Drinks Package price increase

I know i have posted this in another thread, but I think it is worth a thread of its own.

Just noticed the premium package has now gone up to $57.82 per day. an increase of $0.82 per day.

Not sure what increase was on the other 2 packages as I was only looking at the premium.

New prices:

Select $46.02

Premium $57.82

Ultimate $69.62

I know it's not much, but every little helps:D

I know i have posted this in another thread, but I think it is worth a thread of its own.

Just noticed the premium package has now gone up to $57.82 per day. an increase of $0.82 per day.

Not sure what increase was on the other 2 packages as I was only looking at the premium.

New prices:

Select $46.02

Premium $57.82

Ultimate $69.62

I know it's not much, but every little helps:D

Where did you see these prices? Also, could the increase possibly be due to exchange rate changes?

Where did you see these prices? Also, could the increase possibly be due to exchange rate changes?

I get the same prices if I go through my cruise planner via the US or UK websites.

I had them in my basket from earlier this week, when I logged into my Cruies planner today, it told me there was a price change for the items in my basket.

If someone from US can check their prices, that would be great.

I just went into the reservation for our up-coming cruise:

Ultimate Drink Pkg. $69.62 per day

Select Drink Pkg $46.02 per day

Replenish $22.42 per day

Premium Drink Pkg $57.82

Refreshment Pkg $9.44

These are the prices that I am being quoted to add these packages to our reservation.

IMO this is another one of those RCI IT "improvements" ...

I think the change is "in process" ...

Looking at my 2016 cruise for Premium the "terms and conditions" state that the price quoted DOES NOT include the 18% gratuity ... the stated price is the $57.82 quoted earlier in this thread. But when moved to the cart it changes to $49 plus 18% gratuity.

For my 2017 cruise though the T&C's state that gratuity is include in the quoted price of $57 and when you move to the cart it shows $57 plus no gratuity.

My guess is when they finish up the price is going to be $57.28 plus 18% gratuity or about $68.23 ... purely speculation but that's what's happening IMO :)

IMO this is another one of those RCI IT "improvements" ...

I think the change is "in process" ...

Looking at my 2016 cruise for Premium the "terms and conditions" state that the price quoted DOES NOT include the 18% gratuity ... the stated price is the $57.82 quoted earlier in this thread. But when moved to the cart it changes to $49 plus 18% gratuity.

For my 2017 cruise though the T&C's state that gratuity is include in the quoted price of $57 and when you move to the cart it shows $57 plus no gratuity.

My guess is when they finish up the price is going to be $57.28 plus 18% gratuity or about $68.23 ... purely speculation but that's what's happening IMO :)

I have taken the plunge and bought my Premium packages today just in case they change it again.

Cost me another $10:(:(

Replenish $22.42 per day

Premium Drink Pkg $57.82

Refreshment Pkg $9.44

These are the prices that I am being quoted to add these packages to our reservation.

And in CAD the prices are

Ultimate Drink Pkg. $92.59 per day

Select Drink Pkg $61.21 per day

Replenish $29.82 per day

Premium Drink Pkg $76.90

Refreshment Pkg $12.56 (it was $11)

The other thing to note is there is no longer a price differential between adults and kids for the Refresh package which used to be called the soda package. It is now one price for all age groups.

I didn't catch that, thanks for pointing it out. That can be significant for a large family.

I think these were the prices on my NYE Independence cruise since I think they had gone up from what I had thought they would cost, but not 100% certain. I had the Ultimate and my dh had the Premium and I would purchase again.

I do love that not all have to purchase in the cabin as NCL and CCL make you do when on their lines. That is a plus.

Up Up and away......

If RCI was to bring in a BOGO or a drink card or a daily drink package I wouldn't mind a slight increase..

$1000 now for a cpl to drink on a week long cruise...

that's the only WOW I get from RCI these days...

Replenish $22.42 per day

Premium Drink Pkg $57.82

Refreshment Pkg $9.44

These are the same prices we are seeing for our Oasis cruise too. Also, no difference in price for child's package vs adult package. I think we paid $20/day for the replenish package this past fall, so definitely an increase. Might just pay for packages at final payment and just get it over with. My DH enjoyed the replenish and got way more than his money's worth. With only 3 ports on our upcoming cruise, it is worth it for me too this time.

Just in case, I went to our reservations page and purchased the Soda package for both our kids. Since our cruise is booked in CAD funds, I got a total of $53.90 CAD per kid, so that is $7.70 each per day. So for our 7 day Anthem March break 2017 cruise, the kids still had a discounted rate compared to the adult rate... as of half an hour ago.

The soda package for adults comes to $11.20 CAD per day

The Ultimate package says $89.11 CAD but once it is in the cart, you get an amount of $656.60 CAD and that equals to $93.80 per day

dp

Edited by dpostman

Because of this thread, I went ahead and booked the drink package for my wife and I at $57 and the soda package for my kids. I was able to get it for $5.50. I was expecting a confirmation email, but didn't get one. I see my credit card was charged. What "proof" do I have that I bought it at this price in case they try to change it on me?

We've never purchased the premium packages but HAVE purchased the soda package each trip. Just yesterday I was checking prices and the soda package was $8. Now $9.42? That an 18% increase!!! I think the kids soda package was $5.50 so that's now a 71% hike!!!

Not happy. I'm getting tired of these substantial increases. Looking to cruise on another cruise line next, partly due to this. The out of pocket drink prices skyrocketed this past spring, specialty dining has gone up a lot the past couple of years, and now the drink packages! Way beyond inflationary rates.

Dan

We've never purchased the premium packages but HAVE purchased the soda package each trip. Just yesterday I was checking prices and the soda package was $8. Now $9.42? That an 18% increase!!! I think the kids soda package was $5.50 so that's now a 71% hike!!!

Not happy. I'm getting tired of these substantial increases. Looking to cruise on another cruise line next, partly due to this. The out of pocket drink prices skyrocketed this past spring, specialty dining has gone up a lot the past couple of years, and now the drink packages! Way beyond inflationary rates.

Dan

Thank you for doing the math, Dan. If the price increase IS 18%, then they stopped having the $8 be inclusive of gratuities. They added them. It's a sneaky and underhanded price increase, IMO, which is totally unjustified by the cost of providing the product.

JMO

YMMV

(for the record, I don't drink soda on land or sea and I don't buy the soda package. I am just an observer in this situation)

:)

I've never bought a drink package, but you don't suppose people sharing a single drink package has anything to do with the increases do you? It's a common practice that is obvious to RCI, so they will eventually make up for it somehow.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Because of this thread, I went ahead and booked the drink package for my wife and I at $57 and the soda package for my kids. I was able to get it for $5.50. I was expecting a confirmation email, but didn't get one. I see my credit card was charged. What "proof" do I have that I bought it at this price in case they try to change it on me?

divide the credit card charge by the number of days. That will give you the cost per day.