Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

You need to make a fuss, that is not acceptable.

I know, it's really sad. I told the supervisor who tried to make it right by giving us a free chops dinner and some wine (that I don't drink lol) , but things just got worse after that when the stateroom attendant keeps sucking his teeth and giving me dirty looks every time I see him in the hall. The supervisor made me think I was making things up when he defended the guy by saying he's his best worker ever and no one ever has complained about him 🙄 AND our room still wasn't cleaned for 2 days after complaining.

So today I talked to guest services again and they sent a senior supervisor to talk to me, which she seems like she is taking this seriously, so far anyway. But the stateroom attendant still gives me dirty looks in the hallway, which is a bit intimidating and scary.

I never thought of that, however, I did email the president or whatever he is, Michael Bayley or something like that.

Emailed the president?? Wowsers... I understand that you are in a less than ideal situation. However, I can assure you that the president of a multi billion dollar corporation has far more important things to do than yield the customer complaints. This is what the chain of command is for. Did you ever approach the stateroom attendant before going above their head? IF so and nothing changed, at that point is when you would address the supervisor and so on working your way up. I'm not quite sure the reasoning on emailing the head honcho of a company before first having your issue attempted to be resolved on the ship. Are you sure you are upset about the other situations on this ship and now are looking for a scape goat for your rath? The attendant will probably be fired. Is that going to make you feel better?

Edited by Powersboyee2

Emailed the president?? Wowsers... I understand that you are in a less than ideal situation. However, I can assure you that the president of a multi billion dollar corporation has far more important things to do than yield the customer complaints. This is what the chain of command is for.

I doubt that he gets all his e-mails directly - more likely he has a secretary or other assistant whose acts as a gatekeeper and filters all his incoming correspondence for him.

But I think that sometimes you have to go straight to the top to get a problem addressed...

Well if the reason to return to port is to beat a weather system there is no reason to make anyone disembark early.

If the reason is norovirus, then yes, people will have to disembark for a deep cleaning.

But since Royal has said it is weather related, people should be allowed to stay and not have to incur change fees on travel arrangements.

I would much rather have my money back and travel arrangement reimbursement than sitting on a ship in a cold weather city. I love being on a cruise ship but where it is warm. RCCL is doing the right thing here!

We are saddened by returning however are having a great time. The captain is only turning around for weather. He showed it on our tv last night the storm that is brewing. Has nothing to do with virus. That is a rumor. We are serving ourselves at windjammer. Staff is awesome and will come back. 3 days at sea. Yeah. Already received my credit. And just like the end to a cruise people must leave the ship. No big deal. We are sick of hearing the negativity on board. And are trying to spread positive thoughts.

Emailed the president?? Wowsers... I understand that you are in a less than ideal situation. However, I can assure you that the president of a multi billion dollar corporation has far more important things to do than yield the customer complaints. This is what the chain of command is for. Did you ever approach the stateroom attendant before going above their head? IF so and nothing changed, at that point is when you would address the supervisor and so on working your way up. I'm not quite sure the reasoning on emailing the head honcho of a company before first having your issue attempted to be resolved on the ship. Are you sure you are upset about the other situations on this ship and now are looking for a scape goat for your rath? The attendant will probably be fired. Is that going to make you feel better?

Lol, whatever. You'd do the same thing if your sheets weren't cleaned for 4 days. I can email whoever I want. I don't need YOUR permission. So thanks but no thanks.

We are saddened by returning however are having a great time. The captain is only turning around for weather. He showed it on our tv last night the storm that is brewing. Has nothing to do with virus. That is a rumor. We are serving ourselves at windjammer. Staff is awesome and will come back. 3 days at sea. Yeah. Already received my credit. And just like the end to a cruise people must leave the ship. No big deal. We are sick of hearing the negativity on board. And are trying to spread positive thoughts.

Believe me, I feel the same as you. I actually LOVE this ship and had nothing bad to say about it, but then we get the worst stateroom attendant ever and now this happens. I'm still happy to be here and I'm going to enjoy my last couple of days here. Enjoy the rest of your cruise, as long as my room is cleaned I know I will enjoy it.

Believe me, I feel the same as you. I actually LOVE this ship and had nothing bad to say about it, but then we get the worst stateroom attendant ever and now this happens. I'm still happy to be here and I'm going to enjoy my last couple of days here. Enjoy the rest of your cruise, as long as my room is cleaned I know I will enjoy it.

