Princess ID Cards

sennertd

Not strange at all. It was on a lanyard around his neck, instead of just showing it to me (which would have been just as obnoxious) he extended his arm in my direction to make sure I could admire the full glory of his black elite card). I was the only object of the gesture. The look on his face said it all he was angry that I would even think of speaking to him. :rolleyes:

Hahaha! I think I would have tried my best to further annoy the snob!

I didn't realize anyone ever criticized people who wear their cards on lanyards. I have always done that because then I don't have to wonder where I left it and don't have to worry about carrying a purse or wearing something with pockets. If I don't want it to show I simply tuck it inside my top.

There is a very vocal group that has decided that if you are wearing a lanyard your first and foremost reason for doing so was to make sure everyone sees you have a "black card" thus pushing it down others throats that you are Elite. Like anyone cares. Frankly I don't bother checking out what someones is wearing let alone what they are wearing around their neck.

There is a very vocal group that has decided that if you are wearing a lanyard your first and foremost reason for doing so was to make sure everyone sees you have a "black card" thus pushing it down others throats that you are Elite. Like anyone cares. Frankly I don't bother checking out what someones is wearing let alone what they are wearing around their neck.

So you do not want to be part of the group that tells people what to wear, what to eat, whare to go or even how much to spend. Thank you for being a member og the majority of cruisers.

It's only the cruise "snobs" who are too cool to use a lanyard who will look down their noses at you and your lanyard :) :rolleyes:

...VTX-Al

Really? I don't use a lanyard because I think they look stupid. I don't care what you do. Not snobbery, just personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Really? I don't use a lanyard because I think they look stupid. I don't care what you do. Not snobbery, just personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amen to that. What's even funnier are the people who walk around with the large pouches containing passports, cruise cards, cell phones loose change & who knows what else. :p

Totally agree! Who really cares and are there not more important issues to be concerned with:confused:. We are elite and whenever using our cards and have them in hand or on a counter always turn them over so the color is not showing. I do love seeing the blue cards knowing these people are experiencing their first Princess cruise:)

Edited by Happy2cruise

Mrs Gut uses a lanyard that has a sleeve on the end, it holds her card, her coffee card and that day's Patter.

Gut uses a little notebook (cause Gut normally has a notebook) case that has room for a credit card, leaves his card with his drink sticker poking out, and puts it in his pocket.

See it comes down to whatever works for you.

No idea why so many people get bent out of shape by what others choose to do.

Mrs Gut uses a lanyard that has a sleeve on the end, it holds her card, her coffee card and that day's Patter.

Gut uses a little notebook (cause Gut normally has a notebook) case that has room for a credit card, leaves his card with his drink sticker poking out, and puts it in his pocket.

See it comes down to whatever works for you.

No idea why so many people get bent out of shape by what others choose to do.

Amen to last statement

• 8 months later...
On the Royal and Regal you also need to put your card in a slot just inside your cabin to activate the lights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you use any old card with a strip? Like a used gift card? If I put my cruise card in there I'm likely to forget it.;p

IMHO - Wearing a lanyard in port or keeping your excursion tag on after an excursion can target you as a "rich" cruise passenger - be safe out there

I thought is was all those passengers carrying around their Blue Princess Cloth Tote Bags, acting like they are made by Louis Vuitton, that tags them as a rich cruise passenger in port....:):');p:cool:

Can you use any old card with a strip? Like a used gift card? If I put my cruise card in there I'm likely to forget it.;p

Does not need to be a card. A folded piece of paper will work. Or a business card. EM

I have been wondering how this will work with the new medallions. I know they are advertising "jewelry" to hold your medallion, but not what I am looking to do. I suppose you could get a lanyard that has a plastic "carrier" where you could slip your card in before. I imagine the medallion would fit.

And now back to what the question was :-) Starting this November, some Princess ships are going to a Medallion that takes the place of the old cards. They are supposed to be more interactive. There is lots of information on the Princess website about those and on the boards here. So depending when you are sailing and on what ship, you may get a medallion mailed to you before you even set sail with all the information you would put into your cruise personalizer stored on the medallion. The promise is that this will make boarding easier. Time will tell.

I have high hopes that the medallion will make it a lot better in many ways but time will tell. I imagine there will be some hiccups before they get the bugs ironed out but other cruise lines have already implemented it so hopefully Princess will learn from their mistakes.

Cruise pax who insist on wearing their cruise cards on a lanyard while onshore or carrying the ubiquitous blue bag marks them as a target. This of course is second only to those pax who insist on wearing expensive jewelry while on shore. Both are targets for the not so honest locals. Sometimes it makes me wonder about people's thought processes.

And now back to what the question was :-) Starting this November, some Princess ships are going to a Medallion that takes the place of the old cards. They are supposed to be more interactive. There is lots of information on the Princess website about those and on the boards here. So depending when you are sailing and on what ship, you may get a medallion mailed to you before you even set sail with all the information you would put into your cruise personalizer stored on the medallion. The promise is that this will make boarding easier. Time will tell.

Actually, none of that information is stored on the Medallion.

All the Medallion has is a unique reference number which the ship's sensors can read and then the ship's computers can access the personalizer information which is stored on the ship's computers.

This is similar to hotel room key cards with a stripe. The stripe does not have any personal information such as your name and credit card info. That was stored in the hotel's computers.