Basic Poll: Would you report someone smoking on their balcony?

LMaxwell

Would you report another guest smoking on their balcony?  

600 members have voted

1. 1. Would you report another guest smoking on their balcony?

• Yes, I would call Guest Services / Security
    • No, I would not call Guest Services / Security

Did I say you couldn't call GS? Read my posts. If you want to call GS, have at it. I would try another route first....sheesh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Who did I blame???? I said I wasn't bothered by it, but my wife would be. The neighbor complied. I gave a recommendation, I didn't dictate to others they can't call GS. I would own the situation in this case. If others don't want to, whatever winds your watch, have at it

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know when my watch gets wound too tight. I'm already *pissed at the smoke, and I have a tendency to not put up with too much cr*p from people who are making me feel uncomfortable. So, to keep myself from getting kicked off the ship, let security handle it, it's their job not mine. Smell something say something, I have rights too.

I know when my watch gets wound too tight. I'm already *pissed at the smoke, and I have a tendency to not put up with too much cr*p from people who are making me feel uncomfortable. So, to keep myself from getting kicked off the ship, let security handle it, it's their job not mine. Smell something say something, I have rights too.

Sounds like you have anger issues. You let people get into your head that easily that you get that upset and angry that you will resort to what, violence that will risk getting you kicked off the ship? Dude, lighten up, you are on vacation

Edited by First and Ten

Sounds like you have anger issues. You let people get into your head that easily that you get that upset and angry that you will resort to what, violence that will risk getting you kicked off the ship? Dude, lighten up, you are on vacation

Really? So you know me, know all about me, have spent hours and hours with me and you say I have anger issues. No just issues with people blowing smoke in me and DH's face when it's clearly stated that no smoking is allowed on balconies. No violence in me, people don't like to hear the "F" bombs shot at them. Verbal abuse is far better than physical abuse. It's the one receiving it that I worry about. BTW, I hate football First and Ten, it's a violent sport. :D

Really? So you know me, know all about me, have spent hours and hours with me and you say I have anger issues. No just issues with people blowing smoke in me and DH's face when it's clearly stated that no smoking is allowed on balconies. No violence in me, people don't like to hear the "F" bombs shot at them. Verbal abuse is far better than physical abuse. It's the one receiving it that I worry about. BTW, I hate football First and Ten, it's a violent sport. :D

Nothing classier than a lady dropping F bombs, very attractive quality. I have found that when people resort to profanity, it shows their ignorance. Basic lack of communication skills. Your DH has my sincere condolences, he has to deal with your charming personality

Edited by First and Ten

Nothing classier than a lady dropping F bombs, very attractive quality. I have found that when people resort to profanity, it shows their ignorance. Basic lack of communication skills. Your DH has my sincere condolences, he has to deal with your charming personality

I believe I communicated well enough for you to answer me. DH and I have been married for 48 years, I think I have you beat. No lack of communication here - he's more vocal than me! :D

I believe I communicated well enough for you to answer me. DH and I have been married for 48 years, I think I have you beat. No lack of communication here - he's more vocal than me! :D

For 48 yrs, I will give you 2 legit props....a rarity in today's world. Yes you have me beat as far as length....effing good job [emoji3]

Edited by First and Ten

Yes and have. "Gentleman " in the cabin forward of us. Was smoking 4 or 5 times a day. Always sitting with has back against the divider between our balconies. I asked if he good move the other end oh the balcony so we wouldn't smell it. His respond no my wife can't stand the smell and she keeps the door hooked open. If I move to the other end she will get smell inside. So yes since I felt my right not to smell it was equal to his wife's I called and reported it.

Really doesn't matter. On the miracle last year, the guy on the balcony below us was always smoking. I called and reported it, and carnival never did anything about it. He kept on smoking. He was sneaky. I saw the little filter less cigarette cupped in his hand.

Are we back in elementary school? For all that say yes are you going to police the serenity area, the chair hogs and the dress code in the dining room? I just believe either all rules are enforced or none. You simply cannot pick and choose.

