Wine in a Box?

TBone2K

How will the ship staff know if you have two bottles/boxes in your carry on AND another two in your checked luggage?

The company reads this blog, and correlates posts with bookings. Whenever you have a booking, it will automatically be flagged so that your bags will receive extra screening.

The company reads this blog, and correlates posts with bookings. Whenever you have a booking, it will automatically be flagged so that your bags will receive extra screening.

Especially if one registers for the onboard Meet & Mingle so the cruiseline has your booking # and screen name. :D :rolleyes:

LOL, seriously?

Not that I smuggle anything because I just don't drink that much, but I use a separate email address for all cruise, airline, and hotel bookings to keep organized in one place, so I don't see how any company could tie a booking to a posting here or on any other website. :confused:

Not trying to be snotty - BUT just say'n we don't drink boxed wine :rolleyes:

We take 2 bottle - buy 2 bottles before - in cabin when we get there and as D+ we get 2 bottle in room - PLENTY!

That is why my post mentioned "in the past". Since also turning D+ a while ago, we take on maybe one bottle of red for the two of us on a 7 day cruise in case we feel the urge for a glass on the balcony during a sea day. This last couple of times we took it back off the ship again unopened. And totally agree...love having that bottle of bubbly already on ice upon check in! :D

The little two glass size box we would bring on was tossed in a back pack with plastic glasses to enjoy a glass of red on a favorite remote beach we enjoy on Cocoa Cay. Didn't need to drag along a glass bottle out there.

I spent 12 years as a wine rep, but still don't consider my self a wine snob. ;) One of the reasons we like coming back out to California each year is to enjoy touring the wineries without having the trip be a part of my job any longer! :)

"Sea" you on board real soon! Cheers!! :D

Edited by island lady

Thanks! It's always nice to have special attention. ;)

And don't let the TSA find a wine key in your carry on!! :eek: Seriously deadly weapon indeed! :p Can't tell you how many wine keys I lost when I forgot I had one those little things in the bottom of my carry on. :(

Edited by island lady

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the answers. In the end, he decided not to bring the box. Just shared the bottles I brought and purchased a couple of more bottles on board.

Incidentally, although the staff selling the "Drink package" on embarkation day said they don't have it, we still had the option to pre-purchase five bottles of wine for about the price of four in the dining room (and FYI the additional 20% discount applies if you bought a drink package).

• 3 months later...

I'm going to bring Tetra-pak wine with me in a couple weeks. Have done that with Princess and Celebrity with zero issues. If they take it from me oh well, but really if the volume is identical to glass bottles allowed, why should they care. Tetra-pak is much easier and safer in the luggage than glass when flying and I won't have time to find a liquor store this time pre-cruise. Many years ago when it first came out I packed a black box and it made it through, but I'm not about breaking the rules these days by putting alcohol in my luggage. The pre-paid packages take the sting out of the end-of-cruise alcohol budget and not having to run to a bar when you want to sit on the balcony you paid for is priceless.

No, he didn't, she actually died of cancer. He has a very touching thread about burying her ashes at sea.

Oh :( That is very sad. He should probably say "late" wife instead of "last." But sorry to hear that, and sorry I was just poking fun at what appeared to be a wide open invitation :)