No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

You are missing the point here. I don't care what other cruise lines offer free bottled water. I have cruised Celebrity loyally for over 20 years. As Petey Mil said, it's the principle of the thing. When I booked (and paid extra for) AQ class I expected to receive all the things Celebrity promised for that class of cabin. Now I'm finding out they have been removed in a very sneaky way. THAT IS NOT RIGHT!!

Maybe some of us don't want to book the drink package because it would be a waste for us. A premium water package would cost us $42.56 CDN/day plus tip for 2. On a 44 day cruise that amounts to quite a pile!

So well said! Daily delivery of bottled water has been one of the Aqua Class perks since the introduction of Aqua Class. And I also see the manner in which this perk has been removed as being under-handed and furtive.

If "almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk" then it should cost "almost"

nothing to retain and so what's the point in doing this .

I don't see the point in removing this perk either. I suppose I could understand if Celebrity had installed those water dispensers designed to re-fill water bottles (such as the ones now appearing in air terminals and national parks), but we all know that Celebrity is more than willing to sell bottles of water. By abruptly changing a perk which was in existence when the cruise was booked Celebrity headquarters is just making a number of their loyal customers unhappy.

Some have expressed the opinion that since so many Aqua cruisers have a beverage package the loss of daily bottled water is not a big deal. While that may be true the counter point is that since so many Aqua cruisers have a beverage package the cost to Celebrity to provide daily water to those without a package would be negligible.

Maybe they also sold off the really plush AQ towels ( once promised but now replaced with scratchy, ripped , stained and frayed) for same reason?..

Looking forward to some word back from X...we have 3 booked in AQ...cabin location not the greatest in AQ, but perks have been worth the trade off..

Can't feel sorry for you with the loss of the plush towels. We were in a Celebrity Suite and the towels were atrocious. I give better quality towels to a friend for her dogs, or for use as rags. :D

On the subject of water, I was appalled on a recent cruise, when I tried to buy a bottle of Crystal Springs (non premium water)

I was told Crystal Springs was only for people with drink packages and the only one I could buy was the Evian at $5.50 + 18%. Not a chance.

Absolutely incredible.

One would think all policies would be uniform through out the X fleet. Apparently not. Last Jan 2015, we were on the Silhouette and we didn't have a drinks package. As we were leaving the ship for an excursion, we bought a couple of bottles of water. Crystal Springs is what they were selling.

On the subject of water, I was appalled on a recent cruise, when I tried to buy a bottle of Crystal Springs (non premium water)

I was told Crystal Springs was only for people with drink packages and the only one I could buy was the Evian at $5.50 + 18%. Not a chance.

Absolutely incredible.

Quick note from AQ on Eclipse right now--my stateroom has the bottle of fizzy wine, the apples, the two bottles of water (it's day one, though, so this proves nothing), a white bag with slippers and lip balm, two robes, a couple of umbrellas in the closet, binoculars (which I thought were gone so I brought my own), the silly aromatherapy diffuser, three green apples, a blue tote bag and a little embossed key card wallet. I also do have what I guess are the enhanced breakfast door hanger menus.

Edited by perditax

Quick note from AQ on Eclipse right now--my stateroom has the bottle of fizzy wine, the apples, the two bottles of water (it's day one, though, so this proves nothing), a white bag with slippers and lip balm, two robes, a couple of umbrellas in the closet, binoculars (which I thought were gone so I brought my own), the silly aromatherapy diffuser, three green apples, a blue tote bag and a little embossed key card wallet. I also do have what I guess are the enhanced breakfast door hanger menus.

Thanks!

Good to hear!

it's also good to hear that you're in your cabin relatively early. :D

Edited by chamima

Thanks!

Good to hear!

it's also good to hear that you're in your cabin relatively early. :D

Yes, I think I've been poking around in here for about 30 minutes, so it wasn't bad at all.

Aqua also has a little separate waiting area in POM (terminal G), and we seemed to be among the first to board (after suites I guess) as well as a separate check in line. At the time I boarded (just around 11am) the ship was like a ghost town still. Had never seen a buffet so empty. :) I wasn't hungry at that point, going to head up in a moment, I'm guessing the buffet will be a bit more lively bow.

