Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I don't think they are computerized/prioritized like the elevators on the new CARNIVAL HORIZON. Those are quite interesting and take some getting used to. Instead of an up/down call button, there is a screen that you program what deck you want to go to. It then tells you which elevator (they are lettered) will take you to that deck. When you step on the elevator, you don't punch any buttons. It just takes you to the deck you indicated.

From the rendering you can see regular buttons. The Horizon has little screens replacing the buttons inside the elevator (yes, no buttons inside, yes, there are some but hidden for crew use only) where you have to chose the deck you want to go. And there are big screens on the walls showing which elevator is going to which deck. Both are missing on the Edge renderings. Just regular up/down buttons. Took me a while to understand the system on the Horizon. The mean thing is that the little screens go blank after a while. When you touch the screen you automatically "hit a button" for a deck. To get them back on you have to push the button under the screen.

steamboats

The elevators at my office are like the ones you described. I hit the floor number and it tells me which elevator to get into. That type is very efficient and decreases you wait time. I hope Edge has this elevator technology!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This technology has been around for years - IIRC they had this at The Hilton on Park Lane London about 10 years ago

Splinter away if you wish, or not. But shut the thread down, how ridiculous is that idea. :rolleyes:

Totally agree - it has been an amazing 'journey' to watch the ship grow from bits of metal to what she is today. Letting people comment on what they like and dislike is all part of the process to me - she'll never please everyone 100% but I am guessing that she will be pretty close for most of us.

Now back to those toilet photos ;-)

I'm glad that some like my restroom collection. I have had those pictures since April and just hadn't found a good time/place to post them. On a slow day I had planned to start an Edge restroom thread. I'm glad it didn't come to that. I'm glad I can "wipe" that off my list. ;)

Very nice shots! Can't figure out the tall poles..wish the stalls were wider!

Well my tall hubby's first comment was, "Well I hope that the toilets aren't too low down. I have a bad back and may never be able to get up off them".

Made me laugh out loud ----- talk about over analysing. Think he was doing it to wind me up though as I've been a little guilty of over analysing things over the past few weeks.

:');):D

Seriously, great images and thanks again to everyone posting them.

All the new renderings look very sleek and elegant, but I can't help but feel "meh" - the lack of color in the fabrics, carpets, woods, etc. is all too "greige" and monotone. I'm hopeful that the finished product will have more pops of color and visual interest than the renderings and construction photos are showing.

Love the term " greige". Agree color is needed to set it off!

I usually dress in fairly neutral..beige tones...but will pack more bright clothes so I don't get lost in the woodwork!

I actually love the neutral look of the decor. To me it's very high style and on trend with what I'm seeing at very high end resorts and hotels. It just so happens to be very much to my personal taste as well, so I'm pretty happy with it. I know it won't please everyone and thats ok, but that is how it works with decor. It's so subjective just like food. Ask 10 people and get 10 completely different opinions.

The black/white/grey look has never been my taste for my home, but I recently stayed in a very nice room in Vegas with a black/white/grey bathroom and it was gorgeous. I love the black/white one above and now have it on my list of places to visit on the ship. ;) My guess is that it could be the ladies room between the theater and The Club on 5. Okay, maybe we do need a restroom thread...;)

The black/white/grey look has never been my taste for my home, but I recently stayed in a very nice room in Vegas with a black/white/grey bathroom and it was gorgeous. I love the black/white one above and now have it on my list of places to visit on the ship. ;) My guess is that it could be the ladies room between the theater and The Club on 5. Okay, maybe we do need a restroom thread...;)

Well, now, it just goes to show.... when I saw those photos, my first reaction was that the grey ones were the ladies' and the black and white were the men's. So, since we will have men on the "crawl" maybe we can make a "pit stop" to check them out! Yeah! More wonderful, beautiful things to see!

I actually had a few more in my database. Wait until you see my Edge public restroom collection. :D

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks, once again, for the great pictures! Did anyone notice that in the middle one, the elevator floor indicator over the door seems to say, "13"? Yes, I see that the elevator is on floor 3, as shown by the numbers on the wall, which, by the way, are very cool! But it sure looks like 13 above the door! Either way, it is all absolutely stunningly gorgeous!

I will, however, miss that tree hanging in the center of the elevator banks. It was so unique and beautiful.

Thanks, once again, for the great pictures! Did anyone notice that in the middle one, the elevator floor indicator over the door seems to say, "13"? Yes, I see that the elevator is on floor 3, as shown by the numbers on the wall, which, by the way, are very cool! But it sure looks like 13 above the door! Either way, it is all absolutely stunningly gorgeous!

I will, however, miss that tree hanging in the center of the elevator banks. It was so unique and beautiful.

Spooky that it says 13 - I didn't notice that.

The trees on other ships are unique - hope they survive the Revolution. I wouldn't bet against there being something unique about the Edge elevators - time will tell! :D

Well, now, it just goes to show.... when I saw those photos, my first reaction was that the grey ones were the ladies' and the black and white were the men's. So, since we will have men on the "crawl" maybe we can make a "pit stop" to check them out! Yeah! More wonderful, beautiful things to see!

I didn't think of that! Well, this could be an adventure trying to see that bathroom. ;)

LLoyd,

Thanks for the new photos. The one on the side of the Bridge looking at the sunset is particularly nice. I am wondering about that control console. After being on numerous Bridge tours on ships, it seems this console is much more compact. Or is it just the angle of the photo? Probably just better and newer technology requiring less space. Hoping to be invited to a Bridge tour on Edge!

