Upgrade Fairy anyone?

Haven't heard anything lately about anyone receiving free upgrades from RCCL. We haven't sailed RCCL for a while. Been doing Princess a lot and Celebrity. What are our chances for an upgrade? We are Diamond members. Not that will come into play. We are sailing on the Explorer, Pacific Northwest cruise in Sept.

Edited by LovetheSea

Haven't heard anything lately about anyone receiving free upgrades from RCCL. We haven't sailed RCCL for a while. Been doing Princess a lot and Celebrity. What are our chances for an upgrade? We are Diamond members. Not that will come into play. We are sailing on the Explorer, Pacific Northwest cruise in Sept.

There have been a lot of price reductions on some of those pacific coastal cruises. I would watch prices and look at upgrading yourself if the price drops rather than hoping to get one from Royal.

Slim to none.

...and slim just left town, as they say.

We say "and slim just walked out the door."

I was going to say, "Bob, you are overestimating."

:D

I believe that the Upgrade Fairy is on life-support.

Her step-sister, the Upsell Fairy, is still flitting about.

Cruised on the Serenade in April. Received a free upgrade from balcony to junior suite. I am diamond plus and was sailing solo. Two couples who were table mates, all were diamond plus, also received same upgrade. We were not a group - just cruisers who had requested a large table, traditional dining.

I'm so exited leave from UK in just under 3 weeks and we got the Fairy upgrade from Balcony to JS only our second cruise so well pleased X :)

Hi, how long before you went did you get the upgrade? We sail in just under 6 weeks and I've got my fingers crossed :)

Hope you have a great trip!

I'm so exited leave from UK in just under 3 weeks and we got the Fairy upgrade from Balcony to JS only our second cruise so well pleased X :)

Congratulations, glad to hear the UK fairy is still alive and well.:)

April 30th of 2015 was my one and only. Lots of people booked that cruise and canceled during our roll call. I believe several people canceled in the final days, I was surprised at the pier.

I watched the prices. Within a couple of days after final payment the prices dropped. Knowing RCCL customer service was rather 'inconsistent' I rang a few times until I got the answer I wanted ..... Upgrade to Grand Suite from a JS for no charge :) I was delighted !

Squeaky wheel gets the oil as my mum would say :)

Well, it may be a rare occurrence to have the upgrade fairy make an appearance, but as you say, it happened to you very recently....so it can happen. Highly likely no.....but apparently 'slim' sometimes does show up. LOL

Sorry to hear our odds are not great. We were upgraded several times. On Princess. And Holland. On our last cruise on Celebrity, this spring, we upgraded ourselves to a balcony. Then found out they overbooked the cruise and we were downgraded BY CELEBRITY back to an ocean view a couple of days before the cruise. They did compensate us for our trouble with an onboard credit. But we would have rather had the balcony. Still mad about that.

We got a great deal on this cruise. Have not seen a better deal on it since we booked months ago.

Edited by LovetheSea

I pretty much assumed the upgrade fairy had passed away, and I had missed the

funeral. ;)

Then last February, on what was listed for months as a sold out ship on Serenade,

we were upgraded from D1 direct mid hump location to JS quite far aft of the D1.

Found out several hump D1 cabins were also upgraded. We were all D+.

One Pinnacle with a D1 quite far aft location, did not get an upgrade. He was

not happy. :( I am guessing something about our central location?

The upgrade fairy moves in mysterious ways for sure! :eek: Not sure I will

ever meet her again, but it was nice to know she was still alive at the time. :)

Hi, how long before you went did you get the upgrade? We sail in just under 6 weeks and I've got my fingers crossed :)

Hope you have a great trip!

We only found out last week so 3 weeks before we sail xx

I watched the prices. Within a couple of days after final payment the prices dropped. Knowing RCCL customer service was rather 'inconsistent' I rang a few times until I got the answer I wanted ..... Upgrade to Grand Suite from a JS for no charge :) I was delighted !

Squeaky wheel gets the oil as my mum would say :)

That's amazing ours was complimentary too I most probs have your old JS lol xx

Can I ask a question...do you get crown and anchor points for cruising celebrity since RC owns it??

No, each cruise line keeps their own points. However, there is limited reciprocal recognition of loyalty levels.