Your Favorite "Martini Bar" Drink(s)?

need2cruisesoon

f3dc6b06fc5e20844cc88d67fe8e9b1e.jpg

Our favourite place on our Solstice cruise from Auckland to Sydney, November last year. We boarded at 11.30 and our first stop was the Martini Bar and this is where my first photo was taken. The martinis were that good we stayed at the bar till 2.00pm and then went to lunch, and then came back for more every afternoon before dinner and then after dinner. Looking forward to the Martini Bar on the Eclipse in August and will probably skip the special Concierge lunch just to spend more time at this fantastic bar

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I like the sweet dessert ones - chocolate martini, black forest and an off-menu one Creme Brûlée. I had brought in my own personal recipe for Creme Brûlée and the bartender shrugged his shoulders and said he'd make it but he'd also make me *his* version. His was better. Not sure if they all make it but it's good and the surprising ingredient of pineapple juice made it. I figured it used butterscotch schnapps or something but no.

Sunset martini is good and their pomegranate martini is good if they make it a bit sweeter.

My husband always orders their appletini. Says it's better there than anywhere else on the ship.

Mine is the Tanned Russian from the Molecular Bar on the Silhouette. I wonder if they will still make it since it's now going to be the World Class Bar. It sure was delicious with the toasted coconut on the top. :)

My favourite is candied apple yum yum

Surprisingly I like the Blue Martini (usually not a fan of blue drinks) and the chocolate martini's are wonderful too (better than the ones my husband makes)! I immediately bought Hpnotiq upon returning from our last cruise and have tried with limited success to duplicate the ones I enjoyed on the Reflection and Silhouette. White cranberry juice is very hard to find! Looking forward to both drinks aboard the Equinox in September!

Sorry, mine is from Holland America. HAL Tanqueray 10 Signature Martini

Ingredients:

· 1/8 oz. Grand Marinier

· 1 oz. Tanqueray Ten Gin

· 1 oz. Vox Vodka

Garnish: Long, orange twist tied with a loose knot

Preparation: Rinse a pint shaker glass with the Grand Marnier and dump the excess. Fill the glass with ice and measure in gin and vodka. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass. Garnish the rim of the martini glass with the orange twist. Cheers!

I'd just post the menu from the Martini Bar. :D

And I'd add in the Crème Brûlée as well!

We read about this but the bar men at the Martini Bar on Eclipse a few weeks back had ever heard of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favorite is a classic martini. I have it made with Pravda vodka and served with two blue cheese stuffed olives. To make sure I have blue cheese stuffed olives, I bring my own!

On the first afternoon of the cruise, I go to the Martini Bar and get a double shot of Pravda vodka to go. I take it back to the cabin. I take the jar of olives and pour out the brine and pour in the vodka and put the top back on.

On the next visit to the Martini Bar, I ask for the martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. They say they do not have any prepared. At that point, I bring out mine. It always brings a laugh from the bartenders. They will keep the olives just for me in their bar fridge.

We're no fans of sweet drinks. Well, we have been known to have a pina colada or a strawberry daiquiri by the pool. But no sweet drinks in the evenings. Until we sat down at the Martini Bar one night and on a whim I ordered a Banana Split Martini. My wife took a sip and immediately ordered one for herself. Then we ordered more. Wow. It became a nightly ritual.

Surprisingly I like the Blue Martini (usually not a fan of blue drinks) and the chocolate martini's are wonderful too (better than the ones my husband makes)! I immediately bought Hpnotiq upon returning from our last cruise and have tried with limited success to duplicate the ones I enjoyed on the Reflection and Silhouette. White cranberry juice is very hard to find! Looking forward to both drinks aboard the Equinox in September!

I LOVED the blue martini too! and also bought Hpnotiq too! Sadly though; i don't recall exactly what's in it. If you can share, I'd be VERY grateful! (I wrote down the ingredients one night but as I was on my second one, its a bit illegible :)