can you purchase 1 wifi but use 2 devices

We used several different devices, but only one at a time. Just make sure to log off correctly or you will get an error message the next time you try to log on. Make sure to bookmark the log off page or somehow remember not to just turn off your phone, ipad, etc.

We've both used the wifi on our iPads at the same time with the same login.

You can have two on at the same time if you have a two device plan. With a one device plan you have to log off the other device. I have forgotten to log off with an unlimited plan and it would not allow the other device to log on at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

On an Oasis class ship there are several different plans.

One will allow just one device at a time

Others will allow multiple devices at a time. If you bounce between tablets, laptops along with your SO's you just need to make sure your correctly logged off, otherwise you may have problems.

Just got off the Vison Friday. We had the internet plan as my traveling companion has children at home. The internet was so slow it was very irritating. Many times we were not even able to log on. At first we thought it was because we were in our room, but it was the same where ever we were. We did have 1 plan and used it on two devices, but only one at a time.

Pat

Just got off the Vison Friday. We had the internet plan as my traveling companion has children at home. The internet was so slow it was very irritating. Many times we were not even able to log on. At first we thought it was because we were in our room, but it was the same where ever we were. We did have 1 plan and used it on two devices, but only one at a time.

Pat

We are experiencing the same very slow internet on Vision. It's the worst of any Royal ship we have been on.

On an Oasis class ship there are several different plans.

One will allow just one device at a time

Others will allow multiple devices at a time. If you bounce between tablets, laptops along with your SO's you just need to make sure your correctly logged off, otherwise you may have problems.

Can you share the second device with someone in another cabin? Like one for our cabin and the other for brother in law in another cabin. So we can msg each other and keep in touch to tell each other where we are.

How is the WIFI on Freedom? I'm thinking of getting the package but not if it's slow.

I was on the Freedom last month, the Internet was terrible. Some times it wasn't working at all.

The only plus side, was a couple of days we could use more than one device although we only had a one device plan. We only realized this because I was logged in while DD was sleeping and when she woke up she logged in too.

On the Oasis, we always got the error message when switching between devices if we didn't log off properly.

I just returned from a cruise on Grand of the Seas and I wish I had NOT GOTTEN the internet. It was terrible. I should have complained the first or second day and then maybe I could have got my money back.

I kept hoping it would get better, If I was on a site to read only, it was okay and that was when I was in my cabin. If I was outside the cabin it was ULTRA slow, and you could NOT WATCH ANY MOVIES, YOU TUBE or anything like WWE network.

I could play games on my kindle, (which I did not need to pay for internet to do that) and I could read message boards, maybe view qvc items sold page, any shopping page you could read, but if your plan is to watch a movie, watch youtube, Netflix, WWE network, oprah, investigation discovery, etc. it is a WRAP.

I would not get it again unless I'm on oasis of the seas or a super new ship as the comments have posted above.

Can you share the second device with someone in another cabin? Like one for our cabin and the other for brother in law in another cabin. So we can msg each other and keep in touch to tell each other where we are.

It's not tied to a particular device, it's tied to the user name and password you choose when signing up for the plan. We only had the plan for one device but accesses the Internet from my iPad, my wife's iPad and occassionally one in the game room, not at the same time. I would guess the plan for two would work the same, just register one under you brother in law's user name and password and one under yours. The price is $15 per day for one device and $7.50 per day for the second one. This is current as we just got off the Allure yesterday.

How is the WIFI on Freedom? I'm thinking of getting the package but not if it's slow.

It was very slow during the day especially on sea days of the B2B Freedom cruises we just did. Very early in the morning, 6-7am, or late at night, after 9pm, speed was better as there was less usage by others.

During the day time on the last day the internet was really not working at all because so many passengers were attempting to check in for their next day flights. The ones I saw trying to do this were not able to do their check in for flights.

It's not tied to a particular device, it's tied to the user name and password you choose when signing up for the plan. We only had the plan for one device but accesses the Internet from my iPad, my wife's iPad and occassionally one in the game room, not at the same time. I would guess the plan for two would work the same, just register one under you brother in law's user name and password and one under yours. The price is $15 per day for one device and $7.50 per day for the second one. This is current as we just got off the Allure yesterday.

Thanks. I think this may be a way to keep in touch with others when we do different things on board. Also we can keep in touch with home. Last cruise we were on our youngest child at home went thru a break up and we were not there to console her. :(

you can use as many devices you want but only one at a time, you must log off using log off.com

So I'm not that familiar with "logging off" if we have only iPhones. If I turn off my Wi-Fi in the settings, does that mean that I am logging off and the next person can logon?

So I'm not that familiar with "logging off" if we have only iPhones. If I turn off my Wi-Fi in the settings, does that mean that I am logging off and the next person can logon?

Possibly not. The normal timeout is 2 hours. You should use your web browser (usually Safari) and go to the URL logoff.com. That will log you off immediately.

There is a logout page. You click logout. If you turn off your WiFi that might work but it might not. You want to logout on the RCI logout page.

We are currently on Oasis. We bought the one device package for the whole cruise knowing we could log out of one device and log in with another. We've actually spent the whole cruise both logged in at the same time - one on an ipad and one on a phone - using the same ID and password.

We were just off the Oasis. We had a very nice single device package the second leg of our consecutive cruise. Turning off WiFi on my Iphone enabled me to quickly sign on to my iPad and quickly again allowing me to sign on to a ships computer. We had the delay with the man overboard incident and I panicked and booked alternate air home because of the delay. I had to go back and forth between all my devices to find usernames/passwords for booking air.

We are D+ and have a C&A coupon pre-loaded on our sea pass cards for a free 24 hour WiFi use. We were able to apply that coupon plus pay $10 out for unlimited one device WiFi for the week. It was fast and a deal at $10.

Was on Oasis a few weeks ago and had one device plan with two devices logged in and working at the same time the entire week. My wife was concerned we were getting charged for a second device, but that never happened.

I watched football on the ipad while she was on facebook on her phone. And I'll say I watched the entire football game with no interruption.

Pat

I'm on Vision right now and the internet is "pull your hair out" impossible!