No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

However, they don't care.

Unless the MDR experience really changes, I think we're no longer booking aqua on Celebrity. We'll spend those extra dollars booking other cruises on more upscale cruise lines.

Try NCL u might be surprised. I've only been on the new ships but it's a different experence. Give it a shot. I was glad I did.

Go for it! But please come back and give us a comparison.

We usually book Aqua Class for TAs which means no Go Big perk or drink package. I am disappointed to see we only get a welcome bottle of water now. Hopefully we still can get bottled water in the Elite afternoon/evening lounge.

I haven't read all the way through this thread and this might have already been pointed out, but Celebrity frowns on refilling used water bottles for health reasons and for the same reasons we are supposed to get an unused glass when going back for a second glass of water, iced tea, juice, etc.

Ths may be a stupid question...does elite plus get the sparkling wine whether in aqua or not?

No, Elite Plus members do not get a bottle of sparkling wine as an amenity in the cabin. We can order a glass of sparkling wine at the Elite/Elite+ happy hour, however.

We usually book Aqua Class for TAs which means no Go Big perk or drink package. I am disappointed to see we only get a welcome bottle of water now. Hopefully we still can get bottled water in the Elite afternoon/evening lounge.

Yeah, and it's only a 9oz bottle as compared to the 16.9oz that everyone had been getting on a daily basis. :eek:

Yeah, and it's only a 9oz bottle as compared to the 16.9oz that everyone had been getting on a daily basis. :eek:

When we don't have the all-inclusive 123 Go package, maybe I should pack a funnel to pour water from my fresh glass of Oceanview Cafe water into our empty water bottles! :rolleyes: Or otherwise use the Elite/Elite+ benefit to get 9oz waters with vouchers or at Elite evening lounge. We can buy waters in port (or on ship) but we don't have as many opportunities when we are on a TA.

When we don't have the all-inclusive 123 Go package, maybe I should pack a funnel to pour water from my fresh glass of Oceanview Cafe water into our empty water bottles! :rolleyes: .

I have a confession... we just use the tap water to top up our water bottles (after a good rinse out) Some places we just use the city supply :D

nfprn6.jpg

r.

I would think all TAs use coupons and you will be able to use any of the coupons that you did not use for drinks for water or soda. I am sure you can even find some extras. I doubt whether most people use all three coupons. Of course this does not help those that are not at least Elite.

And the difference in cost between a 9 oz bottle and a 16.9 oz bottle is probably less than a penny....I'd bet that saving wouldn't pay for Lisa's lunch this week....but I bet it looks great on charts...

Ha! Thanks for that suggestion. Just checked the UK website and low and behold, daily water is still listed as an amenity in AQ.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/accommodation/solstice-aquaclass

No sparkliing wine listed though - has this really gone as well? Think I will print off the page on the UK website and take it with me. I emailed, as suggested, yesterday adding that I was looking forward to receiving their comments on this issue - nothing so far.

A Sixth - we wouldn't want to move to a lower category room as we love Blu. Unfortunately we can't afford a suite though, but thanks for the suggestion.

I would take a screen shot or printout of the link, and take on the cruise, and demand you get what you were promised when booking. In Windows 8 there is a screen shot app called 'Snipping Tool', its great for keeping track of prices and information.

I presumed part of the AQ experience was to have a somewhat healthy "spa" experience. If they want to reduce the water, why not just one large bottle of water or two small bottles daily? Or at least a new bottle when you have an empty or partially filled bottle?

I would think all TAs use coupons and you will be able to use any of the coupons that you did not use for drinks for water or soda. I am sure you can even find some extras. I doubt whether most people use all three coupons. Of course this does not help those that are not at least Elite.

We have always had Elite vouchers, since vouchers came into existence on TAs, because there are so many Elite/Elite+ members on TAs and occasionally on other popular cruises as well. Three vouchers are enough for us - two glasses of wine (one pre-dinner, one w/ dinner) and one bottle of water each especially if we can use a voucher to get a big water. It is less convenient (extra trip back to cabin) though than having the water supplied daily in the AQ cabin, which was a perk we enjoyed so much more than the bottle of sparkling wine (except the time we got good champagne from Champagne, France - that would trump water!).

Tour de Cruise, a funnel is a great idea! No complaints about contamination, etc. We have a set of funnels and one is small enough to pack easily yet do the trick. Thanks!

I have a thin plastic funnel that folds with a loop latch. :D Then I don't have to worry about contamination. I will pack it for TA in April. We have the all-inclusive 123 Go with drink package for next month's Summit cruises.

Edited by TourDeCruise
Typo

I didn't realize you could get a bottle of water with an Elite voucher. That's great, because for us, too, one cocktail each before dinner is more than enough. If you don't get vouchers but instead have to go to the lounge, can you also get a bottle of water there in addition to your drinks?

So there are workarounds to their, still, let's not sugar-coat it, cheapness.

I didn't realize you could get a bottle of water with an Elite voucher. That's great, because for us, too, one cocktail each before dinner is more than enough. If you don't get vouchers but instead have to go to the lounge, can you also get a bottle of water there in addition to your drinks?

