Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Last two weeks on LB there was priority boarding by C&A status, and there was both a Welcome Aboard party with free drinks, and the Top Tier party with free drinks. Top cruiser did not get champagne, however.

Maybe you need to be Pinnacle to get the free champagne. I do know that on Oasis only the top cruisers now get the champagne - they were giving it to the top 3. The LA onboard said it was a directive from Miami. But that was always ship by ship - we usually only saw the top cruisers get a bottle, although several ships were more generous.

And on RD they reached what I consider to be a new low. They had 2 Welcome Back parties because of the crowd. They used to ask the #1 cruisers which party they would like to attend, and invite the #2 cruisers to the other party; each would get a bottle of bubbly and a photo. In April, they asked the top 3 to attend both parties and only the top cruisers got a bottle/photo. And only at the second party.

To be sure we came back to #2. I agree, it was pretty crummy.

Is it the HD or F&B who decides if the top cruiser gets a bottle if champagne?

Probably varies by ship, budget, etc. I'll bet the Loyalty Amabassador can also be involved on some ships.

On the Anthem, only the top cruiser was acknowledged and received a bottle of bubbly.

On our recent three cruises on Anthem, the top "3" top cruisers were recognized at the Top Tier Party. We had a new LA, that boarded when we did on 3/27 plus a new HD that had only been there since sometime in February.

On cruise #1 there were 4 PC Members, and we were all recognized and received a bottle of champagne. On cruise #2 there were 11 PC Members and 3 bottles of champagne were given out. On cruise #3 there were 18 PC Members, all were seated in the front 3 rows in 27, were acknowledged by name and 3 bottles of champagne were given to the Top 3.

Edited by cruisenfever

Was it good champagne or the crappy Duc de Valmer? On Enchantment they recognized the top Pinnacle, the top D+, and the top Diamond. I thought that was interesting

Did the top D have 174 points? :rolleyes:

No Pinnacles onboard Adventure right now and apparently none the 3 previous cruises either. Only 39 of us D+'s onboard now and approx 100 D's. So no bottles of champagne out of inventory ;)

We were top cruisers for the April 8th & April 18th cruises. At the Top Tier event we were the only couple who received a bottle of bubbly, however all Pinnacles were named. The LA arranged for the top 3 cruisers to have their picture taken. During the top tier party, the pictures were on the TV screens and rotated from 1 to 3 continually.

On our recent three cruises on Anthem, the top "3" top cruisers were recognized at the Top Tier Party. We had a new LA, that boarded when we did on 3/27 plus a new HD that had only been there since sometime in February.

On cruise #1 there were 4 PC Members, and we were all recognized and received a bottle of champagne. On cruise #2 there were 11 PC Members and 3 bottles of champagne were given out. On cruise #3 there were 18 PC Members, all were seated in the front 3 rows in 27, were acknowledged by name and 3 bottles of champagne were given to the Top 3.

That's good to hear, Patti. Progress! :)

Was it good champagne or the crappy Duc de Valmer? On Enchantment they recognized the top Pinnacle, the top D+, and the top Diamond. I thought that was interesting

Our first cruise as diamond Plus, we were on Navigator. Awards were being given for top 3 cruisers, and then the LA said, we have two new Diamond Plus members onboard, and asked us to stand. I had never seen that done, and haven't since.

Since we will never be Pinnacle nor Top cruiser, well, it was nice. On that cruise they also presented milestone blocks at the top tier event. I was surprised. That was March 2014.

Edited by internetwhiz

Our first cruise as diamond Plus, we were on Navigator. Awards were being given for top 3 cruisers, and then the LA said, we have two new Diamond Plus members onboard, and asked us to stand. I had never seen that done, and haven't since.

Since we will never be Pinnacle nor Top cruiser, well, it was nice. On that cruise they also presented milestone blocks at the top tier event. I was surprised. That was March 2014.

Yep, that was Reba. She was the best!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it the HD or F&B who decides if the top cruiser gets a bottle if champagne?

As mentioned, I think it depends on the HD, with possible feedback from the LA. To not give a bottle to the top cruiser at all, IMO, is a little cheap. We have noticed that the champagne/sparkling wine is usually Chandon. Sometimes Moët.

..... On Enchantment they recognized the top Pinnacle, the top D+, and the top Diamond. I thought that was interesting

I hope RCI is reading this! That's a great way to recognize your top cruisers. Especially those top D+ members that have very little hope of making Pinnacle. :cool:

I hope RCI is reading this! That's a great way to recognize your top cruisers. Especially those top D+ members that have very little hope of making Pinnacle. :cool:

I would bet the top D+ member is indeed someone who almost is Pinnacle most of the time.

Yep, that was Reba. She was the best!!!

I agree completely. Reba Minett was the BEST. I am sure she is appreciated by those who are sailing with her on Silversea as well. Sure do miss Reba.

At least we won't have anymore Gold C&A members thinking they have a private sun deck. :eek:

My first gold cruise, I honestly thought this. I think it's a fair assumption to make. They tell you that you are GOLD, you see an area for GOLD people.

I also understood why it wasn't for me, but until it was explained, I didn't.

It was a dumb move by Royal.

My first gold cruise, I honestly thought this. I think it's a fair assumption to make. They tell you that you are GOLD, you see an area for GOLD people.

I also understood why it wasn't for me, but until it was explained, I didn't.

It was a dumb move by Royal.

I wasn't criticizing the gold members that assumed they had access (sorry if my post came off that way), but I always get a little laugh out of it.

It was a stupid move by Royal, though.