Allure westbound TA rude pax

jonbgd

Let me start off with

I know this isn't what I have experienced on most of our other cruises BUT

alot of pax were pushy rude and condescending

The worst situation was going to the Ice show.

We arrived during the early show and nobody was inline. My GF wanted to make sure we sat in front row. We were about 8 ft from the door. The show had technical difficulties and some left so we made sure people had space to leave. Show resumed All good. Show over people leave. We are still front of line. Another couple sitting on bench and parent in wheelchair.

Wile standing there another couple walked up that we knew and started chatting. Still front of line. Well us men started talking and not really paying attention, and a few other people got between the 4 of us in line. Not a big deal as we were maybe 6 ft apart. Ok not a big deal let the women get our seats and we are right behind them.

Next an older couple cut in front of our women and basically told everyone they were old and needed to get in first.

Ok.. So respect too elders, let it go.

When the ushers came out and set up a line for people with mobility issues on the right bank of doors. There was already a long line behind us on the left side.

Well people started to push and shove trying to get in the right side doors.

People without wheelchairs, canes or scooters. So one of the ushers told everyone to calm down. Finally they opened our side and we went in.

People were pushing and shoving trying to get past me.

As I walk down the stairs on the left I see a couple men yelling at our women as they had procured our seats in the front row.

They were yelling that those first couple rows were reserved for D+ pax only.

I could here this as Im walking down the stairs

As I walked up to the first gentleman, standing in the second row to inquire ,why he was so upset. He stopped yelling. but he did say to me that the front row was for Diamond plus.

Which I said no and pointed to the side of the ice rink and told him that is the only reserved seating and it is for Gold cards.

He sat down and got into some argument with his wife and proceeded to tell het to shut up.

Now the second gentleman

He and I had a discussion for a good 5 minutes and during that time he told me he was D+ and the front row was for D+ only. So I asked how does he know what status I am.

He answer was "lt doesn't matter I have over 600 cruise days and these seats are for us". Which I told him soon you will be able to sit in the gold section but till that happens your SOL.

He than asked If I was American which I proudly answered YES

He than said" I am German Im better than you I deserve to sit here."

My Response was My family immigrated to the US from Germany in the 1634 so I guesss that makes me German too:p

after that he got in an argument with his wife. We all sat down and enjoyed the Ice show.

So Basically 2 D+ couples didn't get to sit in the front row together.

They sat behind each other. Both men looked like jerks and both wifes were embarrased

Now I know this isn't indicative of D+ pax but the other couple it was their second cruise on RCL and that didn't look good for Royal.

Let me start off with

I know this isn't what I have experienced on most of our other cruises BUT

alot of pax were pushy rude and condescending

The worst situation was going to the Ice show.

We arrived during the early show and nobody was inline. My GF wanted to make sure we sat in front row. We were about 8 ft from the door. The show had technical difficulties and some left so we made sure people had space to leave. Show resumed All good. Show over people leave. We are still front of line. Another couple sitting on bench and parent in wheelchair.

Wile standing there another couple walked up that we knew and started chatting. Still front of line. Well us men started talking and not really paying attention, and a few other people got between the 4 of us in line. Not a big deal as we were maybe 6 ft apart. Ok not a big deal let the women get our seats and we are right behind them.

Next an older couple cut in front of our women and basically told everyone they were old and needed to get in first.

Ok.. So respect too elders, let it go.

When the ushers came out and set up a line for people with mobility issues on the right bank of doors. There was already a long line behind us on the left side.

Well people started to push and shove trying to get in the right side doors.

People without wheelchairs, canes or scooters. So one of the ushers told everyone to calm down. Finally they opened our side and we went in.

People were pushing and shoving trying to get past me.

As I walk down the stairs on the left I see a couple men yelling at our women as they had procured our seats in the front row.

They were yelling that those first couple rows were reserved for D+ pax only.

I could here this as Im walking down the stairs

As I walked up to the first gentleman, standing in the second row to inquire ,why he was so upset. He stopped yelling. but he did say to me that the front row was for Diamond plus.

