[LIVE] From the Serenade of the Seas 2-12 December 2016

Our Cleaning Lady, who is caring for our 2 wieners, 2 cats, and 8 chickens at our home sent a photo of Red Dog coming for her treat after going potty outside. You can see that her tail going 90 mph!

RedDog-01_zpskn5y18s8.jpg

Why did Booty get sent to the kennel while his friends were allowed to stay home with the cleaning lady?

Booty has separation anxiety when we leave her home alone with only the Wieners and the Cats.

She cries (wails) and then runs around the house and tears the place up. She destroys the window blinds. One time we went out to dinner and left her in a large metal dog crate. She tore it up and got out of it. She can open most of the inside doors in the house if they open away from her but she cannot pull one open if it opens toward her.

Luckily she really likes Pet Paradise and the girls there love her to death!

Here is a link to the Palm Coast, FL Pet Paradise. Check out the web cams! You might see Booty.

https://www.petparadiseresort.com/location/palm-coast

The Park Cafe opened at 6 am so I had a light breakfast there and read my book while I ate.

Their Ham, Egg, & Cheese English Muffins are excellent but can be improved by adding some mayonnaise. They can be a bit dry without it.

They also have a deluxe bagel bar, coffee, and juices.

DSCN0266_zpsxfkndrfq.jpg

Judith is still sleeping...

Following along. We will be embarking after you dis embark. We had planned on going to Chops on night one, but will rethink it after your comments.

Our itinerary is slightly different, but will enjoy hearing about your ports.

Safe travels.:)

Rick

We had a couple of less than stellar experiences at Chops several years ago and haven't returned since. I have since been getting my filet at Giovanni's and now I read that it is gone there. I don't know what those people in Miami are thinking, but I'm thinking their actions are going to come back to bite them. [emoji389]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last night we had dinner at CHOPS and we were very disappointed.

Our Steaks were cooked as requested and the flavor was "right" but they were both tough and chewy!

Judith had the 6 Oz Filet

DSCN0263_zpswkglxujt.jpg

I had the 10 oz Filet with Bearnaise Sauce

DSCN0262_zps7qjdlh3j.jpg

The Asparagus and Creamed Corn were both excellent.

DSCN0264_zpsciamw4bu.jpg

We were so disappointed with the steaks that we are going to cancel our second reservation at Chops.

Question: Did you send the tough steaks back for replacements? And if not, how come? Did you even let management know? There's no excuse for tough filets in any steakhouse.

Harvey

Question: Did you send the tough steaks back for replacements? And if not, how come? Did you even let management know? There's no excuse for tough filets in any steakhouse.

Harvey

After our waiter served us he disappeared!

When we finally decided to give up and skip desert he had still not reappeared.

After sitting for about 5 minutes he reappeared and I asked for our check.

He wanted my SeaPass card which I gave him even though I had pre-purchased the dinners from home in advance. When the bill came, it was 0.00 but offered me the opportunity to leave an additional tip which I did not do.

On the way out I had planned to talk with the "manager" but she disappeared too.

I am going back down there later today and I will let them know what I thought of the dinner and cancel our next dinner at Chops.

I will also go bu Guest Services and leave written comments there.

I am going to Giovanni's and check their menu for Lamp and Filet also.

Judith came up and we went to Breakfast in the Windjammer. We ate in the open air dining area at the stern of the ship.

DSCN0270_zpsrmrfm9td.jpg

Judith had Creme of Wheat

DSCN0272_zpspwjqsnvu.jpg

I had a biscuit with gravy and some crisp (cooked just right) bacon. The gravy is always excellent but RCI does not offer true southern biscuits.

DSCN0271_zpsy0jootsk.jpg

He wanted my SeaPass card which I gave him even though I had pre-purchased the dinners from home in advance. When the bill came, it was 0.00 but offered me the opportunity to leave an additional tip which I did not do.

On the way out I had planned to talk with the "manager" but she disappeared too.

I am going back down there later today and I will let them know what I thought of the dinner and cancel our next dinner at Chops.

After reading your comments we are reconsidering booking the 3 night package on the Navigator in February.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very sad to read your review on Chops......This was always a place we looked forward to dining in. In the past we've had outstanding dinners. Just can't figure out what's happened lately as they've continue to raise the price. Sounds like corporate has made a move that will end up back firing on them as this venue becomes vacant :(. Dear management, please stay away from the Park Cafe:p.

Skip

We had planned on eating at Chops twice and Jamie's once on our spring Anthem cruise. After our meal at Chops, we cancelled the second visit and went to Jamie's again. We like steak, but prefer seafood and pasta. I never usually order the same thing in restaurants (I like to change things up), but ordered the same pasta and seafood dish and same dessert both times at Jamies. It's our favorite specialty restaurant. I could make a meal out of the meat plank there; just wish the bread were better (it's thin, dry, bread chips. Blech...).

We're going to try out the steakhouse on our Vista cruise, but still have a year to wait! :eek:

Last night we had dinner at CHOPS and we were very disappointed.

Kathie and Jack did not join us because they have quit going to Chops because they feel that the quality of the food has gone downhill.

Judith had the Mushroom Soup and I had the Onion Soup. Both were Excellent!

DSCN0259_zpsqh8peqsz.jpg

DSCN0260_zpsyfmy132q.jpg

I ordered the appetizer of Pan Roasted Jumbo Scallops. I recall seeing a photo of this on the RCI Web Site when I was making the reservation. It showed 4 large scallops in a long rectangular plate.

Here is a photo of what I was served.

DSCN0261_zpszkgelhnp.jpg

Our Steaks were cooked as requested and the flavor was "right" but they were both tough and chewy!

Judith had the 6 Oz Filet

DSCN0263_zpswkglxujt.jpg

I had the 10 oz Filet with Bearnaise Sauce

DSCN0262_zps7qjdlh3j.jpg

The Asparagus and Creamed Corn were both excellent.

DSCN0264_zpsciamw4bu.jpg

We were so disappointed with the steaks that we are going to cancel our second reservation at Chops.

Those scallops are great tasting though aren't they. You know if you want more than two scallops , you can stipulate that when ordering and they will happily oblige. We did on our last cruise with no problem.

Regarding the steak, How did you have it cooked? Even a filet will get tough if it is cooked too well. On a recent cruise, our dining friends found their filet tough (they had ordered medium well). I had mine done medium and it was very tender.

Hoping your other dining experiences will be great

Loving your review.

Trainman-2 it's great to see you and Judith reporting live again. LOL, I remember the one live review where Yorkvillain made his own "Train Wreck" breakfast sandwich.

I look forward to reading about your journeys this week. I hope you have a great time. :)