Carnival Corporation Produces Three TV Shows Centered On Cruising

Boytjie

"Some of your favorite cruise lines owned by Carnival Corporation --Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Cunard and Seabourn, among them -- will soon be the backdrop for three original TV shows that will air on Saturday mornings on major networks this fall.

Three original TV series, developed by the company, will focus on the experiences around cruising and ports around the world. The shows debut October 1 on ABC, NBC and The CW and will feature all 10 of the company's brands.

Judging from the "sizzle reels" that Carnival Corporation sent out, the shows will use personalities to explore cruise ports around the world, and cool things that you can do on a cruise. One show follows the concept of providing cruises to families who are stressed or in need a break."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7240&UTM_Source=Social&UTM_Medium=Facebook&UTM_Campaign=Cruise

Edited by Boytjie

"Some of your favorite cruise lines owned by Carnival Corporation --Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Cunard and Seabourn, among them -- will soon be the backdrop for three original TV shows that will air on Saturday mornings on major networks this fall.

Three original TV series, developed by the company, will focus on the experiences around cruising and ports around the world. The shows debut October 1 on ABC, NBC and The CW and will feature all 10 of the company's brands.

Judging from the "sizzle reels" that Carnival Corporation sent out, the shows will use personalities to explore cruise ports around the world, and cool things that you can do on a cruise. One show follows the concept of providing cruises to families who are stressed or in need a break.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7240&UTM_Source=Social&UTM_Medium=Facebook&UTM_Campaign=Cruise

It's quite fascinating how YouTube is having such an influence on consumers and brands. I'm sure many of us have reviewed YouTube vlogs for years about different cruise lines, ships, destinations, reviews etc. They sure help make it easier to tune into the type of cruise experience you would prefer. We watched a series called Cruise Ship Diaries about Costa which was interesting.

I'm very surprised that they've chosen Saturday mornings. I suppose people will PVR it, but I can't see most adults sitting down to watch TV at that time.

I agree with your comment.

I do appreciate knowing about this. I will look for it.

I think it is a good PR idea. There are many young North American adults that were not exposed to the original "Love Boat" shows. It may make them more aware of the advantages of a cruise vacation. It is my understanding that a "The Love Boat" type show was developed for European audiences. It is believed that the show has helped to stumulate interest in cruising by our European friends.

Edited by rkacruiser

I'm very surprised that they've chosen Saturday mornings. I suppose people will PVR it, but I can't see most adults sitting down to watch TV at that time.

$$$$$ It's paid programming $$$$$

That's why it's Saturday morning, the channels dedicate time for paid programming. :)

v

Judging from the "sizzle reels" that Carnival Corporation sent out, the shows will use personalities to explore cruise ports around the world, and cool things that you can do on a cruise. One show follows the concept of providing cruises to families who are stressed or in need a break."

Thanks for the info. I hope I remember to look ffor the show Saurday morning. :)

I never heard of a 'sizzle reel b efore.

Edited by sail7seas

YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glued to the TV beside my computer on Saturday mornings. I watch Jeff Corwin every week so this will add to my viewing pleasures:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Thanks. Interesting to watch.

Thanks, Peter, for the info.

There are too few shows on TV about travel in general (the Travel Channel seems to be more interested in ghosts) and cruising in particular. Don't care that it is publicity, I'll be watching.

Spot on!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the Jeff Corwin show and it's wonderful! He's on the Veendam and is in Bar Harbor on this episode. I'm hoping he is going on up to Quebec so I can re-live my cruise that I took on the Veendam last summer! :)