At Sea

9 Halifax, Nova Scotia *

10 At Sea

11 New York (Cape Liberty)

06:00 00:00

There will be 4 cruises...in fall of 2017.

BILL

Is that info from the Eskimos? I don't see it on RCCLs site...

Thank you, that makes sense 😃 I've never booked through a US agent, wouldn't even know where to start?? Sorry for all the questions!

Sorry but as you are probably aware, it's against CC rules for us to name TAs on this site. However if you follow the link titled 'Royal Caribbean Deals' in the box on the right of this page, it will take you to a page showing cruise price reductions. At the very bottom of that page, press the US the flag and it will give you many different options for TAs that advertise on CC ;). Do check that they don't charge a nominal fee for cancelling.

The best place for obtaining recommendations for TAs is at the M&M gatherings onboard ;). Hope this helps :)?

The exchange rate is not too good for us at the moment, but I like the flexibility and extra perks offered by the US TAs :). I'm awaiting the new deployment schedule for Anthem 2017 summer sailings :).

Sorry but as you are probably aware, it's against CC rules for us to name TAs on this site. However if you follow the link titled 'Royal Caribbean Deals' in the box on the right of this page, it will take you to a page showing cruise price reductions. At the very bottom of that page, press the US the flag and it will give you many different options for TAs that advertise on CC ;). Do check that they don't charge a nominal fee for cancelling.

The best place for obtaining recommendations for TAs is at the M&M gatherings onboard ;). Hope this helps :)?

The exchange rate is not too good for us at the moment, but I like the flexibility and extra perks offered by the US TAs :). I'm awaiting the new deployment schedule for Anthem 2017 summer sailings :).

Thank you villauk, you've been a great help. I am aware of the cc rules, so I won't say anything that will get us into trouble 😉

Edited by stamford57

Thank you villauk, you've been a great help. I am aware of the cc rules, so I won't say anything that will get us into trouble

My email address is jasonchelseafc@aol.com if you could let me know on there?

Thanks, Debbie

The rules also say:

"Asking someone to email you their travel agents name is also against the rules."

See: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1648539

Edited by moopetguy

Thank you for that. Was waiting to see if it can replace Rhapsody. I'm off to check :)

Cindy