Drink Package for 14 year old on Oasis

Hi All,

Will be sailing in July and haven't decided on a drink package for my son. I've read that without a drink package he can't have any of the frozen virgin drinks. He really likes soda, smoothies, shakes and virgin drinks etc. Can you please advise on which drink package includes this? Also, this refillable souvenir cup, does it have a lid & straw? What happens if he was to loose it (first time cruising for him) ?

Thank you :)

He can order a virgin/mock cocktail without the drink package but it would be charged at the individual price. I'm not sure what that is as far as cost.

It's $8 for unlimited soda.

It's $19 for soda's plus This all-inclusive package includes RCCL's full selection of premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water, juice, and non-alcoholic cocktails.

The deciding factor is if your child is going to drink $11 per day worth of non-alcoholic drinks. Keep in mind the frozen drinks are usually super full of sugar and comes pre-mixed in a carton. It's not like they are going to get a fresh fruit smoothie.

They put a sticker on the sea pass so the drink cup doesn't have to be carried around all day. Yes it comes with a straw and lid.

Hi All,

Will be sailing in July and haven't decided on a drink package for my son. I've read that without a drink package he can't have any of the frozen virgin drinks. He really likes soda, smoothies, shakes and virgin drinks etc. Can you please advise on which drink package includes this? Also, this refillable souvenir cup, does it have a lid & straw? What happens if he was to loose it (first time cruising for him) ?

Of course he can get those drinks individually. He does not need a package to buy drinks.

The package you are describing is the Royal Replenish.

The souvenir soda cup is required to activate the Freestyle machine. There is a computer chip in its base. It has a lid. No straw. If he loses it, I am not sure what the protocol is. Someone else will jump in and say what they charge for a new one.

He can also get plain sodas from any bar by showing his SeaPass card.

If he does not have a package, he can buy soda by the can.

A Frozen Strawberry Virgin Daiquiri is about $9. Limit your son to 3 a day! Tell him to enjoy his cruise! Bring your credit card to pay the bill!

Frozen virgin pina colada on Freedom in March was about $4.

Those strawberries must have been expensive!

Hi All,

Based on the faq, you can replace the cup for $4.95 (not sure if this price is up to date)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5905

Also, this refillable souvenir cup, does it have a lid & straw?

No, it´s more like a travel mug (but no handle). And you don´t need the cup to get a drink. The SeaPass Card is all you need. The cup is only needed to activate the Coca Cola Freestyle machines which work together with the built in RFID chip in the cup. The cups are for sodas only.

I´d say the Royal Refreshment (former soda package - 8 USD/day) is all I´d buy for a minor. The Royal Replenish (19 USD/day) also includes bottled water and specialty coffees. There´s no need for a child to get high calorie frozen drinks all day long. My DD doesn´t even get the soda package but sticks to the free iced tea. If you son wants a frozen drink then buy a single one.

steamboats

We purchased the Soda package for my 16 year old son. Mainly because he will be spending all his time on the sports court playing basketball and I want him to stay hydrated. The kid will not drink any type of soda - but the freestyle machines dispense Power-Aid, lemonade and many varieties of flavored dasani water. He also loves frozen virgin daiquiris - but will not drink more than 2 a day - typically by the pool or with dinner.

We purchased the Soda package for my 16 year old son. Mainly because he will be spending all his time on the sports court playing basketball and I want him to stay hydrated. The kid will not drink any type of soda - but the freestyle machines dispense Power-Aid, lemonade and many varieties of flavored dasani water. He also loves frozen virgin daiquiris - but will not drink more than 2 a day - typically by the pool or with dinner.

You may want to consider the Replenish package for your son. The soda package is $8 per day, and two frozen drinks will add $10 per day, so you are up to $18 per day. For $1 more per day, you could get the Replenish package which would give him unlimited bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ, and specialty coffees in addition to the soda and non-alcoholic cocktails.

Just off the Oasis and they were charging $8 to replace a lost cup. The man ahead of us in line who was trying to get a new cup was protesting that it wasn't his fault that it fell off the boat on his excursion and he should get a new one for free.:rolleyes:

Not trying to give any parenting advice, but a few years back when our boys where that age, we'd set a budget for each and let them decide within limits how they wanted to allocate it. We set it at $200 at the time, but would probably have inflated it some by now. Beverage package, arcade spending, Johnny Rockets, gift shop stuff for their girlfriend back home, it was their choice. It's a vacation for everyone, so I tried to overlook a bit of soda overload and such for the week. If they chose to hang out with the parents a bit (which I know is so uncool) they might have gotten a few extras on our tab as well.

Specialty coffee drinks for kids? :eek:

steamboats

My daughter gets those. She is 16.

My son gets the same package, and he drank a lot of powerade until he found out that energy drinks were included. I don't remember if it was red bull or monster, I think it was red bull though. I limited him to 1 a day.

Just to add one more thought to all of this. When my kids were teens we got the soda card for them more as a safety issue. We always told our kids if your drink is out of your sight at all dump it and get a new one. I know my kids won't do anything but not sure about others on the ship. Whether that be in the teen area, on the sports court or wherever. If they had the card it was always easier for them to get another without worrying about the cost.

To answer the OPs question, I would go with the replenish package. One or two frozen drinks and a bottle or two of water and it pays for itself.

It's the Royal replenish and I personally thought it was very worth it! I got it for my 2 dd's and myself. You can get the soda's and if the ship has the coke machines it's wonderful even had the gator aides ( or which ever is the coke product one). The package also includes bottled water which on the cruise we drank tons of !! Also the mock tails. We all enjoyed our fake daquaries and other mock frozen drinks. Also this package includes the fresh squeezed orange juice with breakfast and I personally really love that.

Not trying to give any parenting advice, but a few years back when our boys where that age, we'd set a budget for each and let them decide within limits how they wanted to allocate it. We set it at $200 at the time, but would probably have inflated it some by now. Beverage package, arcade spending, Johnny Rockets, gift shop stuff for their girlfriend back home, it was their choice. It's a vacation for everyone, so I tried to overlook a bit of soda overload and such for the week. If they chose to hang out with the parents a bit (which I know is so uncool) they might have gotten a few extras on our tab as well.

Don't tell my kids! They only get $30 each to blow on the ship. Of course, they could also throw in their own allowance money, but they never have.

I got off the Oasis a few weeks ago and got the Replenish package. I'm not a soda drinker, so the bottled water was very nice. Starbucks isn't included but all the other specialty coffee (at Park Cafe, Promenade Cafe, dinner, etc.) was. I love the fresh squeezed OJ and one of my favorite things about the Oasis was you could get it all day long. They had it at the Promenade Cafe and the cafe in the spa. The spa also has a bunch of fresh juices and fresh fruit smoothies that are included in the package. They had a few things that weren't (bottled juices and smoothies with protein, etc.) They are a nice alternative if you are worried about too much sugar, etc. in the mocktails.

My daughter gets those. She is 16.

My DD is also 16 yo but doesn´t even like the smell of coffee (nor did I at her age). Energy Drinks would be another reason for me not to buy the package for a teenager.

steamboats