Elite Laundry

cruise kitty

So, we're finally Elite for our upcoming cruise, & I'm looking forward to the two free bags of laundry, my question is, when is the last day to send out the 2nd bag of laundry? Can we send it out the morning before we disembark, or is it two days before we disembark?

Thanks in advance. :)

We've turned ours in two days before, with no problems.

I wish they would just print the deadline on the coupon on in the daily program ... "last day to use any coupons or packages, turn in by 10 am, or 5 pm ... " something to that effect ...

I wish they would just print the deadline on the coupon on in the daily program ... "last day to use any coupons or packages, turn in by 10 am, or 5 pm ... " something to that effect ...

Wow, I would worry about not getting it back in time. Imagine trying to find it on the last day. Glad it worked for you.

The following statement appears on the reverse side of the Zenith coupon: "Not valid on embarkation day or on the day before the end of the cruise".

I've used a coupon without difficulty on the first day when I was either on the second part of a B2B or had some laundry from the hotel.

Zenith's get unlimited laundry and dry cleaning so others might check for a similar statement on their coupons.

Edited by Orator

We almost always do transatlantic's which are long, and it always says not valid the last three days

I remember that statement was on my Elite and Elite+ laundry coupons. Since I haven't seen one in he past year and a half I didn't know that it hadn't changed. You are most certainly correct and the statement is on the coupon.

Edited by Orator

Each person gets their own coupon. The dates they are valid are printed on the coupon. A kind word to your cabin steward would probably get laundry done a day later. It also always got my bag accepted overflowing.

We almost always do transatlantic's which are long, and it always says not valid the last three days

Hi Cathy...hope you and E are both well. :)

On all of our cruises, the Elite or Elite+ coupons have said the same thing...not valid the last three days.

We frequently use the coupons on the first day for either laundry or dry-cleaning or both. We usually have a land trip pre-cruise, and I bring my husband's suite or tux from home and have it dry-cleaned or pressed on board, as required. It costs almost the same to dry-clean a suit on board as at our local dry-cleaner (except if you have to factor in a killer exchange rate, which, in the spirit of enjoying my trip, I just ignore).

We received a robo call from the Captain's Club Hostess telling us the last day to use the free laundry coupon. It never hurts to double check whether it's that morning or that evening.

If you have the laundry bag ready in the morning, you should get the clean laundry back the next afternoon.

That's how it's been for me on Solstice. Excellent service. Ditto for the one item of free dry cleaning. They did actually mislay a pyjama top but it was located and returned as soon as I made them aware.... I think the fact that it looked like a T shirt confused them as it was returned on a hanger :D

Hi Cathy...hope you and E are both well. :)

On all of our cruises, the Elite or Elite+ coupons have said the same thing...not valid the last three days.

We frequently use the coupons on the first day for either laundry or dry-cleaning or both. We usually have a land trip pre-cruise, and I bring my husband's suite or tux from home and have it dry-cleaned or pressed on board, as required. It costs almost the same to dry-clean a suit on board as at our local dry-cleaner (except if you have to factor in a killer exchange rate, which, in the spirit of enjoying my trip, I just ignore).

;) We do the exact same thing. Bring the suit and send it out for cleaning as soon as we unpack. Works like a charm, especially since they consider a suit as one piece!!

The day that Eric had his heart attack on Silhouette, I had just sent out a big bag of laundry that morning. When they sent me to the cabin to pack up, somehow I remembered it and made a quick call to guest relations. Sure enough within about five minutes there was a knock at the door and my dirty laundry was delivered back to me! I was grateful for that as you can imagine at that moment!!

We're heading out on the Reflection TA next month, hopefully we'll be able to make it through the whole cruise this time!

The answers provided in this lengthy forum could be compressed into one paragraph, if we didn't hear of the likes of , "we mostly take TA's, "we are Elite, bla bla bla. Folks I think most people could care less about that and just would like a quick answer to their question. Incidentally, I guess I must get mine in. We are Elite, and Diamond, and do mostly B2B's,and will be on the Eclipse TA next month, if anyone is interested, which I doubt

The answers provided in this lengthy forum could be compressed into one paragraph, if we didn't hear of the likes of , "we mostly take TA's, "we are Elite, bla bla bla. Folks I think most people could care less about that and just would like a quick answer to their question. Incidentally, I guess I must get mine in. We are Elite, and Diamond, and do mostly B2B's,and will be on the Eclipse TA next month, if anyone is interested, which I doubt

You and Joe Friday will never understand discussion boards! :)

Thanks

Posted by Traveler 67 Aug 2015

Traveler 67 and Ann are from Springfield, Missouri and are doing a B2B starting Aug 28. We have been on a few Alaskan cruises and are Diamond in the Captains Club pecking order.

we are on

deck 3 OV cabin 3014. Please sign us up for Connections party since we are late bookers (seems like that is the only way we do it). Looking forward to another great cruise to the "land of the Midnight Sun"

Interesting ...................

Wow, thanks for all the answers! We'll be in Rome for a week post cruise, & I don't like to travel with any dirty clothes, so this will let me plan on bringing DH & I a couple pairs of older, throw away undies, & just pay full price for any other dirty clothes on the last full day of the cruise... (sorry if that's too much info ;) )

On past cruises we've always done a couple of the "stuff the bag" specials, & it sounds like this is the exact same thing.

Thanks again!

Each person gets their own coupon. The dates they are valid are printed on the coupon. A kind word to your cabin steward would probably get laundry done a day later. It also always got my bag accepted overflowing.

Yes.

Thank you both for answering my question. :)

I see you are new to Cruise Critic. Sorry to have wasted your time reading things you don't care about, but that's the way the boards work. There's a very simple answer--don't read them!

Or, do what the rest of us do, find the nuggets of information and use that, and ignore the rest. There is often times more than one 'correct' answer, a lot depends on circumstances, etc. And some of us have cruised together and welcome the opportunity to reconnect. It's not unique to this thread, believe me. If it bugs you. . . well, you know what to do. . .

I love this perk.

It is much better than the stuff the bag special, first of all because it's free, but it is also many more items. We each had the coupon for 20 items, and each of us filled up 2 bags, so 4 bags total, for free. We knew about the 3 day deadline, so did one fairly soon into the 9 day cruise, and the other a couple of days later.