No more Carlos Bake Shop!!!!

christinalvt

Does anyone know why they took away Carlos Bake Shop from the Breakaway? I was SO looking forward to the lobster tails, and was very disappointed to find out that it was replaced by a generic bake shop with only overpriced cupcakes and macarons.

Christina

Thanks for the info. Thats not the only thing they took away, also missing were the fireworks, and the chicken pot pie at O'Sheehans ( I asked, they said "menu change". Why would they take away the favorite item?)

"The" favorite item, or YOUR favorite item? I found it to be the worst pot pie I'd ever had in my life, but tastes vary, I guess.

Didn't NCL decide to cut ties with Buddy after multiple arrests or something? If so, good riddance.

"The" favorite item, or YOUR favorite item? I found it to be the worst pot pie I'd ever had in my life, but tastes vary, I guess.

Didn't NCL decide to cut ties with Buddy after multiple arrests or something? If so, good riddance.

Yeah, that must have been it. How many times did Zakarian and Blue Man Group get arrested?

The food is better at Ocean Blue after they parted ways with Zakarian.

What's wrong with Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?

Not true, they removed the coconut from the mussels and they are "eh" now. They also changed the recipe of the Jonah crab risotto not for the better. Whoopee they put more steak on the menu, I don't go to a seafood restaurant to order a steak or chicken.

I thought it was pretty good, but I was referring to the many CCers who raved about it before I ever tried it. Seemed like it was a favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just looks like they did away with most things that they would need to pay to be using the name. So I am a bit surprised the Margaritaville's are still around.

I have to say I never had the chicken pot pie, my daughter always used to love the cheese sticks you could get, which I believe are gone now.

The old menu for Ocean Blue was horrible IMO. They didn't have a single dish I would have wanted to order. Now they have lots of things I would try and we have a night booked on our upcoming cruise.

A picture is worth a thousand words - here's what the Bake Shop look like 2 months ago when I did the Semi Live Update back in May. Empty shelves and not much to sell, fitting for the slogan of No Customers Left.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160527/f6f4a4587a38a5f56479077d619a834e.jpg

Well, speaking of Ocean Blue, they finally got rid of Peking Duck ... well, it swim so they figured it's fine to be part of the short seafood menu selections.

OSH's Chicken Pot Pie was too watery for my taste and can't say we are fans of the new replacement pie.

You can be sure that NCL will be selling other things onboard out of that little space ... things like bottled water, juices, etc. using self-service kiosk and (ding, ding) NCL Bakery, a premium selection, for your convenience.

I read that they were having trouble providing the cakes and pastries to the ship. I read that some of the supplies were moldy and unsaleable. That is just what I read, not my first hand knowledge.

Edited by JAMESCC

Might be a good thing!?! I recently had the pot pie on the Pearl and it was AWFUL. It had a pasty and sugary sauce; nothing like I had previously on other ships and loved it.

Thanks for the info. Thats not the only thing they took away, also missing were the fireworks, and the chicken pot pie at O'Sheehans ( I asked, they said "menu change". Why would they take away the favorite item?)

Dolce Gelato was (is ??) still on the Breakaway - didn't check them out.

NCL ships has its own extensive gallery operations and hundreds of chefs, and years ago - they had excellent & creative pastry chefs that can prepare & come out with excellent variety of sweets, not just in specialty but in the MDR's. Lately, perhaps, not so much - but the oven and the ingredients are all onboard - it really comes down to their skills in baking it fresh & presenting it. Take that over anything frozen, days old & prepared on dry land ... it's just that simple. :p

NCL is trying it's best to get as many people as possible upset.

How are they doing?

Bill

I used to like the pot pie (although it could be a bit variable, had a couple that weren't very good). However, menus change. There's always other things to order.

My son had a few of the Carlos cakes, and also had one from the Epic last month (not Carlos and more). He seemed quite happy with what he had. I have to say that it looked better to me, but I'm no expert on cakes.

Edited by KeithJenner

When we were on Getaway a couple of years ago we enjoyed some peanut brittle that we had to pay extra for and a flavored coffee at a small shop just off the atrium where they run movies...was that Carlos or an NCL Coffee cafe? I don't remember?

Blue Man Group had been there for five years. They were past due for a new act.

Then why haven't they changed the entertainment on the other ships? Why does the Gem still have those stale dance shows that look like they were

? Why is Rock of Ages still on the Breakaway?