Yes, you can order and get a 9oz bottle of water in the Elite lounge with or without the voucher during the happy hours (plus elsewhere if you have the vouchers). You can even order it at the same time you order your cocktails. Some servers can be talked into the larger bottle.

The "vouchers" may be on your sea-pass card now, for those cruises qualifying (a certain number of Elite/Elite+ members) for vouchers.

So there are workarounds to their, still, let's not sugar-coat it, cheapness.

Yes! We can share workaround ideas, but it is still cheapness on their behalf. We'll just play a similar "cheapness" game with our workarounds.

The "vouchers" may be on your sea-pass card now, for those cruises qualifying (a certain number of Elite/Elite+ members) for vouchers.

Are you sure that you are not confusing Celebrity with another cruise line? I have never seen or read about Celebrity having the capability to put the vouchers on the sea cards although that would be a great idea. Did you have your coupons on you card on a Celebrity cruise?

I know what he means - the paper vouchers you get in your cabin are for when there are so many Elites on board you can go to any of several bars with your vouchers to get your drinks.

When there are not that many Elites on board, and you have to go to the one designated lounge, you just show your seapass when you walk in, no vouchers.

The last Celebrity cruises we were on were b2b Equinox cruises in April & May (TA + Med). I thought we had the drink vouchers on the seapass card, but I'm not positive, since we have been on a couple Royal Caribbean cruises since then and they definitely have the drink vouchers loaded on the RCI seapass cards.

Someone else can post if the vouchers are on the Celebrity sea-pass card or paper vouchers. I will know next month for the Summit when we are on the ship, that is if we get vouchers versus just the Elite lounge.

The last Celebrity cruises we were on were b2b Equinox cruises in April & May (TA + Med). I thought we had the drink vouchers on the seapass card, but I'm not positive, since we have been on a couple Royal Caribbean cruises since then and they definitely have the drink vouchers loaded on the RCI seapass cards.

Someone else can post if the vouchers are on the Celebrity sea-pass card or paper vouchers. I will know next month for the Summit when we are on the ship, that is if we get vouchers versus just the Elite lounge.

Celebrity... when vouchers Paper

Royal when vouchers Sea Pass

You must be confusing Celebrity with another line. Never had vouchers loaded on a Seapass Card. If there are not that many on board, you will go to a designated lounge.

They use petroleum products to make the ship move which also pollutes the air. I don't think a few less water bottles consumed is going to save the waves or the planet.

Just because some harmful things are used at one level doesn't mean that they can be used infinitely with no greater harmful effect.

And it's hardly just "a few water bottles".

I saw that AQ only had "welcome bottled water" when I checked the benefits yesterday on the Celebrity website. I hoped it was an error, but if not, thought it was probably because the beverage packages are becoming ubiquitous. I feel bad for the people in AQ without beverage packages - it was a nice perk.

Just off the Millennium and only two bottles of water in Aqua Class. The Classic Package only provided very large 1.5 ltr. bottles of water which were difficult to cope with and would not fit in fridge. Also Vanity Packs no longer supplied and of course fresh orange juice long gone.

Brissie

Just because some harmful things are used at one level doesn't mean that they can be used infinitely with no greater harmful effect.

And it's hardly just "a few water bottles".

Water bottles can be recycled air pollution destroys the ozone layer which leads to skin cancer. It's just a matter of picking your poison. Sorry but playing the environment card for not supplying what was promised is just hypocritical. Even Celebrity was smart enough not to play that card.

Just off the Millennium and only two bottles of water in Aqua Class. The Classic Package only provided very large 1.5 ltr. bottles of water which were difficult to cope with and would not fit in fridge. Also Vanity Packs no longer supplied and of course fresh orange juice long gone.

Brissie

This is awful - so now we can't even get small bottles of water if we have drink packages?

Also, what is a "vanity pack"?

... Sorry but playing the environment card for not supplying what was promised is just hypocritical. Even Celebrity was smart enough not to play that card.

Whilst this is not an excuse for not honouring advertised goods, Cruise lines might be starting to look at their food miles. What is the environmental cost of shipping stuff all over the world so you can consume it 50 miles away from another perfectly good supplier?

I remember sitting on a BA flight about an hour away from arriving at LAX, the crew handed out some ice cream which had been made in Los Angeles!! So to provide that ice cream to me it had flown from Los Angeles to London and virtually back to Los Angeles. Why they couldn't use UK sourced Ice Cream is beyond me.

Water bottles can be recycled air pollution destroys the ozone layer which leads to skin cancer. It's just a matter of picking your poison. Sorry but playing the environment card for not supplying what was promised is just hypocritical. Even Celebrity was smart enough not to play that card.

I'm not sure how not supplying drink bottles means an increase in air pollution.

Are you seriously trying to claim that desalinating 500ml of water produces at least the same or more air pollution as the production of those bottles, the extraction and transportation of the water to fill those bottles, and then transportation of them through the manufacturing process to Celebrity supply, and then onboard the ship to the point you consume it?

Oh, and then transport those same empty bottles back to a city which will receive them, then go through the recycling manufacturing process - which has a significant energy cost! - to reconvert them to plastic bottles again?

Edited by The_Big_M