Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

How bizarre. Is this one of those anachronistic laws meant to protect some other industry?

The Jones Act (cargo) and Passenger Vessel Service Act, were originally enacted to keep foreign flagged vessels from doing business within the US. There may be something similiar in Canada.

Chengkp75 has posted many times on the Cruise Critic boards about this law, and explains it much better than I ever could. You can search Jones Act and PVSA to find many threads about this.

6 nights on 5/8/18

Nassau, St Maarten, and St Thomas. Ending in San Juan

And no, she is not required to hit the ABC islands because she is ending in San Juan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought it was 5/6 for 6 nights.

FLL, Bahamas, Seaday, Seaday, St M, St T, SJU

Unless they move Oasis to Saturday it won't work. A 9/5 schedule leaving on Saturday puts her back in PC on a Monday. I think.

To further complicate, if they leave on Sunday, they get back on Tuesday and that would affect Anthem an Grandeur port calls.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

How about AD to FLL instead??

What if they wanted to send Jewel to Norfolk?

Too close to home....Bob

Not good for my addiction.

Cruisers Anonymous.....anyone?

I love a few days in warm Florida or San Juan before a cruise.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Freedom question.....

Have not been on Freedom since its first revenue sailing in June 2006. So don't remember much about it and definitely have not paid attention to any "revitalization". Does it now have Suite and CL or just CL? Where is the CL / Suite Lounge(s) located?

Thanks.

Freedom question.....

Have not been on Freedom since its first revenue sailing in June 2006. So don't remember much about it and definitely have not paid attention to any "revitalization". Does it now have Suite and CL or just CL? Where is the CL / Suite Lounge(s) located?

Thanks.

Just the CL which is deck 10, near the aft set of elevators.

Freedom question.....

Thanks.

Sadly, on our Jan, 2017 cruises it was still 'inside' lounge on deck 10.

I still haven't received a confirmation email from RC on the cruise I booked on the first day bookings opened up for Symphony. Has anyone received an email?

Call Royal and they will email it to you while on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't received a confirmation email from RC on the cruise I booked on the first day bookings opened up for Symphony. Has anyone received an email?

Call the main reservation number and use the automated confirmation system, the e-mail will appear instantly. See this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52499837&postcount=254

That would be fantastic....Royal Caribbean might be able to get a good deal now that Carnival has announced that it will no longer be sailing from Norfolk.

"Good Deal"

Norfolk would probably pay Royal!

Instead of Royal charging us port fees we would get a credit.....

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Did you book online or by phone? Mine shows $122 CAD a person so doesn't match the $63.48 or $130 numbers you mention. I can't do a mock booking to see what it is showing as the page keeps blanking out on me for Symphony. :(

The $63.48 or $130 numbers are in USD currency. In CAD currency is $84 pp.

I used an existing booking and switched to Symphony TA on Mar 8. The taxes were $172CA pp yet the website shows $84CA every time I did a mock booking in the last 2 days. So I called RCI yesterday. The agent acknowledged the taxes discrepancy and corrected from $172CA to $84CA pp. That's $176CA difference! At first the agent explained that the taxes were different due to my previous cruise booking but I countered back that "the cruise fare can change but not the taxes. Taxes should reflect the current sailing, not the previous sailing." That got through to the RCI agent.