No Ice Show Tickets on Liberty and No Diamond Lounge Overflow Area

We just got off Liberty a few weeks ago, and they had no ice show tickets available. We would have had to arrive 30 minutes early, and we didn't bother. We usually love the ice show too. Have they discontinued these tickets on other ships?

We were effectively kicked out of the Concierge Lounge, because they renamed it to the Suite Lounge. Which meant Diamond and Diamond Plus were all stuck in a small Diamond Lounge. To add more frustration, they didn't set up an overflow area. Have the overflow areas been discontinued fleet wide?

We will be on the Liberty next July, are you saying they weren't selling tickets at all. If so this maybe why I am unable to book or it is to early. The overflow area might be for Pinnacle only. We made D two years ago but went 3 times and not at all during our Oct cruise.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Never had to get tickets on any ship

The bars/lounges are overflow on every ship since you have the coupons loaded

Pretty sure all d/+ who booked suites were not kicked out of anything

Edited by setsail

We just got off Liberty a few weeks ago, and they had no ice show tickets available. We would have had to arrive 30 minutes early, and we didn't bother. We usually love the ice show too. Have they discontinued these tickets on other ships?

We were effectively kicked out of the Concierge Lounge, because they renamed it to the Suite Lounge. Which meant Diamond and Diamond Plus were all stuck in a small Diamond Lounge. To add more frustration, they didn't set up an overflow area. Have the overflow areas been discontinued fleet wide?

on LIB the ice show is by muster station. we got a letter telling us when, but IIRC the schedule also told you which muster stations were for which dates/time.

during the latest refurb the CL was indeed converted to a suite/pinnacle only lounge. overflow is entirely up to the Diamond Concierge and the bar Manager and is usually based on number of D and D+ onboard that cruise.

plus all D and D+ have the 3 drink vouchers that can be used almost anywhere else anyway so it is not like you are being cheated out of your free drinks every night.

Pretty much the only things you HAVE to do is go to muster and pay your bills. As for the tickets it certainly is helpful to have one if you don't want to risk being shut out or being stuck with a seat that has a pole in front of it.

on LIB the ice show is by muster station. we got a letter telling us when, but IIRC the schedule also told you which muster stations were for which dates/time.

during the latest refurb the CL was indeed converted to a suite/pinnacle only lounge. overflow is entirely up to the Diamond Concierge and the bar Manager and is usually based on number of D and D+ onboard that cruise.

plus all D and D+ have the 3 drink vouchers that can be used almost anywhere else anyway so it is not like you are being cheated out of your free drinks every night.

It actually depends on what the CD feels like doing. I have been on ships that have been reported as doing what you described but had gone back to using tickets when we cruised.

You missed the entire ice show because of a 30 minute wait? That is a shame.

On our last Freedom and Allure, there were no tickets. We just walked in the night we wanted. There were so many open seats we didn't bother looking for the reserved suite seating.

...this must make you happy! :rolleyes:

Meh. We no longer live in TX so Galveston is no longer an easy access port. We are now 6 hours from Tampa, 1 from Mobile and like 4 from NO. Unfortunately only Tampa has Royal and only a few months of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess that you haven't been on the boards much lately.

The changes to the Concierge Lounge (into a Suite Lounge) have been discussed here ad nauseam for many months now. The Diamond Lounge is still there. The level of crowding is dependent on how many eligible members are on any particular cruise. And as mentioned, you have your three nightly vouchers.

Few if any of the ships now use tickets. It is either first come, first served (seated) or by muster station.

Independence uses tickets for the ice show. For the diamond lounge. The entire olive & twist is the overflow if there is a lot of diamond and above onboard. Transatlantic sailings are magnets for diamond and above I have seen tickets on liberty for the ice shows. They set a box office table up and it is loaded electronically on to your sea pass

I guess that you haven't been on the boards much lately.

The changes to the Concierge Lounge (into a Suite Lounge) have been discussed here ad nauseam for many months now. The Diamond Lounge is still there. The level of crowding is dependent on how many eligible members are on any particular cruise. And as mentioned, you have your three nightly vouchers.

Few if any of the ships now use tickets. It is either first come, first served (seated) or by muster station.

Seems every time we move up a "notch" (just made Diamond +), RCCL decreases the benefits we thought we were going to have.

Seems every time we move up a "notch" (just made Diamond +), RCCL decreases the benefits we thought we were going to have.

You have access to the Diamond Lounge on every ship.

You have access to three vouchers nightly on your SeaPass.

You have access to the Concierge Lounge, on ships that have one. The only ships with a Suite Lounge instead of a Concierge Lounge are Oasis, Allure, Harmony & Liberty.

Where is the diminution?

You have access to the Diamond Lounge on every ship.

You have access to three vouchers nightly on your SeaPass.

You have access to the Concierge Lounge, on ships that have one. The only ships with a Suite Lounge instead of a Concierge Lounge are Oasis, Allure, Harmony & Liberty.

Where is the diminution?

