LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Premier Sailings of the MS Koningsdam

LAFFNVEGAS

I really meant to ask if there were T E A K loungers on other decks.

Apparently iOS knows nothing about teak. I really hate it when it autocorrects.:eek:

Unfortunately never saw a teak lounge chair Luke what has been on the Promenade Deck of many of the other Hal ships.

Tonight was our last night on board, luggage is out in the Hallway. We are staying another day on Rome and taking a Hal tour tomorrow of Rome before we go to our hotel which is the Visconti Palace. Then Saturday at noon is our flight back.

Tonight we ate in the Pinnacle and I am thrilled the Caesar salad is made table side again and I could get Anchovies

5ca01ee3576cc0d100096be0b12146cc.jpg

Tom had the filet and add on Lobster which he said was far better than the previous night. I had the seafood Cioppino and we dined with our lucky friends Tom and Joe who get to stay on for 12 more days. They both had Salmon and said it was excellent.

193ccb60cc0e8de83eb8f9b64b852993.jpg

f9592b40a774ff60d029d87d1b0fa64b.jpgd8980d125a03c8d7b943abec0f5eae2d.jpg

As I have stated most of our cruising over the past few years has been with NCL but it was nice that we knew the Hotel Director, knew Wessel the Food and Beverage Manager we had first met him 10 years ago while he was training on his first contract. Then we also know Murat the Beverage Manager

5bcb8ca8836ec8d58d506f98e922cb96.jpg

It was good to see so many familiar faces and people we knew despite not having sailed them all for several years.

We did finally get our Inaugural plate this evening and we will be hanging it up with all of our other Hal plates.

Thanks for following along, I will still be doing some reporting in before we get home and will let you know how disembarkation goes [emoji2]

Hi Roy, I Have not been on Allure or Breakaway but I several of the Jewel Class of NCL and been on Celebrity Solstice, those all have very similar types of decks. While in places the deck is definitely not wide but it gets the job done for walking and while it has slight obstructions you still see a lot of sea. Three times around equals a mile. I think the promenade will still be good for walking and many were using it for just that.

Thanks, Lisa. It sounds like it will be fine for my morning walks and I'll report on what happens with On Deck For A Cause which might be a bit challenging. Have a smooth disembarkation, a nice day in Rome, and a stress free flight home.

Thanks for taking us along.

Roy

Lisa you know this and it goes without saying but thanks for taking us all along for your trip. You've increased our excitement of our November trip and I feel pretty confident some of the hiccups you experienced will be worked out once she hits the Caribbean.

Enjoy your day tomorrow and safe travels back home!

Thanks for all your pics and opinions. Have a fine time in Rome and safe trip home.

We are planning 1st HAL on K-Dam.

Two last ?s please.

Do you think Holland America will remedy the glitches you experienced?

All in all, are you glad you picked this sailing?

Linda [emoji924]

Thank you for your time, expense, and allowing willing intrusions to produce what was also hopefully for you a work of love. And we land-lubbers with our infinite curiosity about the K-Dam did make you work!. Tante grazie for taking us along on your Roman Holiday.

Edited by OlsSalt

Actually Sel de Mer was open for lunch with the same menu they had at night.
Interesting!! I wonder how much business they will get serving dinners at lunchtime? I suppose if I couldn't get a reservation for any evening I would have to try it at lunchtime ...

Interesting!! I wonder how much business they will get serving dinners at lunchtime? I suppose if I couldn't get a reservation for any evening I would have to try it at lunchtime ...

I am willing to bet Sal de Mer is open for lunchtime on days at sea only.

Thanks Lisa!

You are a sweety to take time out of your cruise to give us a fair and balanced report of your time on the K-dam. I'm going to try her is a couple years when she is less "new" and has the bugs worked out.

Hugs!

C.

Lisa, thank you for all your time and expense you put into such a terrific report on your adventures on the K-Dam. I have really enjoyed reading every line and picture.

Have a nice tour of Rome and a relaxing trip home.

Helen

Thank you! I appreciate your balanced review of both positive and negative experiences. It's too bad the food was a disappointment. I've been on a diet for months to lose some pounds before our trip this summer, I love the idea of all you can eat food!

Have a wonderful time and thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app