What are your views on towel deposits???

Tudorcruisers

I have never given this much thought until we were on Summit 30/8/15 and we saw passengers leaving their towels in the rubbish bins at the beach rather than take them back to the ship !! I just feel this is totally wrong and

perhaps if the ship imposed a deposit this would not happen and people would return the towels.

I wouldn't mind at all paying a deposit when I was given my towel.

The keep track of your towels by making guests sign them out using cabin numbers on another line I sail with girlfriends. Very annoying. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Celebrity has never required the checking out of towels, by the pool or for the beach. For beach visits, your attendant will leave towels in your stateroom. You deposit them in the proper receptacles upon re-boarding.

Fortunately, Celebrity still treats their guests as adults, unlike some of the more family focused cruise lines.

Of course, there will always be a few who abuse this trust. But, that boorish behavior is generally infrequent and can be seen in all aspects of life, not just with towels taken off a ship.

Edited by sloopsailor

RCI had a $20 towel deposit for several years and it was extremely unpopular. People were constantly being charged for towels even though they returned them. Someone supposedly checked off your name when you returned them, which had to be at the pool area, you couldn't leave them in your room, but things got backed up frequently and people gave up and just left the towels. Then how do you prove you returned a towel? They finally dropped the idea awhile ago.

Edited by Kartgv

I will say that on that "other line that make you pay if you don't return your towel" is gave me pause for chair hogs......just remove the towel and turn it in. The chair hog is then required to pay for said towel!

Celebrity does not do this and treat people as adults. Yes, there will be some that don't ACT like one, but I'd bet that a certain loss of towels is built in to the cost of your cruis....:)

I have never given this much thought until we were on Summit 30/8/15 and we saw passengers leaving their towels in the rubbish bins at the beach rather than take them back to the ship !! I just feel this is totally wrong ......

Totally agree!

perhaps if the ship imposed a deposit....

Bad idea.

Lets be adults and the issue will disappear.

I don't mind paying a deposit, but I like to have a few towels in my stateroom to use them to cover the chairs on the veranda. So it would be a hassle to run and pay deposit every time I need 3 towels. Again, lets be adults... :)

If you take one of the Celebrity beach towels provided in each stateroom, and do not return them, your stateroom will be charged for them. (The cabin attendants know if they are returned or not.)

If you take pool towels and discard them in the trash, shame on you!!! All that does is raise the price for everyone.

This was not a popular thing on RCI. The people that abuse anything will always find a way around paying the fees. As noted...they will take a towel off of another lounger. Many time on RCI when we returned our towels...the attendant did not enter anything into the computer. Fortunately, we were never charged for towels. We never left towels on ship loungers or on beaches.

This was not a popular thing on RCI. The people that abuse anything will always find a way around paying the fees. As noted...they will take a towel off of another lounger.

Actually this might be a good thing to have happened to the chair hogs. Take their towel and then it will cost them money.

DON

I am not in favor of any deposit or the system Royal had for a while. But it drives me nuts that people just leave their towels all over the pool deck. I mean really, you cannot take your towel and drop it off in the bins by the towel stations? It is not that difficult. Never do we leave our towels on the pool chairs, we take them back to the towel station and drop off the dirty and get clean ones for the next day

Towel deposits will do a great job of making sure that the honest people return their towels. The others really don't care...."it is only a few bucks and I got a beverage package so I can still drink".... Just the way life is. The whole process would be a pain in the butt.

Fortunately, Celebrity still treats their guests as adults, unlike some of the more family focused cruise lines.

Of course, there will always be a few who abuse this trust.

I have noticed this and appreciate it. It's true and is like drink packages - until last year RCCL was like NCL & Carnival, not trusting cabin members not to share, and thus requiring everyone in the cabin to buy a drink package. My wife barely drinks more than a soda so I'm glad RCCL finally adopted the X method.

Perhaps they should put a towel bin near the trash bins and the ones that would have tossed them away will at least toss them in the towel bin.

If you take one of the Celebrity beach towels provided in each stateroom, and do not return them, your stateroom will be charged for them. (The cabin attendants know if they are returned or not.)

If you take pool towels and discard them in the trash, shame on you!!! All that does is raise the price for everyone.

I am sure that before the last tender leaves with the crew a recce is done and as many of the towels as possible are recovered. It would be in the locals best interests to return them anyway. On pour recent Solstice cruise all "Celebrity yellow" towels that were in the staterooms were removed and used for the solarium. If one wanted a towel to take ashore one collected them from the solarium or outside pools.

The keep track of your towels by making guests sign them out using cabin numbers on another line I sail with girlfriends. Very annoying. Hope it doesn't come to that,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How could this possibly work? Some idiot would sign atowel(s) out with some other cabin number!:(

I have never given this much thought until we were on Summit 30/8/15 and we saw passengers leaving their towels in the rubbish bins at the beach rather than take them back to the ship !! I just feel this is totally wrong and

perhaps if the ship imposed a deposit this would not happen and people would return the towels.

I wouldn't mind at all paying a deposit when I was given my towel.

We actually use towels we purchased on Cunard for beach trips & use towels purchased from Celebrity when on Cunard beach trips.

I am sure that before the last tender leaves with the crew a recce is done and as many of the towels as possible are recovered. It would be in the locals best interests to return them anyway. On pour recent Solstice cruise all "Celebrity yellow" towels that were in the staterooms were removed and used for the solarium. If one wanted a towel to take ashore one collected them from the solarium or outside pools.

It was actually at horseshoe bay and we got there by bus so there wouldn't have been any staff checking so the towels would have stayed in the trash. Enjoying all the comments.