Funniest Complaints Heard While Cruising

runningtide

Every cruise my kids have a birthday. Or anniversary. Or retirement. We just pick a date, fill it in on the personalizer and viola!

Do you actually take the musical instrument on board with the date filled in on it?

Regards John

On our recent Alaska Cruise on the Ruby Princess out of Seattle the ship ran through the area where the South Bound Current met the North Bound Current which cause the water to be rather choppy. Which made the ship pitch and roll a little.

The Captain came on the overhead speakers stating the numerous passengers had been complaining at the passenger service desk that he had not turned on the Stabilizers. He stated that the Stabilizers were working as intended, however we were cruising at 21 knots so we would not be late arriving at our first port. He then stated that we would soon clear this area and the water would smooth out.

Bob

This just happened on my last cruise. The ship was the Carnival Pride, and they have an activity called "Q And Awesome With Saffie". I am in a similar field to her (she is the Cruise Director) so I wanted to see what she had to say about her job. At the beginning of the seminar, she said "Please keep your questions entertainment-related as I don't know about how other departments are run" (paraphrased). Someone clearly missed this little tidbit of information, and started asking her about the medical billing on board. A perfectly legit question, but she kept saying "I don't know sir, you will have to ask the medical staff, Deck 0 Midship." The person kept asking her this question for the next 5-ish min. Eventually, the staff member next to her said the same thing, which got the questioning to stop.

My funniest ha-ha type question I've heard on the ship: "What time is the Midnight Buffet?"

Another funny one I heard: "Does the crew live on the ship?"

No, but it's a heck of a commute! <bah-dum tsh!>

I think every CD on every cruise line has that in their Top Ten Silly Questions routine.

the right thing done correctly: it must be thickly sliced, it should be applewood or hickory smoked, and it should be cooked to firm consistency without being charred: that properly prepared meat is the baby which should not be thrown out with the bath water which you protest.

Whether thick or thin, crisp or floppy, bacon is correctly cooked if it's the way the person who is eating it likes it. People and tastes vary.

Tom

You can actually taste the difference between ordinary, pre-ground pepper and freshly ground pepper?:o

Tom

Yes, can't you?

Ordinary pepper is usually white pepper finely ground to a powder. It has a distinct taste which I like with some foods, especially eggs, but some purists claim it isn't good.

Some (most) pre-ground pepper is totally tasteless, like the stuff you get in little packets on planes. Grinding releases oils and volatile essences from pepper and other spices. When they have been ground too far ahead of time many of those volatile essences have evaporated.

Freshly ground pepper is usually black peppercorns and, being freshly ground, has all the full flavour of the spice.

yes, can't you?

Ordinary pepper is usually white pepper finely ground to a powder. It has a distinct taste which i like with some foods, especially eggs, but some purists claim it isn't good.

Some (most) pre-ground pepper is totally tasteless, like the stuff you get in little packets on planes. Grinding releases oils and volatile essences from pepper and other spices. When they have been ground too far ahead of time many of those volatile essences have evaporated.

Freshly ground pepper is usually black peppercorns and, being freshly ground, has all the full flavour of the spice.

+1

don

No, but it's a heck of a commute! <bah-dum tsh!>

I think every CD on every cruise line has that in their Top Ten Silly Questions routine.

I like the answer of: "No we helicopter the crew in every day and land the helicopter on a heli-pad that we roll out everyday on the Lido Deck! [emoji28]

Another funny one I heard: "Does the crew live on the ship?"

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

Yes, can't you?

Ordinary pepper is usually white pepper finely ground to a powder. It has a distinct taste which I like with some foods, especially eggs, but some purists claim it isn't good.

No, I don't believe I can. Of course, I've never compared them side by side, so maybe if I did it that way I could. Interesting.

Tom

No, I don't believe I can. Of course, I've never compared them side by side, so maybe if I did it that way I could. Interesting.

Tom

Try it one day but wait until you can get some of the truly tasteless little packets of pre-ground black pepper. Also try it with different foods eg eggs, a tomato based pasta sauce, steak, even a gravy that you've portioned into three and added a different pepper to each one.

That could be a fun thing to do with a bunch of friends.

Kind of like wine tasting, but pepper tasting!

Exactly! Of course, you could always combine it with a wine tasting. Hmmm, what wines would go with pepper? A good Aussie shiraz. Pinot noir. Cabernet Sauvignon. Red zinfandel would go really well. White wines could be a problem though. :D

I once heard a woman complain that she couldn't find the exchange rate from the Dollar to Hawaiian money.

Also, a woman with a balcony was overheard complaining after check in that her balcony overlooked the parking lot and she paid for a balcony to overlook the ocean...the ship hadn't left yet.

This is a fun thread. I read through all 15 pages.

My dad will do this whenever he can get away with it., He sits down in the restaurant (on the ship and on land), and when his food is delivered he will call over the waiter, and say, I can't eat that." The waiter will always get all excited and will ask what's wrong. My dad will respond, I just can't eat this." The waiter will ask how to make this better. What can they do? My dads answer is, "I don't have a fork." The look on the waiters's face is always priceless,

This is a fun thread. I read through all 15 pages.

My dad will do this whenever he can get away with it., He sits down in the restaurant (on the ship and on land), and when his food is delivered he will call over the waiter, and say, I can't eat that." The waiter will always get all excited and will ask what's wrong. My dad will respond, I just can't eat this." The waiter will ask how to make this better. What can they do? My dads answer is, "I don't have a fork." The look on the waiters's face is always priceless,

Doesn't that act get old quite fast for his table mates? That's like tell the same story or same joke at each meal. Heck, I wouldn't even do that.:o

There was a young woman on her first cruise complaining that her 7 day cruise was only 6 days. It could be argued that she was correct.

It could be argued it was actually 8 days. 😁 Say you embark on a Saturday and the cruise ends the next Saturday. 1 Saturday, 2 Sunday, 3 Monday, 4 Tuesday, 5 Wednesday, 6 Thursday, 7 Friday, 8 Saturday. 8 day cruise!