Elite Breakfast Question ?

esquire20

Hi Folks, I will be sailing on the Silhouette TA on 4/10/16 and will be Elite for the first time this cruise, is the Elite breakfast just pastries and coffee? Or do they also serve hot Items ? Thanks in advance. Leslie

No hot items last time I had Elite Breakfast a year ago. Just cold buffet items (smoked salmon, cold cuts, cheeses, fruit, yogurt) in addition to pastries and bread items, either pre-plated or buffet style.

I'm on the same TA as you, and also in NJ. :cool: We have a pretty active Roll Call with activities planned. Come join us if you haven't already! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2153250&page=54

Edited by ThursdaysChild

Hi Folks, I will be sailing on the Silhouette TA on 4/10/16 and will be Elite for the first time this cruise, is the Elite breakfast just pastries and coffee? Or do they also serve hot Items ? Thanks in advance. Leslie

They also serve very nice coffee and Bellinis!

On our cruise last week on Reflection, the Elite breakfast was ordered from a menu. There were not many items. Among those were fruit plates, cheese and fruit plates, etc. There was no buffet due to the carpeting.

Get her there safe, we jump on in Amsterdam May 14th! :D

Be aware that most Elite breakfasts are almost impossible to get into on a transatlantic, due to the number of Elites and upwards on board, unless you are there when doors open.

I haven't been able to get in without a very long wait on the last 3 TA's, despite them opening up QSine etc to cope with the extra capacity requirement.

Be aware that most Elite breakfasts are almost impossible to get into on a transatlantic, due to the number of Elites and upwards on board, unless you are there when doors open.

I haven't been able to get in without a very long wait on the last 3 TA's, despite them opening up QSine etc to cope with the extra capacity requirement.

We are doing our first transatlantic on Equinox in April, I love the breakfast and a glass of bubbly, on our seven cruises as Elite members the breakfast were very quiet and relaxing I hope it's not too busy!

On Equinox in Nov the Elite breakfast was very disappointing.

They had the menu only, which for someone who has food allergies, is a waste food.

In the past I greatly enjoyed choosing my choice of meats and cheeses. The deli that they used in the Elite breakfast was comparable to low end bologna. The cold cuts in the Oceanview Cafe were much higher quality. Not sure why they send the low end stuff to the Elite breakfast.

Service was very slow the first visit and non-existent the second visit. Needless to say, I only went twice on a 10 night cruise. I used to count that breakfast as one of my favorite times of the day, I looked forward to it.

I complained about the meat to the hostess and her reply was "We can only serve what they send us".

We had elite breakfast in the MDR on the Connie TA in November

On Connie TA in Apr 2014 they had elite breakfast in Ocean Liners for Elites, and up in the Tuscan Grill for Elite +. It was nice as they had a toaster for your bread or bagel.

On Connie TA in Apr 2014 they had elite breakfast in Ocean Liners for Elites, and up in the Tuscan Grill for Elite +. It was nice as they had a toaster for your bread or bagel.

I do hope that they are learning then, and open up the MDR for the Elite breakfast on my forthcoming TA.

I definitely agree with the comments about the quality of meats though. It has definitely gone downhill, and I found myself getting a much better breakfast at the Oceanview Cafe.

The venue for the Elite breakfast depends on the number on board. On a recent Med cruise we were in Ocean Liners. Most TAs will have upward of 800 Elites and it will be almost always held in the MDR. Last your the TA in April had breakfast in the MDR. All depends.

I do hope that they are learning then, and open up the MDR for the Elite breakfast on my forthcoming TA.

I definitely agree with the comments about the quality of meats though. It has definitely gone downhill, and I found myself getting a much better breakfast at the Oceanview Cafe.

Gosh, on the constellation we had heaps of prosciutto every morning to the point that I wondered how they could possibly afford it. That is one expensive meat and we were thrilled with it!

They do serve a breakfast that is specifically designed for the Brits in the OV Cafe. I personally did love the prosciutto along with bagels with cream cheese and lox and a smoothie or a mimosa but it then costs an hour of walking the deck or a treadmill!

