Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I see a place to hang long clothing on the far right side of the closet, because the lower rod doesn’t extend all the way to the right. And I still wonder what those neatly spaced white objects are in the far right corner of the closet. They look like brackets, so I think it’s possible they’ll add shallow storage there. See post #3545.

That is limited space for long clothing. The lower rod does not appear to be the kind that folds up as in the S class - it looks fixed to me. The clothes rod on the left above the safe looks pretty high up to reach. I think the white objects look like L brackets and are part of what is holding the closet together to me. Hope I'm wrong and you're right!

I see that the nightstands are different sizes. One is larger and rounded in one corner, and the other is quite small looking. I'm single and usually travel with a friend, so we separate the beds. It looks like you can only move the smaller night table in between the beds, which doesn't allow for much space. I don't see how one can move the rounded corner night stand in between the beds, as then the one bed will only be able to move so far into the rounded corner.

What do other think as this is a concern of mine?

I see that the nightstands are different sizes. One is larger and rounded in one corner, and the other is quite small looking. I'm single and usually travel with a friend, so we separate the beds. It looks like you can only move the smaller night table in between the beds, which doesn't allow for much space. I don't see how one can move the rounded corner night stand in between the beds, as then the one bed will only be able to move so far into the rounded corner.

What do other think as this is a concern of mine?

Good catch..if dh has the side of bed by the Veranda he will have the nightstand on that side,,

Main concern for us is negotiating around the bed to get to the Veranda, In a few of the videos, the guide seems to gingely slide around the edge of the bed.

Edited by hcat

Everyone wondering about 'plugging in' of camera battery chargers or other such, I would go out on a limb to say that I believe there will be at least one (1) plug for such things available, in an inconspicuous or difficult to reach (for those who have mobility issues, as in bending or stooping down to get to it). One may have to move a table or the sofa out a bit to get to it...

Remember, there will be at least two (2) lamps which require plugs. Just because we have not seen them in the photos sent, so far, does not mean they are not there... I could be incorrect, to be sure, yet I Am sure the first sailors will find out and confirm for us all the status.

Which means, that non-US plugs will possibly need convertors to use the plugs, as well.

bon voyage

Bo, the lamps are usually hard wired but there might be a plug under the headboard area if you slide the mattress out a bit. Or maybe an outlet in the bathroom.

Too cool...does the MC look white?

Possibly a cover?

In earlier photos I noticed the handle part of the MC looked like it was being painted. I need to see the other side... but I think they wanted it to blend in more on the resort deck... At one point the colors orange looked similar to those private cabana areas... but the color came out much more orange than what looks more like and orangish brown on the walls of the cabanas.

It will be interesting to see if the front of the ship has the orange all the way... with the back and perhaps sides at the top in white.

You know... looking at the chairs... I thought the bottom was webbed as well as the back... but it is a sold bottom. that should be more comfortable. I think they wanted something that looked outdoor without looking too outdoor. The chairs look substantial.. so hopefully will be good for DH... I think the veranda is a bit smaller... but just keep the folding doors open. Lloyd... you posted some photos of the resort deck and I think it looked like the top of the MC was being painted... it was hard to tell if it was going white or orange.... looking at old photos I see the whole top 'handle' being orange.... the latest photos look white..when looking from the portside towards the MC. Do you have an updated image of the starboard side that would show how much orange is still on the handle? I think they may have had second thoughts of having too much orange...

Did some measurements from the power box photos. Looks like the distance from the plug blades back to the wall to which the hinges are attached is 2 1/4 inches. Enough for Power Transformers with plugs built in - the newer ones, like for cell phones, tablets and the like. Higher powered chargers for camera batteries might have a problem especially if one of the blades is larger than the other(called polarized plug). So with a 220V adapter and a three way, I think I can get 4 power plugs and 2 USB.

The table on the veranda I guess is the table for trays, That will work too.

You know... looking at the chairs... I thought the bottom was webbed as well as the back... but it is a sold bottom. that should be more comfortable. I think they wanted something that looked outdoor without looking too outdoor. The chairs look substantial.. so hopefully will be good for DH... I think the veranda is a bit smaller... but just keep the folding doors open. Lloyd... you posted some photos of the resort deck and I think it looked like the top of the MC was being painted... it was hard to tell if it was going white or orange.... looking at old photos I see the whole top 'handle' being orange.... the latest photos look white..when looking from the portside towards the MC. Do you have an updated image of the starboard side that would show how much orange is still on the handle? I think they may have had second thoughts of having too much orange...

A visitor to the ship said that they were doing repairs and repainting, but I'm thinking it could indeed be a colour change on the inward facing side of the Magic Carpet.

7e5207ced89366b7f9b97b58c790e3e1.jpg

Bo, the lamps are usually hard wired but there might be a plug under the headboard area if you slide the mattress out a bit. Or maybe an outlet in the bathroom.

A few weeks ago on The Summit, I thought the lamps were hard wired, but when the sofa was moved out and I followed the wire, there was a US socket in which they were plugged into...

Unless I overstayed in the Martini Bar, which is completely in the realm of possibility... LOL

bon voyage

A visitor to the ship said that they were doing repairs and repainting, but I'm thinking it could indeed be a colour change on the inward facing side of the Magic Carpet.

I was thinking the same thing.

And, thanks for posting all the pics.

The chairs couldn't figure out why people were picking on them...

13c9b66c3810889c84cdc343131e6370.jpg

Too funny!

Maybe they'd be good for bridge or mah jong..not so much for curling up with a kindl or to watch the sea go by!

Do you have a photo of chairs and for the outdoor balcony staterooms,

Good catch..if dh has the side of bed by the Veranda he will have the nightstand on that side

Main concern for us is negotiating around the bed to get to the Veranda, In a few of the videos, the guide seems to gingely slide around the edge of the bed.

Looked back at the photos.

Seems the larger nightstand will be closest to the Veranda in bed by balc cabins which is what we have......assuming they will all face the same way...

But it also looks like the telephone will be on the larger nightstand...thus it will be over by the Veranda door across to the other side of the bed.

.Wonder if they will have 2 phones?

Hope someone who has our same cabin posts to the Sticky before January

I would love to see some Sky suite photos

Looked back at the photos.

Seems the larger nightstand will be closest to the Veranda in bed by balc cabins which is what we have......assuming they will all face the same way...

But it also looks like the telephone will be on the larger nightstand...thus it will be over by the Veranda door across to the other side of the bed.

.Wonder if they will have 2 phones?

Hope someone who has our same cabin posts to the Sticky before January