Drinks Package price increase

I've never bought a drink package, but you don't suppose people sharing a single drink package has anything to do with the increases do you? It's a common practice that is obvious to RCI, so they will eventually make up for it somehow.

Could be or the smugglers

divide the credit card charge by the number of days. That will give you the cost per day.

I realize that. I am just looking for some sort of confirmation that shows that we purchased the drink package. I was hoping for an email receipt or something. I was able to go to my order history and grabbed a screenshot of that, so that is probably the best I can do. I guess I probably shouldn't be concerned, but the concern is that we get on board and they try to say that we didn't pay enough and charge me more or tell me that tips weren't included. I would just feel better if I had a good confirmation to print out of what I purchased.

Do people think that prices are going to stay the same forever and ever?

Well of course not, it would be ridiculous to think so, and I don't think anyone on this thread is that delusional.:confused:

That being said, If the info on this thread pans out, and they do eventually eliminate the kids discount on the soda package, then thanks to this thread, I just saved $49 CAD bucks by purchasing the packages for the kids today. If there are any changes that would be more in my favor, I can simply cancel them before we leave and they will credit back my CC.

As far as I am concerned, the entire purpose of this site is to pass along information and finding ways to get a better deal.

dp

I realize that. I am just looking for some sort of confirmation that shows that we purchased the drink package. I was hoping for an email receipt or something. I was able to go to my order history and grabbed a screenshot of that, so that is probably the best I can do. I guess I probably shouldn't be concerned, but the concern is that we get on board and they try to say that we didn't pay enough and charge me more or tell me that tips weren't included. I would just feel better if I had a good confirmation to print out of what I purchased.

I bought 2 soda packages today for the kids, and received email confirmations for both packages within seconds of hitting the "SUBMIT" button.

The email might be in your junk mail folder... maybe

dp

If you call the RCI phone number the automation gives you the opportunity to have a reservation invoice sent to the e-mail address on file for the reservation. You don't even have to talk to anyone. You could try that and see if there is any mention of your purchase on the invoice. I ordered one after I changed our dining time from fixed to MTD and that change did show upon the new reservation invoice. I called and ordered the invoice about two minutes after I talked with a rep to make the change.

I bought 2 soda packages today for the kids, and received email confirmations for both packages within seconds of hitting the "SUBMIT" button.

The email might be in your junk mail folder... maybe

dp

thanks. I didn't get it and checked junk mail as well. Come to think of it, I didn't get them when I made (free) dining reservations as well. I know my email account is right, because I got an email every time I made a payment throughout the months. We are now paid in full.

If you call the RCI phone number the automation gives you the opportunity to have a reservation invoice sent to the e-mail address on file for the reservation. You don't even have to talk to anyone. You could try that and see if there is any mention of your purchase on the invoice. I ordered one after I changed our dining time from fixed to MTD and that change did show upon the new reservation invoice. I called and ordered the invoice about two minutes after I talked with a rep to make the change.

Thanks. I will try that.

That worked like a charm. Now at least I have something. It shows

ALCOHOL PKG - $399 for the adults

SODA ROY - $38.50 for the kids.

My February cruise has the drink package at $57.82, but my October cruise is still showing it at $57. Not sure that I want to go ahead and pay for that one already. If it goes up a little I will just have to pay it, I don't want to tie up that money right now.

So...

I added a Soda package into my cart. Total came to $56 plus a $10.08 service charge. So that would be $8 per day not including the service fee, but if you divide the total cost including the service fee by 7, it comes out to exactly $9.44 per day.

Also added 2 Premium Packages. Total came to $343 each - that's $49 a day. BUT: There was a service fee of $61.74 on each. That puts the total at $404.74 total. Divide that by 7, you get exactly $57.82.

What exactly is the service charge? Is that gratuity?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Well of course not, it would be ridiculous to think so, and I don't think anyone on this thread is that delusional.:confused:

That being said, If the info on this thread pans out, and they do eventually eliminate the kids discount on the soda package, then thanks to this thread, I just saved $49 CAD bucks by purchasing the packages for the kids today. If there are any changes that would be more in my favor, I can simply cancel them before we leave and they will credit back my CC.

As far as I am concerned, the entire purpose of this site is to pass along information and finding ways to get a better deal.

dp

There was no discount on the kids soda package on the Oasis at Christmas. I think that it was $10.50 pp regardless of age purchased on board. I thought that it was just because of it being a Holiday sailing but apparently not.

Yes, currently 18%.

So does that mean my packages are still being priced at $49/day, plus gratuities?

So the gratuities explain the price increase? Because it comes out to exactly $57.82/day when they're included. I'm tempted to book now, but usually we like to wait until we're onboard.

So does that mean my packages are still being priced at $49/day, plus gratuities?

So the gratuities explain the price increase? Because it comes out to exactly $57.82/day when they're included. I'm tempted to book now, but usually we like to wait until we're onboard.

It looks like Royal keeps switching back and forth from gratuities included to gratuities added. This seems to be their sneaky way to raise prices.

Up Up and away......

If RCI was to bring in a BOGO or a drink card or a daily drink package I wouldn't mind a slight increase..

$1000 now for a cpl to drink on a week long cruise...

that's the only WOW I get from RCI these days...

The "All Inclusive" offer on in the UK Including free drinks looks a bargain now!

Both our cruises booked this year include free drinks (and the Freedom includes free Gratuities too!). Harmony only cost about £990 each, including a week long of drinking!

*Hic*

The packages are showing up same price as a couple months ago on my cruise planner? Also the Beverage Packages flyer under Dining on the website still has the same prices. Still showing Replenish $22/day, Select $42, Premium $57, and child's refreshment $5.50 and it states gratuities are included.

Edited by jtdlmc

The "All Inclusive" offer on in the UK Including free drinks looks a bargain now!

Both our cruises booked this year include free drinks (and the Freedom includes free Gratuities too!). Harmony only cost about £990 each, including a week long of drinking!

*Hic*

We got this offer when booking serenade cruise recently. It's a huge saving. Free select drinks package and free gratuities. (The cruise itself was what we would describe as good value even before taking into consideration the offers.)

Since then theyve introduced the "buy one get one half price offer." HOWEVER, theyve been a bit cheeky with that as theyve increased the base price of the rooms so overall it works out more expensive than what we paid!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I am going to wait and book onboard. If it is true and our friend confirmed it on Adventure, if they give us a 40% discount for being D+, then even with the price increase it is still a great deal. So I cancelled our pkgs on Indy and will see if they give us the discount when we go next month.

I am going to wait and book onboard. If it is true and our friend confirmed it on Adventure, if they give us a 40% discount for being D+, then even with the price increase it is still a great deal. So I cancelled our pkgs on Indy and will see if they give us the discount when we go next month.

Just a caution: Not every ship is offering the C&A package discounts. And they may not remain.

RC seems to be experimenting with discounts, cards and shorter package offers, trying to come up with that perfect brew of profitability. ;)

Just a caution: Not every ship is offering the C&A package discounts. And they may not remain.

RC seems to be experimenting with discounts, cards and shorter package offers, trying to come up with that perfect brew of profitability. ;)

Do you know if the discount towards the drink package is available on Oasis, and if so what is the % for D+ & D members.

Also, know that you have all of the answers....Q? We will be a party of 9 (3 children included) can we use the 2 bogo specialty restaurant coupon on the same night or must it be separate. Otherwise, we'll make 2 separate reserves for the restaurant and dividing the group.