Longest consecutive sea days

Tee & Chilli

We had 8 sea days on the front end of a 15 night TA from New Orleans to Rome. Ahhh...that just might have been my favorite cruise of all. We had an excellent cabin (7388 on Navigator, corner aft huge balcony) and DH hung up a hammock out there, which we really enjoyed.

We wondered how we would handle that many sea days, but it was just wonderful. Our roll call group was very active and planned tons of activities. There were lots of choices of things to do on the ship. We never got bored.

We got into kind of a fun relaxation groove and one day we were shocked to realize that we had a port in the Azores the next day! We had to adjust back to the real world on day 10, but we made it. I would definitely do another TA!!!

Judy

We were on the inaugural TA for the Allure last year with 12 nights from Florida to Spain and only I port - Malaga. It was heaven and both of us thought that the size of the ship warranted the respect to enjoy it and it proved us right.

These days I would relish having as many as possible. But there was this one time (at band camp) when I was stuck on Carnival Tropicale in an extremely small cabin and weather caused us to have 4 unplanned days in a row (and missed ports) on a 9 day cruise. I would have chartered a helicopter to pick me up if I could have. Highest bar bill I ever had. :)

Edited by MattInFLL

Longest for me was 5 days or about that. Can't remember exactly. Was on a TA Barbados to UK.

It was on a different cruise lines, not RC. They moved the clocks forward each day by 1 hr at noon. Made the days short. Don't know whether this is common practice. I preferred it this way, relaxing but made the day go quickly at the same time. If this happens on RC then I would advise USA to Europe TA and not the other way.

Weather makes a big difference IMO and this is one thing you cannot control or predict.

Some of this depends on the ship and even the cabin. We missed a port on the Legend TA in fall of 2014 so the last 8 days ended being all at sea - I was ready to get off. OTOH, just 2 months later on the Quantum TA with no ports (Southampton to NY) I could have done more than the 8 days. Well, it also helped that we had a balcony on the Quantum and an inside on the Legend.:cool:

I don't recall with certainty, but I think it was 8 days on the Eastbound Oasis TA. Our prior TA was 6 on the much smaller Disney Magic--in neither case was I at all anxious to see land again.

We'Re on the Harmony TA this fall and looking forward to our 9 days of nothing but a ship to enjoy.

8 days on a westbound TA. Loved it. [We have taken another one and have one planned for this fall] My DH was very worried we would be bored after a few days--but, that never happened.

There is a different mind set on a TA [or other ocean voyage]. You settle into a rhythm. It is so relaxing. :D We look forward to having 9 sea days to enjoy the Harmony. My goal is to try everything. . . I know that is unlikely. :rolleyes:

The one thing that did bother me was being cut off from the news. This cruise was during the last presidential election. I know this would not be a problem for others. [long ago we used to get a small leaflet with a summary of the national news and sports--I really liked that]

We sailed on the Legend and it had very slooooow internet. In those days you bought it by the minute. We paid for a small package, but felt it was too slow to really use for anything except email. [it took me 5 minutes just to get to my email screen.] I like the new faster service.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

8 days on a westbound TA. Loved it. [We have taken another one and have one planned for this fall] My DH was very worried we would be bored after a few days--but, that never happened.

There is a different mind set on a TA [or other ocean voyage]. You settle into a rhythm. It is so relaxing. :D We look forward to having 9 sea days to enjoy the Harmony. My goal is to try everything. . . I know that is unlikely. :rolleyes:

The one thing that did bother me was being cut off from the news. This cruise was during the last presidential election. I know this would not be a problem for others. [long ago we used to get a small leaflet with a summary of the national news and sports--I really liked that]

We sailed on the Legend and it had very slooooow internet. In those days you bought it by the minute. We paid for a small package, but felt it was too slow to really use for anything except email. [it took me 5 minutes just to get to my email screen.] I like the new faster service.

funny, I am a bit of a political junkie and yet I am looking forward to NOT hearing all the ins and outs of the last lead up to the election when on the Harmony TA. The four day between disembarkation and election day will be enough :D

(you can get quite a bit of news these days, but we do not watch it on the stateroom TV, ever---and normally do not get wi-fi packages)

Edited by NHDisneylover

Excluding my Naval service, only 2 sea days at a time. :eek:

During my stint in Vietnam on a minesweeper the longest we were at sea was 138 days. Food, fuel, and movies watched too many times were via ship to ship transfer.

The nightly entertainment was pretty bad though.

Edited by PoppyandNana

funny, I am a bit of a political junkie and yet I am looking forward to NOT hearing all the ins and outs of the last lead up to the election when on the Harmony TA. The four day between disembarkation and election day will be enough :D

(you can get quite a bit of news these days, but we do not watch it on the stateroom TV, ever---and normally do not get wi-fi packages)

We're the same way. I'm so glad that we'll be away from all of it for three weeks!

We watched some news on the stateroom TV on our Brilliance TA in May (terrible weather), and were amused to hear some of the European's views of things that happen here!

Beth