We are Elite Plus (over 2200 points) and are very disappointed to learn the daily bottled water in Aqua Class has been discontinued.

One of the perks we liked with Aqua Class was the bottled water every day. Particularly since the pitchers of ship's water were no longer provided, the pitcher holds much less than two bottles and the tap water is rarely cool.

Yes, the beverage package Celebrity now routinely offers as one of the perks it bakes into the go big price includes bottled water, but that perk isn't offered on transatlantic cruises and with the beverage package you can only get one bottle at a time and have to go to a bar to pick it up and carry it back to your room, instead of having it delivered to your room. Yes one can buy and bring a case of water on board (until that policy changes) but it isn't always convenient to have to stop at a store to buy a case if you are flying in for the cruise. And there isn't any option from Celebrity to have a case of bottled water delivered to your room.

What we also find troubling is that Celebrity changes the perks that are advertised as being provided at the time we book and in the case of our upcoming January cruise after final payment, without informing its passengers of the change in advance.

candr, don't roll over and play dead! I'm not! I've been screaming about this and I won't stop until I get what I was PROMISED and PAID FOR!

Post on Facebook, do the e-mail on the other thread, call and complain, but don't just say "oh well, they discontinued it"...

This was suggested several postings ago. Very few from this board have posted on Facebook. On the Facebook page it is listed under viewers post, very small print. Keep posting, people other than the CC Community do pull up Celebrity's Facebook page. So far Celebrity who monitors the CC boards & Facebook has been ignoring all the dissatisfaction of posters regarding the removal of the daily water from Aqua. Celebrity already reversed it's decision regarding taking away the dinners in speciality restaurants for Sky & CS. Now if you booked before 1/1/16 you still retained that perk. Celebrity taking away a perk that was promised at booking is going to have people wondering if you will take other perks from them before they cruise, this could become a trust issue with the brand.

I have both sent an e-mail to Celebrity and also posted on Facebook. I also urge others who haven't done so to express their opinions to Celebrity by both sending an e-mail and posting on Facebook.

I am perplexed that the official Celebrity poster (and yes, I understand it most likely is more than one employee) hasn't tried to explain the rationale behind this decision to remove an Aqua Class perk -- particularly a perk which began with the introduction of Aqua Class.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for any sort of response from my e-mail. I haven't even received an auto-response that it was received!

Quick note from AQ on Eclipse right now--my stateroom has ..... a white bag with slippers and lip balm, .....

It always surprises me how inconsistent Celebrity is across their relatively small fleet. We were on the Equinox last fall from October 2nd until November 9th. The first two legs of that B2B2B were in an Aqua Class stateroom, and our excellent stateroom attendant told me that the white bag and the lip balm had been discontinued. I always left the white mesh bag in the stateroom but did use the lip balm. But the entire time we were on the Equinox I didn't see any other passengers with the white mesh bag so I suspect that no one received them.

Please keep us posted on the water situation. And have a great cruise.

If folks do not raise a stink on this, what will they take away next?

If I want water, I can get it at several locations on the ship for free. However, I cannot walk to get live music by the pool, participate in lost activities, etc. These other cuts have been going on for some time and most cruisers have been silent.

I have both sent an e-mail to Celebrity and also posted on Facebook. I also urge others who haven't done so to express their opinions to Celebrity by both sending an e-mail and posting on Facebook.

I am perplexed that the official Celebrity poster (and yes, I understand it most likely is more than one employee) hasn't tried to explain the rationale behind this decision to remove an Aqua Class perk -- particularly a perk which began with the introduction of Aqua Class.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for any sort of response from my e-mail. I haven't even received an auto-response that it was received!

I did post a comment on Facebook. What is the best email address to use to write to celebrity about this?

If folks do not raise a stink on this, what will they take away next?

Hi Dennis!

I agree. It just feels like this little chipping away. Small thing by small thing. Each thing by itself doesn't matter that much but the totality changes the whole experience.