Thank you Jetblue

Johnkut

We booked a one way flight on Jetblue in June for a February 7 cruise. Got a very good low fare. We didn't book the return flight because it wasn't available yet. When the return flight did come available, it was too expensive. I watched that return flight for 3 months and the price never came down. So I decided to book my flight on December 12. And wouldn't you know it, the price dropped twice already, down $100. That's $200 for my wife and I. I used Jetblue points to get the return flight and it cost me 34,000 points. The flight now is 18000 points, a difference of 16000 points. Called Jetblue and explained to them, and to my surprise they credited me with 16000 points. Love Jetblue.

And Jetblue wouldnt give me a refund on my flight when my mother-in-law became terminally ill because she was in Home Hospice.

JB's customer service is a joke. I only fly Delta, they refunded me without a peep for same reason.

And Jetblue wouldnt give me a refund on my flight when my mother-in-law became terminally ill because she was in Home Hospice.

JB's customer service is a joke. I only fly Delta, they refunded me without a peep for same reason.

For me, I would not care to fly Delta ever again. A few years ago we flew Delta from Buffalo to New York. One of our bags did not come. After many phone calls we were told the bag was taken off the plane because there was too much weight on board and no one was willing to change to another flight. (don't know if I believe it).When we asked when our bag would arrive they would not even guarantee the bag would arrive the next day.

This was also the first time we were charged for our checked bags and they would not guarantee we would have the bag before our cruise began

For me, I would not care to fly Delta ever again. A few years ago we flew Delta from Buffalo to New York. One of our bags did not come. After many phone calls we were told the bag was taken off the plane because there was too much weight on board and no one was willing to change to another flight. (don't know if I believe it).When we asked when our bag would arrive they would not even guarantee the bag would arrive the next day.

This was also the first time we were charged for our checked bags and they would not guarantee we would have the bag before our cruise began

Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive.

:D that is funny and I believe true. Never happened to me but due to routing and timing I had to book Delta flights for co-workers. Everytime they travelled one passenger's luggage was always delayed.

We booked a one way flight on Jetblue in June for a February 7 cruise. Got a very good low fare. We didn't book the return flight because it wasn't available yet. When the return flight did come available, it was too expensive. I watched that return flight for 3 months and the price never came down. So I decided to book my flight on December 12. And wouldn't you know it, the price dropped twice already, down $100. That's $200 for my wife and I. I used Jetblue points to get the return flight and it cost me 34,000 points. The flight now is 18000 points, a difference of 16000 points. Called Jetblue and explained to them, and to my surprise they credited me with 16000 points. Love Jetblue.

And how are things in central Prince William County?

Never sailed Jet Blue; used to fly with them often. Not since the baggage charge change.

Considering where you live, did you check into return flights on Southwest since they fly out of DCA and BWI?

Think somewhat true. I was flying business class (as a treat to me) from Seattle end May with transfer and the plane from (ORD) was small. Flights were late coming in / going out. Anyway - we finally board and there a 4 guys and a woman running to get on. Then we waited and waited and waited and waited on board. First we hear " a door isn't closing"; then it's due to weight distribution in cargo hold (we we not totally full so no announcement for volunteers). Finally they say we are ready and take of. We arrive in Ottawa, customs etc. That's when I heard one of the 4 men tell an agent they have 4 gun lockers onboard - special handling from plane to terminal required. Get to carosell not only did they have that, they had 4 duggle bags, 4 large cases, and 4 overnight bags come off and they came off first. So even though this flight is not business my bags are still tagged that way -- my two bags were the only passenger bags off the plane. They made an announcement that all bags were off -- I felt bad for all those people waiting for their luggage - so yes a plane is over-loaded. I don't know exactly who the 4 men were - it was obvious military or something and apparently the gun lockers were very heavy - when I saw their luggage and those I could have kissed the pilot for getting me home. That was one very full, heavy cargo load. And yes, I do think having the business class / priority on my bags was the reason they arrived.

Southwest is our favorite airline even after a strange flight at Thanksgiving time. We got a 6:00 am flight to Chicago on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. They had a snow storm so on Friday night we were able to change the flight to 12 noon. Thought we would miss the snow. Well, the flight was still delayed. We finally took off about 1 hour later. We were in the air about 30 minutes when the pilot announced that we had turned back to Baltimore because we were losing fuel (but they said we had enough to get back). Back at BWI and greeted by fire trucks but they did not see anything so back to gate. We had to get off the plane and were told to meet at gate 13 to get on new plane. A few more delays. Then we are taxing on the runway when a fight breaks out in the back of the plane. A large military guy across the aisle from us stops the fight as the stewardess has the pilot stop the plane. Back to the gate, police take off fighters. An hour later we finally leave getting to Chicago at 6:30 pm. Our flight was $41 per person and they refunded each of us $150.

