Last One Off The Ship!

PROCRUISE

On our upcoming September cruise on The Summit, our arrival time back into Cape Liberty is 0700 hrs, which is a fairly normal arrival time. I was wondering what's the latest anyone has ever gotten off a ship for disembarking at the conclusion of a cruise. In other words: who has ever been, the last one off!!

The back to back passengers are always the last ones off. All the other passengers clear, then the group of B2B who have chosen not to leave and go to town go off together. Sometimes around 10, sometimes 10:30. They are then the first to board most of the time, also.

We were the last ones off the ship before the back to back passengers. We

departed at 10:15 am and the back to backers were right behind us. Our flight was 2:30 pm and we were in no rush to get off.

We were the last ones off the ship before the back to back passengers. We

departed at 10:15 am and the back to backers were right behind us. Our flight was 2:30 pm and we were in no rush to get off.

I am sure that the crew and the people waiting to board just loved you.

DON

DeJa Vu just did a post about this on another thread,we usually jump off about 9.30,of course our cabin is empty,just sitting on the prom with our carry-on drinking coffee.Then wander down to bagage claim,always find our luggage,they have 2 big bio-waste stickers on them,no-one goes near them.

A long time ago we cruised with Premier cruise lines (I wish they were still around). We had a late flight from Jamaica (can't remember which city) and they let us stay on as long as we wanted. They told us we were welcome to stay on board and have lunch. Of course we had to vacate our cabin but we were told we were welcome to use any of the facilities! I can't remember what time we actually got off the ship but it was after lunch!! That was on a small ship and not the cattle call that the large ships create.

Several years ago I saw a documentary on the ship's operations of the RCI's Oasis of the Sea, Celebrity's parent company, on the Travel channel. During turn around day the ship's crew is usually in a frantic mode to get the ship cleared and everyone off no later than 10AM as new embarkation passengers start around 11A. This required paging passengers to hurry up and disembark the ship as the ship's passenger count must be zero. I'm sure this must be true for Celebrity too. You can stay on board as long as you want; but I doubt it would be much more than 10-1030A. If you have any concerns just speak with guest relations once on board this ship as they can only give you a true & accurate answer.

No matter how long you try to stay, you have to be out of the cabin pretty early. Breakfast is earlier than usual, too....they do want you gone!!!

I agree. The Cruise is over get off so the newbies can come aboard ASAP.

I thought Celebrity had a program for X dollars you could enjoy the day on the ship past normal debarkation times (but not your cabin)....I don't recall the details but wonder if they're still offering this

I thought Celebrity had a program for X dollars you could enjoy the day on the ship past normal debarkation times (but not your cabin)....I don't recall the details but wonder if they're still offering this

They still do offer this. I believe there is a minimal charge but must debark 2 hours prior to sailing.

You have use of the ship and lunch in the buffet.

They still do offer this. I believe there is a minimal charge but must debark 2 hours prior to sailing.

You have use of the ship and lunch in the buffet.

quick response and good to know it's still out there (not that I've ever had an opportunity to use it :))

"I thought Celebrity had a program for X dollars you could enjoy the day on the ship past normal debarkation times (but not your cabin)....I don't recall the details but wonder if they're still offering this"

Europe only, not available in Florida

I'll save "Celebrity Cruises" the trouble of cutting and pasting from the website:

"Extend Your Stay

This optional program allows you to extend your cruise vacation, remain onboard and enjoy some of the ship services until 90 minutes prior to the ship's next departure. Complimentary breakfast and lunch in Bistro on Five, non-alcoholic drinks from Café al Bacio, first-run movies, access to the pool, fitness center and select spa services plus lockers in the spa changing room. You'll even have an extra hour in your stateroom. Enroll at the Guest Relations Desk onboard. $59 per adult, $29.50 for children ages 3-12, free for children under 3. Credit cards accepted all day for bar and spa purchases. Available on all European sailings."

We tried to stay on a ship as long as we could. We sat at the pool. Around 9:30 am they called us by name over the intercom and asked us to immediately proceed to the exit. We complied. It was strange to see only a couple of dozen pieces of luggage left on that huge floor, made it easy to find ours. :D

We were on the Eclipse in April and had to be off by 9.15 our flight was not until 5.30pm so it was along day. We have done the Caribbean with P&O and on there we have stayed on board until 4pm then have been transferred straight to the airport we had a very relaxing day.

I know we all enjoy cruising but I still don't understand why people want to linger on the ship the last morning. You can tell they can't wait to get you off the ship. The entire vibe is totally different.

OMG, I would be so embarssed if they called my name asking me to disembark the ship.

I'll save "Celebrity Cruises" the trouble of cutting and pasting from the website:

"Extend Your Stay

This optional program allows you to extend your cruise vacation, remain onboard and enjoy some of the ship services until 90 minutes prior to the ship's next departure. Complimentary breakfast and lunch in Bistro on Five, non-alcoholic drinks from Café al Bacio, first-run movies, access to the pool, fitness center and select spa services plus lockers in the spa changing room. You'll even have an extra hour in your stateroom. Enroll at the Guest Relations Desk onboard. $59 per adult, $29.50 for children ages 3-12, free for children under 3. Credit cards accepted all day for bar and spa purchases. Available on all European sailings."

I don't think I could do this, I'd feel like I was at a party that I wasn't invited to. Everyone else so excited and ready to enjoy themselves and me wandering around with my going home clothes on and expression to match. I prefer a Celebrity Tour with airport drop off, then take the reality hit when my seapass doesn't work at the bar.

I don't think I could do this, I'd feel like I was at a party that I wasn't invited to. Everyone else so excited and ready to enjoy themselves and me wandering around with my going home clothes on and expression to match. I prefer a Celebrity Tour with airport drop off, then take the reality hit when my seapass doesn't work at the bar.

I absolutely agree with you.

We are among the first off the ship as we do the express debarkation. I don't enjoy those last hours on the ship because the cruise is over. I can't imagine dogging it out somewhere. On our daily it said to vacate the cabin by 8:30.