DW loves berries. On Eclipse where fruit is layed out buffet style she just takes what she likes, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. On Reflection with the menu she had to order the fruit plate which contained exactly two of each type of berry plus an assortment of melons she didn't want. Big waste of food. Would have had to order a dozen plates to get a decent serving.

On our last TA we had no problem getting a table for Elite breakfast. Not even once. We had more of a wait at Blu for our breakfast table. I suspect it's a hit or miss thing.

I definitely prefer the excellent buffet breakfasts in Oceanview over the Captain Club Elite breakfast.

The Elite breakfast just took too long for the waiters to take your order, bring coffee or cappuccino, and bring your order of cold cuts, pastry, etc. No hot food at all.

Yes, it is quieter in the Elite area but the food choices are so much better in Oceanview.

Despite being Elite+ I have rarely used the Elite breakfast. In the past when the Elite breakfasts were buffets my husband would drop by for a latte and read for a few minutes while waiting for me to shower and dress. But now that the breakfasts are seated affairs and with the introduction of lattes as an Elite+ perk he just drops by the Cafe al Bacio instead.

I definitely prefer the excellent buffet breakfasts in Oceanview over the Captain Club Elite breakfast.

The Elite breakfast just took too long for the waiters to take your order, bring coffee or cappuccino, and bring your order of cold cuts, pastry, etc. No hot food at all.

Yes, it is quieter in the Elite area but the food choices are so much better in Oceanview.

We liked the Elite breakfast more when it used to be buffet style and you could help yourself to whatever you wanted.

There is much more waste now that you need to order entire platters, even if you want only a couple of the items from each platter.

But considering all the food that is wasted each day on a cruise ship, I guess the waste from the Elite breakfast platters is relatively insignificant.

We still go, mainly for the attractive, quiet ambiance where you walk right in and sit down, avoiding the hustle and bustle of the crowded dining room or oceanview buffet.

Also, the Elite breakfast is usually available for about an hour after breakfast service shuts down in the other sit-down restaurants.

Someone mentioned it being crowded, but by the time we sleepyheads show up, any crowd that may have been there earlier is long gone, so we never find the Elite breakfast crowded.

The two excuses we heard given for changing it from "help yourself" style were that they are not allowed to serve food buffet style on carpet and that sneeze guards are required.

But they could unroll a piece of linoleum to put down on the floor for a few hours and provide some sneeze guards for that small area, if they really wanted to keep the "help yourself" arrangement.

Elite breakfast times must vary as on Millenium last month it finished at 9am whether in port or not. We did find this rather early and they turned away anyone coming at 9. One morning we sat down at 8.30, got our order at 8.45, tried to order a second latte at 9 and the waiter said 'sorry we've shut down the coffee machine ' !

Gosh, on the constellation we had heaps of prosciutto every morning to the point that I wondered how they could possibly afford it. That is one expensive meat and we were thrilled with it!

Connie had prosciutto????? Equinox gets sub-par bologna????? Oh the humanity!:eek:

It really is a sad thing in my opinion, and I'm not a big complainer.

To offer breakfast in such a beautiful venue and not have adequate service, lousy meat and no choices of food.

Well, that to me is just sad. My definition of cruise hell.

"Welcome to the Elite Breakfast! The ambiance is wonderful but you won't want to ever come back.:rolleyes:"

Our last cruise was one year ago and up to date we have been lucky to enjoy the elite buffet.

I don't look forward to the plate idea. I like to choose what I am going to eat and don't think the new format will work for us.

Do you think they are trying to disuade us from eating there?

Very sad but I fear your last paragraph may be true. We also used to enjoyed our elite breakfasts until our last long cruise about a year ago, where we were served plated options on our first morning on board. Not very appetising at all. The food seemed stale, possibly had been plated too long that morning. We very soon left and went up to have breakfast in the buffet restaurant instead.

So much for Celebrity's 'Modern luxury'. What a very strange way to treat loyal elite + customers.