Future Cruise Certificates

Both DH and I each have FCCs from our Harmony cruises.

My TA has applied his, but when I tried to apply mine ( which is for a higher value) to the same booking, she has been told only one FCC can be applied to a booking?

Their exact phrase was "certificates are not stackable"

Is this right?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

My TA has applied his, but when I tried to apply mine ( which is for a higher value) to the same booking, she has been told only one FCC can be applied to a booking?

Is this right?

Thanks

Sounds like total and complete nonsense to me.

I assume that the two of you were roommates on the Harmony cruise. You together received compensation for that cruise. You now want to cruise together on this next cruise.

It would be absurd for RC to consider this somehow "combining" or "stacking".

Sounds like total and complete nonsense to me.

I assume that the two of you were roommates on the Harmony cruise. You together received compensation for that cruise. You now want to cruise together on this next cruise.

It would be absurd for RC to consider this somehow "combining" or "stacking".

A bit confused by your answer...isn't a FCC (Future Cruise Certificate) like a NCC (Next Cruise Certificate) or are they completely different. :confused:

A bit confused by your answer...isn't a FCC (Future Cruise Certificate) like a NCC (Next Cruise Certificate) or are they completely different. :confused:

COMPLETELY different.

NCC - Next Cruise Certificate : You buy it and use it once you decide which cruise you wish to book. (also known as VIRTUALLY USELESS these days)

FCC - Future Cruise Certificate : There was a problem on your cruise. Royal Caribbean apologizes and begs you to show forgiveness by giving you a FCC for a certain percentage of your current cruise.

When you see horrible things like the Anthem going through that storm in February, and read that everyone is getting their entire cruise fare back, plus a 50% FCC, that means that each cruiser gets a certificate for 50% of the cruise FARE that was paid on the current cruise. You can then use that to pay for any cruise of your choice, within certain time parameters.

Both DH and I have one applied to our cruise in October booked with a UK TA.

We applied it after the making the initial booking which had a discount from the TA and they told us we may not get the full amount as it would cut their commission, in the end though the invoice did show the full amount and we've just paid the balance.

Is it a UK TA, maybe they are reluctant because they think they may lose out.

Julie

Thanks for the clarification......Also under what circumstance were they giving out FCC's for onboard HOTS ?

Thanks for the clarification......Also under what circumstance were they giving out FCC's for onboard HOTS ?

We got a 30% FCC as compensation as the toilet in our suite kept over filling and flooding the bathroom. We reported it to guest relations when it first did it, they said it was fixed and all sorted, day 2 it happened again, again we reported it, they said it was fixed. Day 3 same thing.. anyway, we were offered it (we didn't ask for any sort of compensation) as a good will gesture hoping for our forgiveness!! It worked :)

We got a 30% FCC as compensation as the toilet in our suite kept over filling and flooding the bathroom. We reported it to guest relations when it first did it, they said it was fixed and all sorted, day 2 it happened again, again we reported it, they said it was fixed. Day 3 same thing.. anyway, we were offered it (we didn't ask for any sort of compensation) as a good will gesture hoping for our forgiveness!! It worked :)

Very nice gesture :)....I guess we've been lucky (to date) and haven't had any but a few small problems that were handled quickly and not repeated. Enjoy that FCC :)

Because the ship wasn't finished!

50% back on my 1st cruise and 25% back on my second!

My TA is in the USA. She has requested that it is applied again....

Because the ship wasn't finished!

50% back on my 1st cruise and 25% back on my second!

My TA is in the USA. She has requested that it is applied again....

Are you by chance trying to use both FCC's for 1 cruise. Agree with everyone else that both individuals should be able to use the 50% FCC on the same cruise but if you are trying to get both individuals to use the 50% and 25% FCC's on the same cruise I can see why they said that they were not stackable. AFAIK you can only use 1 FCC per person per cruise.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Is this right?

Thanks

Are you by chance trying to use both FCC's for 1 cruise. Agree with everyone else that both individuals should be able to use the 50% FCC on the same cruise but if you are trying to get both individuals to use the 50% and 25% FCC's on the same cruise I can see why they said that they were not stackable. AFAIK you can only use 1 FCC per person per cruise.

I would like to know these specifics, too, but I don't agree that you can't use two FCCs from two cruises on one future cruise. It doesn't say that on the certificate.

Update; the FCC has been applied but not the correct value!! The FCC was worth around $312 and they have only deducted $180!!!!

It really should not be this difficult [emoji53]

Hi L , we used a FCC recently on a paid up cruise booked via US TA.

The original TA OBC with the booking was reduced. Did you have OBC ? Have they kept the OBC at full value?

As an aside, we had another FCC from the Navigator TA as our cabin was flooded. There was ongoing pipework replacement in the corridors. When they turned the water back on we had water coming in both sides of the cabin from the ceiling!

As we had a full calendar and the FCC only had a 12 month validity I e.mailed C&A asking if the Dollar FCC from the cruise which had been booked in the USA could be converted to Sterling and applied to one of our cruises booked in the UK. No problem.

Edited by heatherb1958

Update; the FCC has been applied but not the correct value!! The FCC was worth around $312 and they have only deducted $180!!!!

It really should not be this difficult [emoji53]

Wow, curious to know how they explain that.:confused: