RIP Captains club coupons

Tony UK

I'm just going to take some duct tape with me.....my bag is not going to rip!!!!

LOL -- one time, we reinforced our laundry bag with plastic packing tape. I think that, when it comes to stuffing a laundry bag, the room stewards have just about seen everything! :p

LOL -- one time, we reinforced our laundry bag with plastic packing tape. I think that, when it comes to stuffing a laundry bag, the room stewards have just about seen everything! :p

They never come back in one bag though, it's at least 2 :D.

I'm just going to take some duct tape with me.....my bag is not going to rip!!!!

Why do I always read one of these funny comments as I take my first sip of morning coffee....another blouse for the wash (perhaps as well we are not on a cruise at present)!

How do you get 30 items in the bag? The last time we cruised (from my fading memory) I thought we might have been able to get 10(maybe 15??) or so items??

You can do it if its just undies and socks, which is all we usually send anyway.

The website still says:

***Includes 20 items on itineraries with water usage restrictions or up to 30 items on itineraries without water usage restrictions. Water usage restrictions apply on most Alaskan and Baltic itineraries

Of course they rarely get it updated.

On my Sept trip on Solstice there still was 30 pieces for the Elite option, but the "fill the bag for a flat rate" special stated without being ripped.

On the other hand they weren't using the electronic system.

I'd be interested how this shakes out.

The benefits sheet no longer referenced the 30 items. Just the bag. the flat rate option w/o CC benefit was $45 on special toward the end of the cruise.

DW says challenge accepted. Swears she can can fold 30 items (no socks or undies) small enough to fit in that bag. We'll find out next Feb. on Equinox.

Trust me, you can do it, I find a way, I send my work out clothes, DH's tshirts, socks, undies, etc. The bag is stretched to the limit but I get everything in there that I want to get washed.

I guess I was thinking of those and shorts and t-shirts.

I wonder how they define what "fits" in the bag.

If you roll everything up you can get more in the bag. I advise not sending delicate items or favorite shirts because they must toss all the laundry together on very hot or something. After 3 or 4 shirts over a few years came back with holes I only send underwear, socks, t shirts and more robust Pique Polo shirts, jeans, when doing the fill the bag. Dress shirts I use the press coupon but don't have them clean them.

Edited by Charles4515

Glad to hear about the return of the laundry bag challenge!

I start with items of a heavier material tightly rolled in the bottom of the bag, then underwear pushed into corners then t-shirts and shirts, all tightly rolled.

The material bags were much better but a paper bag works well especially if you use 2 ..1 inside another.

Limitations on luggage when flying mean we really appreciate the laundry and dry cleaning perks.

I wonder if anyone has had the experience of cruising (same cabin) with another person who is not Elite? I am Elite and I booked the cruise with the understanding that my cabin mate would receive the same perks etc. Perhaps they will be loaded onto their card too? :rolleyes:

The website still says:

***Includes 20 items on itineraries with water usage restrictions or up to 30 items on itineraries without water usage restrictions. Water usage restrictions apply on most Alaskan and Baltic itineraries

Of course they rarely get it updated.

On my Sept trip on Solstice there still was 30 pieces for the Elite option, but the "fill the bag for a flat rate" special stated without being ripped.

On the other hand they weren't using the electronic system.

I'd be interested how this shakes out.

Hi Orv,

We are boarding the Constellation in a couple hours, I will let you know how it works for us.

Just boarded Reflection for TA. Got our sheets of coupons and printed daily 3 drink coupons for Captains Club Happy hour. No loading on Seapass.

I recall it being stated that they're testing on Equinox and Connie at present. No doubt it will filter through to the other ships in the near future ;).

Just boarded the Reflection yesterday and the Elite/Elite Plus laundry coupons still states the up to 30 items. No different than previously.

The Drink coupons do state that they cannot be used in the Sunset Bar.

Well that's good news about the sunset bar:)

Enjoy your cruise but keep an eye on Wine-O:eek::D:eek:

Well that's good news about the sunset bar:)

Enjoy your cruise but keep an eye on Wine-O:eek::D:eek:

Talked to him last night which was the day that the coupons are not issued. Remember I just said what it said on the coupon.