Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Our Brilliance cruise was sandwiched between Vision cruises, so it's entirely possible that Vision had the breakfast in Giovanni's.

The Vision in January had breakfast in Giovanni's for PCMs and Suites. The Serenade in March had breakfast in Giovanni's for PCMs and Suites. The Brilliance in April had breakfast in Giovanni's for D+, PCMs and Suites. HD Johann said that D+ would continue to be allowed in Giovanni's for breakfast during the crossing and then the the ship would change this to conform to what all the other ships are doing, ie. no longer allowing D+.

Sometimes these breakfasts will be in Chops if they need Giovanni's for other functions or maintenance.

I believe the Freedom class ships still allow D and D+ to sit in Chops during breakfast, but without service. Get your food from Windjammer and take it to Chops. Giovanni's has sit down service for PCMs and Suites. This, also, can be reversed on occasion.

Vision and Radiance class ships have generally held onto the tradition of having a special breakfast area in the MDR. This is a carry over from before their dry docks when they did not have Diamond Lounges. This is not required once the DLs were installed but a HD told me that it did not cost the ship anything extra in manpower so they would continue with the special area for Diamonds, with the specialty coffees available.

Edited by Tagsalong

On the ships that have had a separate section in the MDR for Diamonds and above, it was always right in the front area of the dining room. Something I am realizing I don't like. It is as if people are walking by, seeing the signage and saying to themselves "Oh those people think they are so special with their own section". It isn't as if, the menu is different.

On the ships that have had a separate section in the MDR for Diamonds and above, it was always right in the front area of the dining room. Something I am realizing I don't like. It is as if people are walking by, seeing the signage and saying to themselves "Oh those people think they are so special with their own section". It isn't as if, the menu is different.

I just don't like that it is in a busy / high traffic area. Seems hectic.

That is how our DD feels when we sat in the suite seating in the WJ.

She felt like she was in a fish bowl and all were staring at her.

Later

On Brilliance there was a breakfast in Giovanni's for full suites and Pinnacle members, but I did not see a Diamond section for breakfast in the MDR.

Odd, we had breakfast in Chops last fall

We also had breakfast in Chops on the BR in Feb. AND they let us pesky D+'s in;)

There was a separate section in the MDR on Serenade in Feb with 2 lines at the entrance. To be honest, as most times there was a longer wait for a table in the D section we joined the non D line which was seated faster (much to the annoyance of some D and up members :)). No difference in service, just a different area so to be honest I can't see the benefit, perhaps I'm missing something. Got more tables with a sea view in the non D area.

Although we do request a table for 2 at breakfast as we don't like to share as it takes too long for service on a large table IMHO by the time 8 people have decided and given their orders for breakfast, with specific requests for beverages, white toast, wheat toast, cereal, fruits, etc.:D

The only difference between the D breakfast dining area and regular seating is that they offer specialty coffees at no charge, at least that was the idea when the area was first created.

I prefer pesky central Florida D+ ;)

How about Tennessee D+?:) We had breakfast in Giovanni's on Brilliance TA, and Pinnacles and suite guests dined in Chops......same menus both restaurants. We had a very special champagne brunch(340 & up) on deck five main dining room the last sea day, and unsure what pinnacle club members had.

Edited by cruising grandma

Changes to C & A? When trying to login this morning, I got this message.

Your detailed Crown & Anchor information is currently not available. You can continue browsing the site, but please keep in mind that anything pertaining to your Crown & Anchor membership information will not be viewable at this time.

Your detailed Crown & Anchor information is currently not available. You can continue browsing the site, but please keep in mind that anything pertaining to your Crown & Anchor membership information will not be viewable at this time.

I can get into mine.

At 7:30 this morning, I got a message that they were doing maintenance until 9:00am. Could not get into anything.

I've seen that happen from time to time.

That is because today is May 1st and they are making all the changes we have been expecting.................Ohhh NO it's not, someone must have made a mistake. ;)

Almost 2000 posts almost to 100 pages. I think we can make it.

Especially if they combine it with the other new thread which has been posted asking about changes :rolleyes:

That is because today is May 1st and they are making all the changes we have been expecting.................Ohhh NO it's not, someone must have made a mistake. ;)

Sorry I even posted. I log on RCCL website a few times a day, checking prices, and this is the first time I've ever seen the message about C & A.

My comment was not aimed at you personally, I apologise if you think it was.

Many of us on these pages that have higher post counts, know that such a message is a regular feature on the website.

Sorry I even posted. I log on RCCL website a few times a day, checking prices, and this is the first time I've ever seen the message about C & A.

I got this message the other day, when I called them, they told me that every once in awhile this happens, when updating the systems. she went through and checked everything, and we found that some how my name got flip/flopped. last name, then first name. once she corrected it, every thing went back to normal.