Which I said no and pointed to the side of the ice rink and told him that is the only reserved seating and it is for Gold cards.

He sat down and got into some argument with his wife and proceeded to tell het to shut up.

Now the second gentleman

He and I had a discussion for a good 5 minutes and during that time he told me he was D+ and the front row was for D+ only. So I asked how does he know what status I am.

He answer was "lt doesn't matter I have over 600 cruise days and these seats are for us". Which I told him soon you will be able to sit in the gold section but till that happens your SOL.

He than asked If I was American which I proudly answered YES

He than said" I am German Im better than you I deserve to sit here."

My Response was My family immigrated to the US from Germany in the 1634 so I guesss that makes me German too:p

after that he got in an argument with his wife. We all sat down and enjoyed the Ice show.

So Basically 2 D+ couples didn't get to sit in the front row together.

They sat behind each other. Both men looked like jerks and both wifes were embarrased

Now I know this isn't indicative of D+ pax but the other couple it was their second cruise on RCL and that didn't look good for Royal.

Hilarious. I wish I was there to see it.

There are rude people from every country, and everywhere. And no... the first rows aren't "D+" only. What a jerk (how do you say that in German?). When he sad "Germans are better," I would have been tempted to ask "didn't we prove that theory wrong in 1945?" Probably wouldn't have been PC, but would have sure embarrassed my wife, and that's always worth a reaction. :)

We were on the same cruise and -I have never encountered any rude passengers except the American English speaking passenger with his wife, climbing- I am not kidding - over 4 rows in the main theater to bypass the staff checking only Gold card bearers sit in the designated reserved section.

On the other hand - they might have been Germans that speak perfect US Southern dialect.

But- I do not want to go deeper into prejudice statements like those here that are full of general hate against Germans and any other than US nationality....

Edited by christi1805

Aren't there like 100 seats in the "front row" for the ice show?

And on a related note, who the heck cares what row you are in? It's an ice show!

exactly ! Unfortunately, some folks have a stronger sense of entitlement than others ... :)

So this is a situation we have never seen and hope we wont again.

Im also not pointing fingers at any nationality, as I saw some rude Americans as well, especially in the guest service line:eek:

But an interesting side note. The other couple we sat with, his father was actually part of the Great Escape. The movie that starred Steve McQueen.

His father is still alive and actually attended the veteran reunion last year at the German prison camp museum in Poland(I think). Something like the reunion of Pearl Harbor they use to do.

I've been to 3-4 shows and have never seen D+ get the front row. Am I missing something? There is always a Gold card row, but D+?

Never has been.

Never will be.

(gold card is a SECTION, and in the ice theatre, it's the pie-wedge-shaped section BEHIND the front section, in one corner)

Never has been.

Never will be.

(gold card is a SECTION, and in the ice theatre, it's the pie-wedge-shaped section BEHIND the front section, in one corner)

True on the Voyager/Freedom class as we sat there on the Liberty but on the Allure they don't have the wedges in the corner so it was a few front rows left side of rink.

Edited by jonbgd

Wow... for the Ice Show no less. I don't discount the beauty of the show, but I can think of a few other venues and performers that are more worthy. :)

Nothing like the front row, on the sides. You can feel the wind created by the skaters as the go by. :D

exactly ! Unfortunately, some folks have a stronger sense of entitlement than others ... :)

Some folks do have a stronger sense of entitlement.

Same ship and cruise... Very long line of guests with reservations to see the show at the Amber Theater waiting for the doors to open. We were second in line and a group of guests with gold cards (not in line) approached one of the closed theater doors and pulled it open... crew members inside tried to stop them, but the lead guest did not stop. She said... "our gold cards open all doors on this ship".

With the theater doors now open, the long line of waiting guests began moving forward and the crew was not ready to check off or count the guests coming into the theater. The end result was that many guests with reservations were not able to find seats for the show.

Some folks do have a stronger sense of entitlement.

