Fed Up

rvmike

with 27 cruises we are fed up. Price drops of 25% but they cannot help you if your booked, no enforcement of the rules, services dropped, food ?. I could go on but you get the picture. time to spend more time in the motorhome and save some bucks and see the good old USA

with 27 cruises we are fed up. Price drops of 25% but they cannot help you if your booked, no enforcement of the rules, services dropped, food ?. I could go on but you get the picture. time to spend more time in the motorhome and save some bucks and see the good old USA

It sounds like it may be the best plan for you... enjoy motoring around the US, much fun to be sure..

Thank you for sharing, most will understand.

We have enjoyed many tours of your beautiful country, ending some of them with a leisurely cruise.

We have always mixed our cruising vacations with land tours and indeed love visiting the many beautiful and historic sights of our own country.

Enjoy your cruising break, I am sure you will return in the future refreshed and once again enthusiastic about the positives of cruising.

Sincere best wishes.

I enjoy cruising very much but also love land holidays where you can really explore a region rather than just drop in for a day.

Maybe if you have a break from cruising you will enjoy them again in the future.

Enjoy your vacations whatever you decide to do

It's all about choices. Enjoy.

You've made a personal choice that I hope works out for you, but why bring this to Cruise Critic? How is this tread helpful to cruisers? You sound as if you're experiencing "cruise burnout" and I understand that.

Personally, I believe that threads like this should be eliminated from Cruise Critic since they only create anger, negative comments and are of no help to new cruisers.

My guess is that the OP got it off their chest and will not return to this thread.

You've made a personal choice that I hope works out for you, but why bring this to Cruise Critic? How is this tread helpful to cruisers? You sound as if you're experiencing "cruise burnout" and I understand that.

Personally, I believe that threads like this should be eliminated from Cruise Critic since they only create anger, negative comments and are of no help to new cruisers.

My guess is that the OP got it off their chest and will not return to this thread.

Again Orator your reply is on the mark. I always look for you comments as they are truly factual. Hope you on are on the May 26 Equinox cruise.

Larry B

I am in the opposite "boat" to that of the OP. I have had the good fortune of seeing 49 of the 50 states in one form or another, and doing many foreign land vacations. I was able to convince my wife to try cruising a few years ago and she is now hooked. We are looking forward to many years of cruising.

Edited by Tommy3putts

I don't see the need for a lifetime choice when planning the next trip: cruise some, tour some. Nor the "need" to be loyal to a particular cruise line and then feel hurt when they make changes -- you have the ability to try other lines and see if they fit your needs. We have loved each of our cruises, but next year we are planning a walking tour of Italy -- figuring we should do more active trips now while our health permits. But that doesn't mean we have turned our backs on cruising.

I am in the opposite "boat" to that of the OP. I have had the good fortune of seeing 49 of the 50 states in one form or another, and doing many foreign land vacations. I was able to convince my wife to try cruising a few years ago and she is now hooked. We are looking forward to many years of cruising.

We have not visited that many States, but so enjoy not doing the driving and cooking thing anymore too.:D

This board has a few posters that deal with any voicing of criticism or discontent with Celebrity as though you were personally insulting them or their mother. Their snarkiness amazes me. It's like little kids that say, "If you don't want to play by our rules, go somewhere else."

Venting one's frustration should not result in insulting condescension.

When you start feeling burned out on cruising and trying a new cruise line doesn't relieve that feeling, it's time to stop for awhile. Take a break. That's what's great about life - you have a variety of choices! Each one comes with a totally different experience.

Most people go back to cruising eventually, but some don't. You may be in the later group and that's okay. ;) Drive safely and watch out for moron drivers. :D

This board has a few posters that deal with any voicing of criticism or discontent with Celebrity as though you were personally insulting them or their mother. Their snarkiness amazes me. It's like little kids that say, "If you don't want to play by our rules, go somewhere else."

Venting one's frustration should not result in insulting condescension.

Not even ONE of the comments were snarky , (except for maybe yours.)

Not even ONE of the comments were snarky , (except for maybe yours.)

There have been some appropriate deletions by our Host. I saw the posts before they were removed and felt compelled to stand up for the OP. I did say a "few posters". They were the authors of the deleted posts.

There have been some appropriate deletions by our Host. I saw the posts before they were removed and felt compelled to stand up for the OP. I did say a "few posters". They were the authors of the deleted posts.

OK then, never mind!

IMHO I appreciate price drops because I can cruise more often and IMO

I believe I am still getting good value for the money.

I always think of our first cruise. We paid $1800 p/p for an O\V cabin for a 7 day cruise from NY to Bermuda. And that was 26 years ago ! What would that be in today's money? You get a whole lot more for your money these days comparitively.

Besides, my driveway isn't big enough to fit an R\V. Just drive safe on your trips.

I don't see the need for a lifetime choice when planning the next trip: cruise some, tour some. Nor the "need" to be loyal to a particular cruise line and then feel hurt when they make changes -- you have the ability to try other lines and see if they fit your needs. We have loved each of our cruises, but next year we are planning a walking tour of Italy -- figuring we should do more active trips now while our health permits. But that doesn't mean we have turned our backs on cruising.

Totally agree.

I'll never get tired of "The sail away moment"

It is sheer bliss for me and I get as excited as a kid at Christmas.

I think cruises are very good value, when you think what's included, accommodation, superb service, all meals and snacks, and drinks if you have a beverage package.

LOVE IT xx

IMHO I appreciate price drops because I can cruise more often and IMO

I believe I am still getting good value for the money.

I always think of our first cruise. We paid $1800 p/p for an O\V cabin for a 7 day cruise from NY to Bermuda. And that was 26 years ago ! What would that be in today's money? You get a whole lot more for your money these days comparitively.

Besides, my driveway isn't big enough to fit an R\V. Just drive safe on your trips.

Our first cruise on Celebrity was on the Mercury in 2004. It was a 10 day Mexican cruise in an ocean view cabin, we paid about $600 p.p. Our second to last cruise was the 13 day Transatlantic on the Silhouette, this past April. We paid about $600 p.p. for a 1A balcony. If we could, we'd do the Mercury cruise again but not the Silhouette. We can't think of one thing that was better on the Silly, that includes food, entertainment, and service.

LOL -- the only thing that I hate more than flying is driving! But, I am more than willing to do either, to get to my favorite transportation mode: a cruise ship. :p

And, to the OP -- we all get a little 'fed up', 'cruised out'... or whatever you want to call it, from time to time. Sometimes the answer is a different cruise line, and sometimes (maybe in your case) it's just finding another mode of travel. Either way, as another poster said: Happy Trails to You....":cool: