Patter only delivered to staterooms on seadays?? read on

Bababooey Land

what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?  

545 members have voted

1. 1. what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?

• All Days
    • Only on Sea Days
    • who cares, i never read it!

Just back from the Princess Regal and we were given this notice in our stateroom on the first day. I added the notice as an attachment.

This sounds like a cost cutting move on the part of Princess, although they claim its for their environmental program. Personally, I enjoy reading the patter the night prior so I can plan the following day out. The App is cool and works well but I don't think it replaces a hard copy.

I think its great that Princess is trying to better the environment but for me this was a bust.

patter.pdf

If their intent is to save paper...how about fewer sales brochures. We usually get 3-4 pieces of paper daily that go immediately into the trash can. Don't even look at them.:cool:

ditto

We like to save the Patters because when we make our photo album/travelog they help us remember what we did on what day.

Our phones go in the safe for the duration of the cruise, so an app isn't a good replacement for us.

I agree! Give us the patter but forget about all the onboard sales documents (they can list the sales events in the patter anyways!!), and forget about the port shopping advertising brochure showing the companies that have paid big $$ to be included in the brochure but ignoring all the other companies!

If their intent is to save paper...how about fewer sales brochures. We usually get 3-4 pieces of paper daily that go immediately into the trash can. Don't even look at them.:cool:

Ditto! I'd much rather have the Patter than 4 or 5 Art Auction, Spa and sale flyers per night. How about all those photos that get tossed at the end of a cruise?

Penny wise and pound foolish. :rolleyes:

I enjoy sitting in bed at night with a cup of tea and a highlighter and finding things I want to do the next day. Not everyone gets off on port days.

I agree. Keep the daily patter. We use it to plan our day, we read it at night and decide what we want to do, we also put our phones in the safe, only use our tablets for reading. Not a fan of the app. Hope Princess is listening.

Cori

I'm with the others. Keep the Patter and dump the "shopping guides" and all of that kind of useless dreck. ALL of that goes into the trash. I don't need a map to every jewelry store in port. :eek:

To go along with the post about putting your phone in the safe, how about people without smart phones? I know, but Mom is 92 and not going to change. Will Princess start handing out free smart phones for people to use. 100% knock off the sales, spa, port guides, etc and keep the Patters. There's a lot of ports we don't get off in.

Maybe they could at least find a 'happy medium'. Since perhaps many people don't read the paper copy and would be fine with an electronic version, they could at least make paper copies available each day (the night before) at Passenger Services or somewhere...so people could stop by and pick them up, but only if they want them.... ;) Or...maybe the steward could be told at the beginning of the cruise whether or not they are desired and only deliver to those who want them....more for them to keep track of tho, I know....

Geeeeez, what next? Don't mess with the patter! Leave it alone! The patter is useful and needed. How else would you know what time things are happening. The app is so unreliable when it comes to onboard activities I do not even look at it. I doubt Princess would consider eliminating any of the annoying advertising junk mail, which is a lot more paper than the patter. Stupid idea, but that is IMHO and yours may differ.

To prove a point about all the junk mail you get I deliberately leave it in the mail box and won't take it into the cabin. I'm sure if you asked your steward you can still receive a patter.

I'm all about my smartphone but when it comes to cruising I WANT MY PATTER every day! I like to write on it and circle things of interest. I like to put it in my beach bag and take it to the pool, to breakfast, everywhere. You always forget what you had planned in the morning. I don't take my phone around on a cruise, I lock it in a safe. I did use my iPod on my last RCL cruise and was able to access their daily compass and it was neat. But I still used the paper version too. Agree with all the others, stop it with the elaborate mailings about art auctions, port shopping, etc. They go straight to the trash. Those are the things one might go seek out at a desk somewhere since many people don't use or want it.

:D Since everyone (myself included) would like to continue to receive the Patter daily however not the sales flyers why don't they have an area near the Passenger Service desk and pin up the flyers there for all too read?? :D

Or have a pile on a small table near by?:)

:rolleyes: Oh brother, their justification is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I'll be on the Regal next month; if they are still running this silly trial I will not only be picking up the Patter at Customer Service but I will also be bringing them all that useless advertising dreck so they can ease their minds and recycle it.

Come to think of it, I will probably ask DH to pick up a Patter as well, so we both have a copy. Wouldn't it be something if it turns out this 'test' resulted in MORE Patters being printed? LOL.

Since they introduced the Princess@Sea app I've used it but... Not everything from the Patter is included in the app and the descriptions in the app are much less informative. If they want me to exclusively use the app they should improve what is included. They should also fix it so that the dang WiFi connection doesn't drop all the time. I have to constantly reconnect. Sometimes it seems that the Princess IT team must consist of people who failed the Wal Mart greeter course... :eek:

Edited by Thrak

It's on the shipboard intranet.

Is there anyone left who doesn't have a smart phone, tablet, kindle, etc.?

The question is whether we want to Escape Completely, which includes escape from carrying around a smart phone.

We will review the Patter and circle or highlight events of interests, making a folded piece of paper in my back pocket much more use than a internet app.

And yes, I have tried both, and often miss seeing stuff on the app that was of interest to us. After all one has to plan events around eating, swimming, and resting.