Ensure you take all documentation re: OBC

wendychloecruiser

I wasn't expecting the OBC to be posted for a day or two so I didn't enquire until day 3. I took my paperwork to the professional and friendly Guest Relations whereupon it was relatively quickly rectified. GR did take a copy of my documentation and a call had to be made to Miami. I doubt it would have been so simple if I hadn't have had the email confirmation from my TA that I had requested from her prior to the cruise.

We've been having a heck of a time getting the obc from Visa and finally got confirmation a few days ago in writing. I will be taking it with me just in case and might be changing my credit card of choice soon as Celebrity Visa seems to hate parting with the money promised.

I wasn't expecting the OBC to be posted for a day or two so I didn't enquire until day 3. I took my paperwork to the professional and friendly Guest Relations whereupon it was relatively quickly rectified. GR did take a copy of my documentation and a call had to be made to Miami. I doubt it would have been so simple if I hadn't have had the email confirmation from my TA that I had requested from her prior to the cruise.

I am really nervous about the OBC that our new TA is providing. We normally book directly with Celebrity. Did your TA name happen to have the initials CC?

I am really nervous about the OBC that our new TA is providing. We normally book directly with Celebrity. Did your TA name happen to have the initials CC?

No, in answer to your question. Don't worry. Just take your documentation. If you can't find anything in the paperwork that states the OBC, like mine, just call the TA and explain that you would like an email confirming the OBC.

Your documentS from "your TA" will have your OBC outlined...at least mine does for an upcoming cruise.

We don't use a TA, but I also swear by a comprehensive "paper trail" -- which I always take with me. A little extra hassle, but it has saved the day for us, more than once. As they say in the military "If it isn't in writing, it doesn't exist". ;)

No, in answer to your question. Don't worry. Just take your documentation. If you can't find anything in the paperwork that states the OBC, like mine, just call the TA and explain that you would like an email confirming the OBC.

Your documentS from "your TA" will have your OBC outlined...at least mine does for an upcoming cruise.

Thank you! :) I do have documentation, but it's such a pain to have to handle if you are promised something. We have actually had this happen with two cruiselines not coming through with the OBC. One was Disney!

I had major issues with regards to OBC a few years ago on the Silhouette. Seems the only one posted to my account was the one from Celebrity and the larger chunk from the TA was missing. Took several calls to Miami from GR and Miami said they never received it. Finally after contacting the TA seems they sent it over a month prior to the cruise and it got missed somehow. Finally, on the the last day of my cruise it got posted and they ended up having to refund me cash at the end of the cruise. Fortunately for me I always take my paperwork as proof.

On our last cruise, the OBC from Celebrity for booking it aboard didn't come through. So a caveat to others is monitor your shipboard credits/charges, bring all relevant paperwork with you, and go to Guest Relations as soon as you notice a discrepancy armed with your documentation. We were credited with the missing OBC within a day after contacting Guest Relations.

Correct. Always bring a copy of the invoice from Celebrity and if using a TA something from them as well.

Always check the first night but use your TV. You thus can get your account with no waiting. If there is a problem wait to go down to guest relations under the next morning when there is no line!

As long as you have proof in writing all will be fine. We have had to provide documentation numerous times to X but we always turn out getting what we were promised. We have used this TA several times and have always had a very, very generous OBC from them. No worries. Enjoy your trip.

The past couple of cruises we've had problems with our OBC. I always bring documentation of exactly what we are to get, but I've never had to show it to prove it. It just took a couple of days after I asked (so maybe 5 total) to have the OBC show on our account.

Wouldn't the OBC be visible on the account that you can view in the room on the T.V.? If it isn't there shouldn't you go to guest relations before sail away to have it straightened out? At that point you probably can call your TA from your cell phone since you will still be in port.

On the TV, yes, but they always say to give them 1,2,3 days to get the OBC posted to the account. Perhaps that's just the OBC coming from Celebrity. Now sure if the same applies for OBC from a TA.

CC has never once failed to have the OBC there for us.

As long as you have proof in writing all will be fine. We have had to provide documentation numerous times to X but we always turn out getting what we were promised. We have used this TA several times and have always had a very, very generous OBC from them. No worries. Enjoy your trip.

Thank you, that's reassuring! Had a time trying to get them to put the OBC in writing. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

We've been having a heck of a time getting the obc from Visa and finally got confirmation a few days ago in writing. I will be taking it with me just in case and might be changing my credit card of choice soon as Celebrity Visa seems to hate parting with the money promised.

Not exactly clear and concise directions on how to cash in the Celebrity VISA points. I was actually able to do it through a link posted on CC. I printed out the email verifying the OBC and am bringing it with me on my cruise. I also have the original booking paperwork from when I booked this next cruise onboard. After reading other similar threads, and knowing the reputation of Celebrity's IT dept, keeping a hard paper copy is the only way I go.

Wouldn't the OBC be visible on the account that you can view in the room on the T.V.? If it isn't there shouldn't you go to guest relations before sail away to have it straightened out? At that point you probably can call your TA from your cell phone since you will still be in port.

Going to Guest Relations before sail away will only likely put you in a VERY VERY long line. If it is a problem with Celebrity OBC and you have your invoice from Celebrity then simply wait until there is no line - like early next morning. If it is a problem with TA OBC and you have a letter same as with Celebrity and if you are in the USA by all means cal your TA. If your TA will not put the additional OBC in writing you have the wrong TA. That means a fight probably after your cruise!

We use this company all the time and have never had a problem. On the first emails you received, "Thank you for booking with CC", is there mention of the OBC? If there is, print that out and take it with you in case you have a problem. When the other documents arrive (the Booking Confirmation) about 10 days after you book, there may not be any mention of the OBC on those ones. This is the case on our upcoming cruise. I hope you don't have a problem.