Same ship and cruise... Very long line of guests with reservations to see the show at the Amber Theater waiting for the doors to open. We were second in line and a group of guests with gold cards (not in line) approached one of the closed theater doors and pulled it open... crew members inside tried to stop them, but the lead guest did not stop. She said... "our gold cards open all doors on this ship".

We always sail in a suite and would never pull this type of crap. If I was there I would have shown them my gold card and told them to wait just like me. Until the doors open for the guests there is no advantage of having a gold card. There are always fools among us and these suite guests tarnish the rest of them.

I would bet $5 that these were not Pinnacle guests and I would go as far as saying that these were first time cruisers. This type of comment does not come from a seasoned cruiser.

I'd would suggest they go up to the bridge and see what that type of response they get when they try to force that door open.;)

I have a great deal of respect for Germany and Germans. Well, except for their lapse in sanity for about 20 years last century. You want good online travel sites? Go to the German ones and get the English version. Italian train information and reservations? Use the German train site. You want clean cities to visit? Go to Germany.

Having made the above disclaimer, I have found repeatedly on MANY cruises that the German passengers are more consistently rude and arrogant. There are rude people all over the world; every nationality has rude people. But, for some reason I see, hear, and experience more rudeness from Germans on ships. This is after 43 years of experience, by the way. Not a one-off experience. Go figure.

However, I am the first to admit that I am sensitive to rudeness: it really bothers me. So, I tend to remember it.

I think some of this may be cultural - the lack of respect for lines. The way my parents explained it to me is anyone that lived in the Eastern Bloc nations prior to the Berlin Wall coming down remembers what it was like when resources were scarce. When the grocery store got some bread or some oranges, it was push, push, push to get yours, cause if you waited in line you were sure to lose out. Some travel books I read about visiting countries like Poland and Germany talk about this lack of respect for 'queues' (what we call lines).

Not excusing the behavior, just explaining a potential reason.

I was once in the Warsaw Airport when it had to be cleared because of a bomb threat. When they reopened it, my god, the stampede of people pushing to get back in. And the pushiest people of all? Why it was the little 4' 6" babcies in their babushkas. The younger folks were a little more patient, but look out for them ol' timers!

There are rude people from every country, and everywhere. And no... the first rows aren't "D+" only. What a jerk (how do you say that in German?). When he sad "Germans are better," I would have been tempted to ask "didn't we prove that theory wrong in 1945?" Probably wouldn't have been PC, but would have sure embarrassed my wife, and that's always worth a reaction. :)

LOL My thoughts exactly!!

When we were on our Mediterranean cruise, we ran into some very rude Italians who pushed and shoved every time we tried to disembark at a port. It was the same group of people who thought they had the right to always be together. Rude people exist everywhere. We just backed off and let them shove their ignorant way to the front. I didn't figure it was worth causing a fight over since we would all get off the ship eventually.

We always sail in a suite and would never pull this type of crap. If I was there I would have shown them my gold card and told them to wait just like me. Until the doors open for the guests there is no advantage of having a gold card. There are always fools among us and these suite guests tarnish the rest of them.

I would bet $5 that these were not Pinnacle guests and I would go as far as saying that these were first time cruisers. This type of comment does not come from a seasoned cruiser.

I'd would suggest they go up to the bridge and see what that type of response they get when they try to force that door open.;)

I dunno about that. There was one female suite guest on this particular cruise--a well seasoned RCI cruiser--who fits the bill. It mightn't have been her but it sure sounds like something she would say and do. :( I'm glad to say however that the overwhelming majority of Ds, D+s, and Pinnacles on the Allure TA were wonderful people and we enjoyed meeting and talking to them. That gold card "ME FIRST" was more the exception than the rule.

This totally sounds ridiculous. There are several lines that we have 100 + days. We have seen many of the shows repeatedly. We don't consider it a big deal if we don't go to any shows during a cruise. Let alone act like we need to sit in the front row. I can't imagine having 600 days and pushing to see a show. They should have all of the shows memorized by now.