Funny....but we are flying Delta (first time on Delta) to Hawaii...we leave Chicago and fly to Atlanta - then Atlanta to Hawaii so connecting flight....(all Delta)....don't like to hear this about the luggage....makes me nervous. I will sit by the window at Atlanta and watch to see if our luggage makes the connecting flight....:confused:;). We booked it because we only needed one way and we were able to get such a great price. Fingers crossed.

Funny....but we are flying Delta (first time on Delta) to Hawaii...we leave Chicago and fly to Atlanta - then Atlanta to Hawaii so connecting flight....(all Delta)....don't like to hear this about the luggage....makes me nervous. I will sit by the window at Atlanta and watch to see if our luggage makes the connecting flight....:confused:;). We booked it because we only needed one way and we were able to get such a great price. Fingers crossed.

If it makes you feel any better, we flew Delta from STL to Barcelona a couple of months ago. Had connections in Atlanta and JFK. No problems with the luggage.

We've never had a problem with luggage on Delta...and they were quite helpful to us when our original airline went bankrupt in the middle of a trip and we had no way to get home! They accepted our now-defunct ticket and got us (and our luggage) home!

We have flown almost exclusively with Delta in the recent past, and the only time we had issues was thanks to luggage valet. LV didn't have our bags checked in with Delta until 5 minutes prior to the plane pushing back from the gateway. Needless to say it was delivered to our house a few hours after we got home.

Delta has a luggage tracker on their website. We have tracked our luggage and you can see when it is scanned in, to even being placed on the plane. Here is a link. We do a final check when we are in our seats while they are loading the luggage. And prior to the plane door being shut.

https://www.delta.com/bags/baggageTrackStatus.action;cohrBaggageSessID=YEsXiUmYdbMVvnT

Edit: I hope this helps. It is crazy to have to fly from Chicago to Altlanta to go to Hawaii.

Edited by A&L_Ont

That's great!

We love JetBlue, have been loyal customers for years. I used to fly Delta but their customer service went so downhill, also left when they started charging for bags.

Now that JetBlue charges, not much we can do. I refuse to fly SW, it is a big cattledrive & usually overpriced.

Before this thread is removed. LMAO.

When I worked for my money (retired) I flew Delta almost exclusively. I was a Platinum member for years. If you fly enough you will experience every possible thing that goes wrong or right.

In my opinion flying is a necessary evil these days, and mostly not fun.

Now to relate this thread to cruising, cost cutting measures and removal of benefits/amenities are a way of life. I don't like it! So now, when I pick a cruise line to spend my retirement income, it is the cruise line that has not cut the perks I like or cost are out of sight.

Choices are getting fewer and fewer!

On a brighter note, two weeks ago after returning from a cruise we were flying on Southwest out of Baltimore. About 5 hours after arriving at BWI (Southwest cannot checked luggage more than 4 before your flight), I receive a call from Southwest wanting to know if I missed my flight or if something had happened. Apparently, all of our luggage had arrived several hours before we did! I tried to change to the earlier flight, but was unable. As you see my luggage did! That was a first for me!

Doesn't Even Leave The Airport

But in all seriousness I've done millions of miles on dozens of airlines, many that don't exist any more - TWA, NWA, Pan Am, Eastern, Braniff, Peoples Express and most of the current ones. I've had at least one bad experience on all of them, among hundreds of good ones. I think American was the last airline to give me a bad experience. I can't help find it laughable people say they will never fly X again because of a bag not arriving.

I do miss the olden, golden days of flying (70's through 9/1/01

Edited by BillOh

That's great!

We love JetBlue, have been loyal customers for years. I used to fly Delta but their customer service went so downhill, also left when they started charging for bags.

Now that JetBlue charges, not much we can do. I refuse to fly SW, it is a big cattledrive & usually overpriced.

I mentioned People's Express in another post. I used to fly that to Boston quite a bit. Now that was a cattle car, but I didn't mind the airline as much as the people that used it. PE attracted the people who would have normally went Greyhound. (That is sure to insult someone) I remember PE used to charge $3 per bag and that was enough to get all the cheapskates to consider their 100 pound suitcase a carry on. As a result the overhead bin was coveted. Everytime they would announce boarding they would say "Passengers with boarding passes numbers 1 through 20 can now board" Everything 50 people would storm the gate. But on the bright side that airline had me in Boston by 8am. I would get a whole workday done and be back by 6pm.

Wish, United was this customer friendly. Lost 85k miles because due to my ignorance of the 18 non activity rule. Pleaded to no avail, even though I had a flight booked in March for a Feb. '16 flight. Plus, had a hotel stay miles credit posted a few weeks after the miles elapsed. Well, I promised myself that I would avoid, where possible, any United flights and cancel my wife's United Explorer credit card and apply for a different Chase travel card. My loss is going to be their loss.