Super Mario interview and article

That was very interesting. I don't know if I have ever been on board when Mario has, but it is amazing to me to imagine 6,000 sea days.

Go Mario! Live your life and have fun! :)

I wonder if he can write off part of his cruise fare as a work expense (home office?). I think Cruising would lose its appeal if I did it that much, and it would be hard not to maintain relationships with my community and friends at home. But I can see how it would be a nice way for a single guy to spend his days and not have to cook or clean, and still be able to work while he travels. I've heard of him on these boards but I've never been on one of his ships.

Super Mario books JS's and better. The 6,000 points is very impressive indeed, but he cruises in JS's, or GS's, and as a single, he receives 3 points for every night aboard.

He does cruise some 300 nights or more per year, so he receives about 900 points per year, under the present Royal Caribbean point system. It's only been a couple of years since I last cruised with Mario, and at that time he had amassed just over 4,400 points.

I know a couple of Pinnacles that have over 3,000 points, a few with over 2,000 points, but Super Mario is indeed a legend with Royal Caribbean.

My hat is off to you, my friend!!:D

Rick

I wonder if he can write off part of his cruise fare as a work expense (home office?). I think Cruising would lose its appeal if I did it that much, and it would be hard not to maintain relationships with my community and friends at home. But I can see how it would be a nice way for a single guy to spend his days and not have to cook or clean, and still be able to work while he travels. I've heard of him on these boards but I've never been on one of his ships.

I'm sure he wrote off the cost of internet, back when he had to pay for it.

I used to work for RCI as a pier agent back in the day when Navigator was at Port of Miami. At the time, Mario was only on every other sailing. He would come in every other weekend like clockwork for his week on Navigator. He was very nice the few times I got to help him. :)

I've seen his plaque on Liberty but I've never sailed with him on any ship that I know of.

Super Mario books JS's and better. The 6,000 points is very impressive indeed, but he cruises in JS's, or GS's, and as a single, he receives 3 points for every night aboard.

He does cruise some 300 nights or more per year, so he receives about 900 points per year, under the present Royal Caribbean point system. It's only been a couple of years since I last cruised with Mario, and at that time he had amassed just over 4,400 points.

I know a couple of Pinnacles that have over 3,000 points, a few with over 2,000 points, but Super Mario is indeed a legend with Royal Caribbean.

Rick

Super Mario receives the same 150% single supplement that all other Pinnacles receive. Surprising!!

We were onboard Navigator in Feb 2016 when he celebrated his 6000 points. The cruise director staff made a funny video with him about 'a day of Super Mario onboard'. He was shown i.e. changing sheets in cabin, dancing on stage, helping the captain to navigate and serving a dish on MDR lunch. We sat on the next table when he showed up dressed as a waiter. The couple sitting on the table had no clue who he was, they just thought him to be new and untrained waiter. It was so funny!

I've seen his plaque on Liberty but I've never sailed with him on any ship that I know of.

I was on the Liberty cruise in 2010 when he was awarded this plaque. At that point, he had been on Liberty continuously for more than a year. The plaque given to him on Liberty and mounted by a pool side table sounds like the "Super Mario's Office" plaque mentioned in the article that is on Navigator. Since he tends to cruise the same ship for months at a time, I wonder if they move the plaque from ship to ship, or if he now has multiple plaques on multiple ships. Ah, to have such problems...

Cool article. Thanks for sharing. Super nice guy.

Some of you say he does not book interiors. He may not always book interiors, but definitely had one on the Navigator in March and had been in it for months. My understanding is that he was staying onboard until the Navigator does it's transatlantic. We were in a JS a few doors away from his cabin and were serviced by the same stateroom attendant. Talked in passing in the hall several times.

Here is a pic I took of his cabin door:

P3120655%20Medium_zpseqkks0yj.jpg

Dan.

Yes, Mario has switched up to booking some interiors. Ever since

Royal has changed their smoking policy on balconies he is ok

with an inside room. He has to smoke in his "office" now.

He's a delightful man and I've never heard anyone say anything

negative about him. How many people can say that?

Yes, Mario has switched up to booking some interiors. Ever since

Royal has changed their smoking policy on balconies he is ok

with an inside room. He has to smoke in his "office" now.

He's a delightful man and I've never heard anyone say anything

negative about him. How many people can say that?

(Oh my goodness ... Anita? haven't seen you here on CC in years! We sailed on Legend way back in 2007, Med cruise. Mr Chew was the tall dude with white hair & glasses? don't know if you'll remember us ...)

We met Mario several years ago when he was on Liberty. Nice guy. We would love to be able to cruise like that!

Rick

Yea, I don't believe for a minute, that he lives in a inside cabin!!

Based on the $65,000 annual cost for 350 days annually; no inside cabin would cost $185 per day!

Edited by gkbiiii