Giovannis or Chops Grille?

Giovanni's hands down. We were not impressed with Chops. I've had better steaks at Outback.

Come hungry for Giovanni's. Portions are large and served family style. If they have the lamb chops as an entrée ask them to bring it out as an appetizer.....FANTASTIC. Also the gnocchi are super.

I'm not the OP, but thanks everyone for your input! We went to Giovanni's the first time we were on Allure and we all really liked it. We knew we would go back when we do our Allure cruise in May but were also thinking about trying Chops. I think we will just skip it. Our son is a pasta lover anyway! (And we can try the steak there instead)

Giovanni's is the better choice.

The strip sirloin steak in Chop's is the same cut you get in the MDR. The atmosphere is nice, but an extra $25-$30 for the same cut of meat (you can also get a small filet mignon for the cover charge price). If you want a T-bone or Porterhouse you pay a hefty upgrade price. I don't see the value.

We did Chop's on the Oasis in February on Valentines Day and they badly overcooked my Medium Rare sirloin 2 times (medium well first time, and well the second) and overcooked it the third time as well (close to medium well). Nancy had completely finished her meal by the time the third sirloin was brought to our table.

I will not do Chop's again. :(

Giovannis

I don't no why but the same Filet at Chops and Giovannis always tasted better at Giovannis :confused:

Cooked in Olive Oil?

By the way, no late lunches before eating at Giovanni's. We made that mistake and had to be rolled out only having half eating our main course and skipping desert.

Edited by mooseman52b

We actually just ate at Giovanni's on the Oasis last night and didn't have a great experience. The waitstaff must have been short handed because it took forever to get initially served and between courses. The steak was very good. My DH had the lamb chops and they were okay. The cannolis for dessert were yummy. Not sure I would go back on a future cruise. We did eat at Chef's Table one night and that was amazing!

We actually just ate at Giovanni's on the Oasis last night and didn't have a great experience. The waitstaff must have been short handed because it took forever to get initially served and between courses. The steak was very good. My DH had the lamb chops and they were okay. The cannolis for dessert were yummy. Not sure I would go back on a future cruise. We did eat at Chef's Table one night and that was amazing!

What is does DH stand for? I have seen this in quite a few posts.

It's not a sports community so it can't be "Designated Hitter" :confused:

What is does DH stand for? I have seen this in quite a few posts.

It's not a sports community so it can't be "Designated Hitter" :confused:

Or darling husband which my wife refers to me as. [emoji16]

DH and I usually eat at both. I'm not a steak lover but do love my shrimp (appetizer and main course [emoji51]) so chops is awesome for me. That being said, Giovanni's is just another level of awesomeness from start to finish and everything in between! Whatever you do leave room for dessert[emoji7]