I am SO happy to hear you say this!!! I keep reading so many complaints, it's been worrying me for our May cruise. I LOVE that you LOVE the ship!

All the food complaints make me nervous. Since you're happy, I'm hoping that you found the food to be ok? (fingers crossed for another positive response!) Thanks so much for taking the time to run this thread.

So today I talked to guest services again and they sent a senior supervisor to talk to me, which she seems like she is taking this seriously, so far anyway. But the stateroom attendant still gives me dirty looks in the hallway, which is a bit intimidating and scary.

This would get me a little antsy and nervous too. I personally wouldn't want this same steward entering my stateroom at all if he was giving me dirty looks.

You have very right to be scared.

Try to Enjoy the next couple of days and have a blast in NY.

Lol, whatever. You'd do the same thing if your sheets weren't cleaned for 4 days. I can email whoever I want. I don't need YOUR permission. So thanks but no thanks.

FYI, sheets are not changed daily on a ship...If you ask, then probably yes but they get changed once, usually, during a cruise...perhaps twice on longer voyages.

Thank you PirateDoc! I have just added you to my list of people that I want on board when I cruise! :)

Hey everyone. Sorry for the awful spelling mistakes and not making sense.

I forgot to also mention that this ship is FREEZING everywhere. I just asked a nurse about this and she confirmed that it is colder on the ship because that can help control the norovirus outbreak.

Worst Royal Cruise yet. I only had my stateroom cleaned 3 times in 7 days. Nice.

Are you saying you didn't get fresh towels everyday? How about making the bed? How about vacuuming the carpets or wiping the sink & counter down?

I usually fix the covers on the bed when I get out of it, even on vacation. We keep the bathroom neat. There is usually no need to vacuum everyday. So I can deal with that.

But I will need fresh towels, especially when showering sometimes twice a day while on a cruise. I don't mind reusing my towel once but I don't want to reuse the same towel for days.

If there is an outbreak of Norovirus on the ship maybe some of the cabin attendants are ill making them short staffed.

Edited by starfish216

I wonder if royal will pull out of Bayonne during the winter months? Carnival made the decision to stop sailing out of New York, November through May. I imagine it's easier to sail from a weather friendly port.

All comes down to profit. As long as they can continue to get the premium prices, they will stay.

I wonder if royal will pull out of Bayonne during the winter months? Carnival made the decision to stop sailing out of New York, November through May. I imagine it's easier to sail from a weather friendly port.

Carnival still sails out of Baltimore in the winter though...and would still be affected by the weather coming up the coast.

Edited by msmayor

The captain is only turning around for weather. He showed it on our tv last night the storm that is brewing. Has nothing to do with virus.

And just like the end to a cruise people must leave the ship.

Well, then it's the virus :rolleyes: Otherwise they'd let people stay until the original debark date and not have to incur any change fees for travel arrangements. Not everyone drove to get to the ship...

Can't think of any other legitimatereason for them to force people to debark.

I certainly do not expect my sheets to be changed every day, and it is not done on a ship. I do expect clean towels, and garbage empty. Now I am curious as to what you mean by not cleaned is the made made, bathroom cleaned? I guess we all have different expectations.

I certainly do not expect my sheets to be changed every day, and it is not done on a ship. I do expect clean towels, and garbage empty. Now I am curious as to what you mean by not cleaned is the made made, bathroom cleaned? I guess we all have different expectations.

Sheets are usually changed once in the middle of a 10-12 day cruise. Most people do not expect sheets to be changed everyday? I mean, who changes their own sheets everyday?

Explorer was in NY/NJ for years, and never had these problems, even during tropical storms like Sandy and blizzards.

I am SO happy to hear you say this!!! I keep reading so many complaints, it's been worrying me for our May cruise. I LOVE that you LOVE the ship!

All the food complaints make me nervous. Since you're happy, I'm hoping that you found the food to be ok? (fingers crossed for another positive response!) Thanks so much for taking the time to run this thread.

I was on the week prior-- I certainly found food that I enjoyed. My issue with the food was temperature-- I spoke to the supervisors and it was handled effectively. I was happy and the fact that the restaurant managers got to know me helped with better service going forward.

Here are the details posted by Cruise Critic http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6837

They're doing what they think is best for the welfare and safety of all on board.

I had one concern about the construction of the Allure and the Oasis. They appear to be open in the back. If they go through high seas and rough weather, would the interior incur water damage?