Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I found this to be true with the JS on opening morning too. I was on the phone at 8:30 (Miami time) and was told that there were J4 available for 2 but not J3. I was looking for an aft balcony and 5 out of the 7 aft JS on deck 8 are J3 (3/4 occupancy). I then asked about aft balcony cabins. Of the 9 aft cabins on deck 7 three are 4B (2 occupancy) and 6 are 3B (3/4 occupancy).

Today there are 25 3B and 15 1B cabins on deck 7 available.....including one on the aft but they are all for 3/4 person occupancy. Cat 1B is $200pp more than 3B. With this change in categorization in addition to making it harder to book it's also making it harder to change cabin location as there are 2, or more, categories with different pricing for JS and Balconies. If, and when, they release the 3B and 1B cabins the price will be much higher than it was on opening day.

I know that RCI wants to maximize their cabin category pricing structure, but holding back cabins when there is a big demand, especially since they don't seem to be selling to higher occupancy, seems short-sighted. I think we all saw this coming, and these Vision sailings are Exhibit A. You're right, if and when they are released after a certain number of days, the price will be higher.

I know that RCI wants to maximize their cabin category pricing structure, but holding back cabins when there is a big demand, especially since they don't seem to be selling to higher occupancy, seems short-sighted. I think we all saw this coming, and these Vision sailings are Exhibit A. You're right, if and when they are released after a certain number of days, the price will be higher.

I will say this. They were doing that on Freedom TA this fall, and someone in our group called corporate or someone, citing that rooms on a TA infrequently have three in a room, and I imagine a PC cruise is the same, anyway for Freedom it was changed then, and two could book those rooms.

When Symphony sailings and the Serenade TA were released it was the same. For Serenade many of the hump balconies and the two aft JS were not able to be booked by 2 guests. When they realized the higher occupancy cabins would probably not be booked by 3/4 guests they released them. Since they were a different category.....and now were at a much higher price....you couldn't transfer to them. So many loyal cruisers who booked on day 1 were out of luck trying to get their preferred location. So much for loyalty.

Is that much different than someone holding on to a cruise they probably won't take until you make up your mind. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

When Symphony sailings and the Serenade TA were released it was the same. For Serenade many of the hump balconies and the two aft JS were not able to be booked by 2 guests. When they realized the higher occupancy cabins would probably not be booked by 3/4 guests they released them. Since they were a different category.....and now were at a much higher price....you couldn't transfer to them. So many loyal cruisers who booked on day 1 were out of luck trying to get their preferred location. So much for loyalty.

We are wait listed for a JS on Serenade TA. No contact from Royal yet.

We are wait listed for a JS on Serenade TA. No contact from Royal yet.

I have never once been contacted by RCI for a wait-listed cabin. I have had better luck monitoring for a cabin myself and then contacting my TA (when I am booked through a TA) immediately when I see one open up. I monitor for it on a European agent's website which cannot be mentioned here. I haven't tried doing that since the recategorization, though. It may be more difficult. I think it is ridiculous that they are restricting 3/4 occupancy cabins on a cruise that will most likely have few children, though.:rolleyes:

I have never once been contacted by RCI for a wait-listed cabin. I have had better luck monitoring for a cabin myself and then contacting my TA (when I am booked through a TA) immediately when I see one open up. I monitor for it on a European agent's website which cannot be mentioned here. I haven't tried doing that since the recategorization, though. It may be more difficult. I think it is ridiculous that they are restricting 3/4 occupancy cabins on a cruise that will most likely have few children, though.:rolleyes:

Good to know

Neither have we.

Not only have I not been called by RCL for a wait listed cabin, I found out on the roll call that the cabin that I was wait listed for was given to someone else (a person that was NOT on a wait list for it)

Not only have I not been called by RCL for a wait listed cabin, I found out on the roll call that the cabin that I was wait listed for was given to someone else (a person that was NOT on a wait list for it)

The wait list is a joke.:rolleyes:

Dang. The Panama trip just released the triple rooms to doubles.. your new low price for 2 = $9874 for a balcony. I'm three cabins away from aft and got in at $5400 just four days ago for the same 3B cabin.

NC head here on the Radiance said that RC finally released the balconies that they were holding for triple/quad occupancy. They were finally convinced that this is stupid: there are not gonna be a lot of families booking these cruises! :o

But she also said that balconies now cost as much as JS did when the cruise came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are now more Vision balcony cabins available for the Panama Canal sailings.

Not on the 11/29 sailing, at least that were visible to me on another website. I did see a whole lot of balconies on the 11/13 sailing this morning.

Dang. The Panama trip just released the triple rooms to doubles.. your new low price for 2 = $9874 for a balcony. I'm three cabins away from aft and got in at $5400 just four days ago for the same 3B cabin.

If you want to switch cabins, same category, it shouldn't cost you anything. I realize all the aft balconies are gone, at least they do not show as available when I check.

This whole PC deployment on Vision was a mess. JMO

Still waiting for Australia to be released....

skeleton_by_jeremyrocks-d7immvq.jpg

Tuesday, Tuesday! Not long to go.

The time waiting as now caused me to find more Royal Itineraries that I'm interested in. Once Tuesday comes I'm booking 4!

Tuesday, Tuesday! Not long to go.

The time waiting as now caused me to find more Royal Itineraries that I'm interested in. Once Tuesday comes I'm booking 4!

Are we thinking Tuesday they'll open for both AUS and NA? Won't that have those of us in NA booking a day after those in AUS or do I have the whole dateline thing confused?

Are we thinking Tuesday they'll open for both AUS and NA? Won't that have those of us in NA booking a day after those in AUS or do I have the whole dateline thing confused?

Royal Caribbean have Tuesday 16th listed on all Australian material and my local TA has also said Tuesday 16th.

So that will be Monday (probably late Monday) for North America.