I said yes and no, I am not going to police the rest. Those do not pose a fire hazard nor do they endanger my health and that of others.

So yes, I do pick and choose. Safety over nit picking.

we just got off a beautiful cruise in Europe, on Holland America, they allow smoking on their balcony. we never book a balcony on holland, because of the smoking. if I booked a a balcony on carnival, and paid extra to enjoy a balcony I would definitely call gs and report anyone who was smoking. its not fair to others who follow the rules. the rules are there for a reason, and people who break the rules need to be punished, just like children who break the rules face consequences. there is a reaction for your choices.

I will not smoke in my cabin but do on the balcony and if caught would gladly pay the $250 cleaning fee...however that would have been the employees tip fund:cool:

If there is a cleaning fee, when would they do it, and what would they actually clean? Could we watch them do it? (I doubt they do anything) They should just call it a "fine".

The only way I can imagine doing that is if I saw someone tossing butts overboard. No one's life is in danger because of smoking on balconies in general, sailors the world over smoke cigarettes on their ships and boats without burning them down. As far as people flaunting the rule I guess if someone feels a $250 surcharge is worth smoking on their balcony- have at it. I won't be the one to report them though.

Edited by gnocchi_mommy

I thought the response would be much more one sided, considering the number of people who's entire lives are ruined by being on a ship for a few days with people smoking.

Granted I didn't keep up with reading the entire thread, but I have to assume you are being sarcastic.

No, my "life" won't be ruined by people smoking.

But it could ruin a great deal of my cruise - if I paid for a balcony, I should be able to sit on it and enjoy it, and breathe fresh air - and not be choked by the next cabin smoking on theirs. I'm asthmatic and allergic, and it ruins my ability to use the balcony that I paid for. Even if I wasn't, I dislike the smell, and it's very pervasive and does drift over into others balconies.

Unfortunately smoking is one of the activities/vices that does disturb others around you, so it is different.

You can drink, snort coke, dress up as the other sex, pretend to be from another country, fart to your hearts content, sleep upside down in your bed and naked for all I care - just please don't smoke on your balcony!!

[emoji16]

Edited by bubbadogmom

Sure, have at it....the person who was smoking on the next balcony over, I labeled him and his wife "considerate smokers"....they got to indulge in their vice conveniently for them, the wife and I got to enjoy our balcony....win/win....Aqua, let me give you this scenario, you go up to the Serenity Deck, all the lounge chairs are taken. You come back an hour later, same few lounge chairs are there, same towel in same spot on the lounge chair....you calling GS? (Keep me honest, I believe the"rule" is 40 mins, not certain)

If a smoker is smoking in a non-smoking area the last thing I would call them would be "considerate smoker".

If a smoker is smoking in a non-smoking area the last thing I would call them would be "considerate smoker".

Fine, maybe your reaction to being next to them would have been vastly different....we chose to work out a solution that was good for us....why would you care?

Edited by First and Ten

Considering that Carnival probably has other issues besides chasing balcony smokers that they would rather concentrate on and use their resources on, and the likelihood of being caught is very low, I predict that the smoking will continue and there will be an undercurrent of seething among the anti smokers.

I wonder how many calls GS receives daily of someone reporting an illegal smoker? I wonder how many times they roll their eyes while saying "Yes ma'am/sir, we will check that out immediately for you"

Edited by First and Ten

i wonder how many calls gs receives daily of someone reporting an illegal smoker? I wonder how many times they roll their eyes while saying "yes ma'am/sir, we will check that out immediately for you"

sent from my ipad using forums mobile app

Looks like this may be a "rules are made to be followed" versus "rules are made to be broken" or " rules are a mere suggestion" issue. I generally follow the rules with the idea that I have to take others peoples comfort into consideration. Both sides have paid but maybe there are cruise ships where smoking is allowed. Book those and there is no problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder how many calls GS receives daily of someone reporting an illegal smoker? I wonder how many times they roll their eyes while saying "Yes ma'am/sir, we will check that out immediately for you"

This obsession of yours - insulting those who report smoking - is starting to border on insanity. Grow up and accept that most others don't agree with you.