I am referencing the overall decline of "extras" that RCCL use to offer. Things such as individual containers of such things as shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc. that PREVIOUSLY were standard in every cabin. Now, you have to ask for them and then listen to the cabin steward explain how the policy has changed and those items are NOW normally only for suite guests but, they will get them for you. No longer the use of a bathrobe, unless you ask. No ice bucket in room, unless you ask. No midnight buffet, hours in the spa have decreased, on some ships use of the steam room and sauna are extra charges. Charges for room service after certain hours. We have sailed RCCL for 25 years and there has been a significant decline in amenities. None of the "missing" amenities are deal breakers....just an annoyance. The addition of the free liquor is ONLY a benefit if you drink alcohol...not every one consumes alcohol. It seems to me a "cafeteria" plan of amenities might be more equitable where you could choose which amenities you want. Are all the changes "bad" NO....we own stock in RCCL and love to see them make money....when it benefits us. Just my personal opinion.

Edited by OceanKeyes

...No longer the use of a bathrobe, unless you ask. No ice bucket in room, unless you ask...

Sorry, but I certainly don't consider asking your steward when you meet them for these two things a problem in any way. I enjoy chatting with my steward on boarding day, to let him or her know our preferences.

I am referencing the overall decline of "extras" that RCCL use to offer. Things such as individual containers of such things as shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc. that PREVIOUSLY were standard in every cabin. Now, you have to ask for them and then listen to the cabin steward explain how the policy has changed and those items are NOW normally only for suite guests but, they will get them for you. No longer the use of a bathrobe, unless you ask. No ice bucket in room, unless you ask. No midnight buffet, hours in the spa have decreased, on some ships use of the steam room and sauna are extra charges. Charges for room service after certain hours. We have sailed RCCL for 25 years and there has been a significant decline in amenities. None of the "missing" amenities are deal breakers....just an annoyance. The addition of the free liquor is ONLY a benefit if you drink alcohol...not every one consumes alcohol. It seems to me a "cafeteria" plan of amenities might be more equitable where you could choose which amenities you want. Are all the changes "bad" NO....we own stock in RCCL and love to see them make money....when it benefits us. Just my personal opinion.

Over the last couple of years, it seems like RCCL is moving in the wrong direction RE: loyalty and suite perks.

NCL Gold benefits (48 nights) are better than RCCL Emerald (55 nights).

NCL Platinum (76 nights) seem better than RCCL Diamond (80 nights)

Their suite perks seem to be better too.

Whereas just 5 years ago, RCCL always seemed to be a step ahead of NCL.

Is this enough to make me choose 1 over the other? Nah. I still think that overall they are very equal and make my decision according to itinerary and price.

I am referencing the overall decline of "extras" that RCCL use to offer. Things such as individual containers of such things as shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc. that PREVIOUSLY were standard in every cabin. Now, you have to ask for them and then listen to the cabin steward explain how the policy has changed and those items are NOW normally only for suite guests but, they will get them for you. No longer the use of a bathrobe, unless you ask. No ice bucket in room, unless you ask.

I am on the Liberty for the second time in five weeks -- this time in a suite and last time in a balcony cabin. Both cabins had robes in the closet when I boarded, and there was an ice bucket in both cabins. I asked for and received ice twice a day.

Things like that don't really bother me. I think not providing them for people who neither want them or plan to use them is a good strategy to cut waste. I don't like cuts any more than anybody else, but some of these things just don't seem worth losing sleep over.

Got off LOS yesterday. No tickets for ice show, not by muster either. Was first come first served.

No tickets in October or this week. The afternoon show in October never filled up. Today there were good seats left until about 10 minutes before show time when it filled up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently found some of my old cruise docs and we paid about $6 more for a 7 night cruise in an outside cabin on Carnival Holiday in 1989 than we did for our upcoming 9 night cruise in a balcony on Navigator. Yes service levels are dramatically reduced on the mass market lines from what they once were but the other side of that is we can cruise a lot more often now and just choose to pay for the extras that we want. It's a completely different business model now. That premium product you're looking for is out there; just not on this line and it will cost you a lot more to get it.

There were no tickets for show when we were on in April, but the show we went to had plenty of seats available when show started ( we were in suite so we have a reserved area) , most ships have not converted concierge lounge to suite lounge like Liberty has, but surprised there was no over flow area for diamond, diamond area was very small

Correctomundo, they haven't had tickets in years and even when they did, they weren't assigned seats...so you still had to arrive 30 minutes early to get the front row seats!

And, you can get your drinks and canapes in the lounge and take them into Viking Crown. We do it all the time.

Edited by BecciBoo

I recently found some of my old cruise docs and we paid about $6 more for a 7 night cruise in an outside cabin on Carnival Holiday in 1989 than we did for our upcoming 9 night cruise in a balcony on Navigator. Yes service levels are dramatically reduced on the mass market lines from what they once were but the other side of that is we can cruise a lot more often now and just choose to pay for the extras that we want. It's a completely different business model now. That premium product you're looking for is out there; just not on this line and it will cost you a lot more to get it.

Agreed. I would rather pay a bit less to get onboard and ask for or pay for those things I find important. We usually have a note ready for the room attendant of what we would like and either talk with them, or if we don't see them leave the note the first evening. Have never been refused anything we have asked for.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk