Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

VT there is someone on facebook looking at an accessible cabin with the grab bar by the toilet needs to be on the left side. Now the cabins he is looking at are 9927 & 9928. (but I can not find these on deck plan - probably meant 9227 and 9228) Do you have any idea on how to figure that out? So far he has not gotten info back from his TA. I suggested he call Celebrity directly...but thought you might have some ideas. I know the accessible cabins have been a bit of a mystery. My guess... based on looking at regular IV.. is that cabins where the doorway is on the right side would be more likely... but that assumes toilet is in the same location as in a regular Iv cabin...not sure this would be a safe assumption.

Yes, that would probably be 9227 and 9228. It's hard to know where the grab bar is and maybe they can customize it for her. If it were me I would contact them at the number or email below.

This is the link to the X accessibility section of the website:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs/accessibility/accessible-rooms

Customize Your Accommodations

To customize accommodations to meet your specific needs, please complete the special needs form.

For more information, contact our Access Department at (866) 592-7225 (voice), fax (954) 628-9622, send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com, or have your local travel agent or international representative contact us.

Thanks for posting the link. I noticed the top of the IV table doesn't have the two handles that we saw in other cabin photos. I wonder which one it will be. I prefer it w/o the handles so a room service tray might fit on top.

Carole

Great catch - it flips! You can see one handle facing downward if you look hard.

Thanks Lloyd...great shots...my EDGE cruise photo Album will include many of these!

The Magic Carpet casts a big shadow over cabins beneath it when it is elevated,.would not have realized that..

Edited by hcat

I am wondering if my camera battery charger will fit into the Ugly Electric Box????

The camera battery pops into a square plastic charger port that plugs into a reg elec socket..about 2 inches by 3 or 4 inches and 1 in high...

Was wondering if there is a plug near the desk lamp that might work?

I am wondering if my camera battery charger will fit into the Ugly Electric Box????

The camera battery pops into a square plastic charger port that plugs into a reg elec socket..about 2 inches by 3 or 4 inches and 1 in high...

Good point about some of the plug-in chargers. Or plug-in outlet expanders. The Ugly Box causes size limitations. A corded power strip without surge protection would be a solution but it is a risk getting it through security. It is 50:50 if they will allow it or not. The ones with surge protection are not allowed.

You might contact Celebrity directly and ask. If it will not fit, perhaps Celebrity could provide approved extension cords to those who have this issue. Someplace in this thread there is a close up photo of the box.. perhaps you can eyeball it to get an idea if you think it will fit.

You might contact Celebrity directly and ask. If it will not fit, perhaps Celebrity could provide approved extension cords to those who have this issue. Someplace in this thread there is a close up photo of the box.. perhaps you can eyeball it to get an idea if you think it will fit.

Kearney, what are the "approved extension cords"? Are these approved by Celebrity? :D Or are these some mason society made, with secret signs that allow them to pass through security?

(But seriously, I've never used extension cord on any of S class ships, and I am afraid I have to get one now, particularly since all my appliances/chargers do have a dreadful three prong Singapore/UK plug that eats ton of space...)

The libraries on my "X" cruses never impressed me. It was a great area but the books seemed an afterthought. Most looked as though they were either from thrift stores or left by prior guests. Cunard is serious about their libraries, especially on QE2. But don't forget, most QE2 cruises are 7 sea days and folks need something to pass the time. There were nice libraries with librarians on Holland America. However, those libraries were sponsored by the New York Times. Regent also has some small but nice libraries with current books. But they're a luxury line.

If "X" isn't going to make a real investment in libraries, put the space to better use.

Some of the books a bit higher up are definitely just for show - the sort of books that only 20 people on the entire planet would be interested in (and then not on holiday) - heavy old academic text books - a study of thimble making in Southern Ecuador, Accountancy theory and practice in Berlin in 1923 that sort of stuff

I think many of those books are simply to fill the shelves and make it look like a library. I always head to the paper backs that previous passengers left behind. But it is a nice quiet place to read when you aren't in the mood for music or dancing down in the atrium... which is nice... but sometimes I want to get out of my cabin and find a comfy chair to read.

Kearney, what are the "approved extension cords"? Are these approved by Celebrity? :D Or are these some mason society made, with secret signs that allow them to pass through security?

(But seriously, I've never used extension cord on any of S class ships, and I am afraid I have to get one now, particularly since all my appliances/chargers do have a dreadful three prong Singapore/UK plug that eats ton of space...)

When we sail, we tell Celebrity that we have a CPAP and they provide an extension cord. So I assume that they keep some cords that they find acceptable.

Some of the books a bit higher up are definitely just for show - the sort of books that only 20 people on the entire planet would be interested in (and then not on holiday) - heavy old academic text books - a study of thimble making in Southern Ecuador, Accountancy theory and practice in Berlin in 1923 that sort of stuff

I wonder how I missed these titles! :cool:

bon voayge

About reading on a cruise

I think many of those books are simply to fill the shelves and make it look like a library.

I always head to the paper backs that previous passengers left behind.

But it is a nice quiet place to read when you aren't in the mood for music or dancing down in the atrium... which is nice...

but sometimes I want to get out of my cabin and find a comfy chair to read.

Took Infinite Jest, by David Foster Wallace, on one of our last TransAtlantic cruises...

just because my son-in-law said he could only make it (read) through the first 300 pages.

I "made it through " 100 pages. Me thinks the ocean waves intruded.:p

Still about 895 pages to go.:cool:

David Foster Wallace

This Is Water

Edited by $hip$hape

Excellent question, as I have one of those too!

If it doesn't fit I will find a socket somewhere...bring a book and let it charge while I wait..I prefer pics from the camera for our cruises..and both cameras have plug in chargers,....guess they didn't think about that....

Or I can try to buy an extra battery????