Leaving Stuff Poolside

lkloza

I will be on the liberty next March, and I was wondering how safe it is to leave your belongings at the lounge chairs while you swim, etc. I like to take stuff with me (phone, headphones, mini speaker, SeaPass card, cover up) all in a backpack/ bag of course.

I guess my main concern would be while getting on the waterslides because my things won't be in eye's view. I don't want to get off to realize that my backpack is gone.

I will be on the liberty next March, and I was wondering how safe it is to leave your belongings at the lounge chairs while you swim, etc. I like to take stuff with me (phone, headphones, mini speaker, SeaPass card, cover up) all in a backpack/ bag of course.

I guess my main concern would be while getting on the waterslides because my things won't be in eye's view. I don't want to get off to realize that my backpack is gone.

I would assume it would be no more or less safe than any other public pool setting. There are so many people on a cruise ship that it is like a small town in many respects and while there are plenty of trustworthy people there I would expect there are a few not so trustworthy people as well.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If I were not able to keep an eye on my belongings, or have a friend watch them, then I would not be taking phone, headphones, etc. If I'm using the pool, in view of my lounge chair, no problem. If I'm on a water slide, I'd leave the accessories in the stateroom.

I would never take anything valuable to the pool/solarium if I know it might be unattended even for a few minutes. While I think most people on a ship would not take anything, it's still a large group of people and you never know.

If I am with my husband then we may take a kindle or phone but only because one of us will stay if the other leaves to swim, etc. Otherwise, I only take my sea pass, a cover up, sunscreen and flip flops!:D

Sherri:)

I always think it is comical to watch some ladies walking around on the decks with their big

over sized purses. ;)

THIS.

We have 2 types of pool visits, well 2-1/2 types.

1) Lounging and napping - we take tablets to read, headphones to listen to tunes, etc. All fit in our 10L dry bag. Seriously, everyone should own a small one and large one.

2) Swimming and playing - we take towels & sea passes. My swim shorts all have pockets, so I get the passes.

2.5) The same as 1, but I get bored, leave all the stuff with my wife and go jump in the pool or hot tub.

Edited by poncho1973

I have to be honest I always leave mine in Hotels, Wet and Wild, Disney etc., phone, tablets, just cover them with a towel, as there are many people about I don't think someone would go to a bed and look under your towel and take them if you are only away a short time. I obviously don't leave, large amounts of money, jewellery etc.

There have also been times were people on nearby beds have asked us to watch their stuff while they swim in the sea etc. maybe I'm more trusting than others :D

THIS.

We have 2 types of pool visits, well 2-1/2 types.

1) Lounging and napping - we take tablets to read, headphones to listen to tunes, etc. All fit in our 10L dry bag. Seriously, everyone should own a small one and large one.

2) Swimming and playing - we take towels & sea passes. My swim shorts all have pockets, so I get the passes.

2.5) The same as 1, but I get bored, leave all the stuff with my wife and go jump in the pool or hot tub.

No..no...I am talking about actual PURSES. Not beach totes, not dry bags, real purses. Since I am assuming

you don't carry one....perhaps you are unsure what a real purse looks like? ;)

I don't even take my normal purse on the ship at all. Most of my stuff goes in the carry on and I take a very small purse that I can easily bring out set sail pass, passports, cash. That is what I take ashore as a "cross body bag" about the size of one of those "belly bags".

On deck just walking around in regular clothes (not beach attire with "stuff" for the pool) but just regular clothes, is where I find it odd that the ladies are carrying their purse like they are shopping at the mall. But then again, to each their own. My mother always toted her big purse around every where she went.

Edited by island lady

Good question. Even if you leave your valuables in your stateroom, you still need your sea pass (and is there a room key or is that attached to the sea pass). At the very least, what do you do with your sea pass ? You don't want someone swiping it and then helping themselves to drinks, shopping, etc.

I wouldn't worry about losing the sea pass . It does not have your room number on it and it if it is lost or stolen it can be replaced pretty easily.

We recently purchased some sort of super nylon fabric zipper pouch that has a steel cord attached to it. The cord wraps around a chair and through the combination lock on the bag. It is about the size of an iPad mini and maybe just an thick. There was a smaller version and a larger version also. We bought it originally to take to the beach but have found it to be really a wonderful accessory for the pool area. It is made by Vaultz and was less than $20. We picked ours up at Ron Jon's in cocoa Beach but I'm sure you could find one anywhere

Yes I know someone could actually cut the steel cable with some type of appliance but what are the odds that someone has that around the pool. Also they have to be carrying away your entire chair or cut the chair to steal your items.

Wish I knew how to add a link or even a picture.

M

Good question. Even if you leave your valuables in your stateroom, you still need your sea pass (and is there a room key or is that attached to the sea pass). At the very least, what do you do with your sea pass ? You don't want someone swiping it and then helping themselves to drinks, shopping, etc.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, with the price of things onboard, you could easily do a fair bit of a damage quickly, buying a round of drinks or whatever!

I leave only what I am willing to lose at my chair (inexpensive flip flops, cover-up, paperback book). On the occasions that I have taken my iPad to the pool, I made a special trip to return it to the cabin before getting into the pool. That said, I have never had my possessions touched in any way and do not worry about that happening.

Edited to add: my Sea Pass is tucked into my bathing suit.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

Curious also! I have a bag that I bought that actually can attach to a chair with a chain and lock, more for port beaches but I think it could work for the pool area also!

I've never heard of that type of bag...where can it be purchased and how much was it? I might be interested in getting one.

No..no...I am talking about actual PURSES. Not beach totes, not dry bags, real purses. Since I am assuming

you don't carry one....perhaps you are unsure what a real purse looks like? ;)

I don't even take my normal purse on the ship at all. Most of my stuff goes in the carry on and I take a very small purse that I can easily bring out set sail pass, passports, cash. That is what I take ashore as a "cross body bag" about the size of one of those "belly bags".

On deck just walking around in regular clothes (not beach attire with "stuff" for the pool) but just regular clothes, is where I find it odd that the ladies are carrying their purse like they are shopping at the mall. But then again, to each their own. My mother always toted her big purse around every where she went.

It's not called a mom bag for nothing

They should invent something with a near field RFID chip that you could attach to your wrist. It could be used as a sea pass. ;)

The only things I leave unattended are books, crosswordpuzzles,etc. I'd never leave my ipod,headphones and other valuables unattended, even if I just go to the bathroom for a second. But then again, we have tons of'pickpockets here, so I am always careful :)

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I've never heard of that type of bag...where can it be purchased and how much was it? I might be interested in getting one.

I found it one day by accident on something else I was looking at... They are Kyss Bags use that name plus .com and you'll find the page for it. I have one for this upcoming cruise in April and although mine might be a little large for the pool deck (bought for the beaches for 3 of us), it still will work and they have smaller sizes also :-) They run about $45.00

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, with the price of things onboard, you could easily do a fair bit of a damage quickly, buying a round of drinks or whatever!

Doesn't your photo come up when the SeaPass is scanned?? So they will know if it's you using your card or not.