Love the term " greige". Agree color is needed to set it off!

I usually dress in fairly neutral..beige tones...but will pack more bright clothes so I don't get lost in the woodwork!

Actually, wearing neutral tones to blend in with the woodwork would probably make us all look 10 lbs. thinner! 😜

I might need to do that after all those great meals! 😁

LLoyd,

Thanks for the new photos. The one on the side of the Bridge looking at the sunset is particularly nice. I am wondering about that control console. After being on numerous Bridge tours on ships, it seems this console is much more compact. Or is it just the angle of the photo? Probably just better and newer technology requiring less space. Hoping to be invited to a Bridge tour on Edge!

At first I thought so, too. But after looking at the photo a bit longer, I think that it is one of the smaller control consoles that are on each end of the "Navigation Wing" which can be used for docking, etc., because of giving a view of the side of the ship, too, not just the front. The shape, size and configuration of the windows were my reason for this theory.

LLoyd,

I believe that’s actually a photo from the bridge wing of a Solstice Class vessel.

See: https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-solstice-381/bridge-171111/bridge--v9156022/

Spooky that it says 13 - I didn't notice that.

We can call it the Twilight Zone elevator! (Hopefully it won't behave like the one in Disney's Tower of Terror! While it is fun to be in there seated, I don't think it would be too good standing. ;))

They are delivering the ship on October 31st.....

I'm glad that some like my restroom collection. I have had those pictures since April and just hadn't found a good time/place to post them. On a slow day I had planned to start an Edge restroom thread. I'm glad it didn't come to that. I'm glad I can "wipe" that off my list. ;)

Yes I like it! In fact I find it really interesting to see more off the beaten path places on a ship. I'm also a big fan of renderings/pics of corridors, stair towers, and foyers. I just love those shots, and I think a foyer, stairs, and corridor tell a lot about a ship. How much detail and planning go into to something that everyone uses is important. Some are certainly much better than others. Every new ship I sail on I do a pretty extensive photo journal of the ship, and I try to capture unusual things if possible. The bathrooms, corridors, art, stairs, etc. Things like that. On MSC SEASIDE I created an album just of the chairs on the ship. There were so many varieties and many were really, really unique.

Back to public bathrooms, a few really stand out. When VOYAGER OF THE SEAS made her debut, the talk of the town was the men's restroom by the pool. It had a long urinal with a waterfall effect, and giant windows looking out to the ocean. Quite dramatic for a public restroom. Even the women wanted to have a peak! :') A similar restroom exists on MSC SEASIDE. It's up top by the speciality restaurants and offers gorgeous views while relieving oneself. The DISNEY DREAM has several really cool restrooms. They are actually themed to the location of the ship. Those by the Walt Disney Theater look very stage-like with the lighting and of course Mickey Mouse mirrors. Those in the adult-only club area are dark, fully tiled, and almost club-like in their appearance with the club music piped in. You can tell a lot of thought went into them. One of my earliest memories of a cruise ship public restroom is Carnival's FANTASY of 1990. The ship was brand new, and it was the first time I had seen a touch-less flushing urinal on a cruise ship. It had the motion sensor which is so common today, but not so much in 1990 and especially not on a ship. I thought that was so cool and technologically advanced! On the same token, I remember my first automatic glass sliding doors on a cruise ship. It was on the NORWAY way back in 1980. Such an awesome ship, but those motion detected glass sliding doors from the outdoor deck into the port and starboard enclosed promenades (Fifth Avenue & Champs Elysees), were super cool for the time.

Anyway this is more potty talk then is allowed on CC! :')

Yes I like it! In fact I find it really interesting to see more off the beaten path places on a ship. I'm also a big fan of renderings/pics of corridors, stair towers, and foyers. I just love those shots, and I think a foyer, stairs, and corridor tell a lot about a ship. How much detail and planning go into to something that everyone uses is important. Some are certainly much better than others. Every new ship I sail on I do a pretty extensive photo journal of the ship, and I try to capture unusual things if possible. The bathrooms, corridors, art, stairs, etc. Things like that. On MSC SEASIDE I created an album just of the chairs on the ship. There were so many varieties and many were really, really unique.

Back to public bathrooms, a few really stand out. When VOYAGER OF THE SEAS made her debut, the talk of the town was the men's restroom by the pool. It had a long urinal with a waterfall effect, and giant windows looking out to the ocean. Quite dramatic for a public restroom. Even the women wanted to have a peak! :') A similar restroom exists on MSC SEASIDE. It's up top by the speciality restaurants and offers gorgeous views while relieving oneself. The DISNEY DREAM has several really cool restrooms. They are actually themed to the location of the ship. Those by the Walt Disney Theater look very stage-like with the lighting and of course Mickey Mouse mirrors. Those in the adult-only club area are dark, fully tiled, and almost club-like in their appearance with the club music piped in. You can tell a lot of thought went into them. One of my earliest memories of a cruise ship public restroom is Carnival's FANTASY of 1990. The ship was brand new, and it was the first time I had seen a touch-less flushing urinal on a cruise ship. It had the motion sensor which is so common today, but not so much in 1990 and especially not on a ship. I thought that was so cool and technologically advanced! On the same token, I remember my first automatic glass sliding doors on a cruise ship. It was on the NORWAY way back in 1980. Such an awesome ship, but those motion detected glass sliding doors from the outdoor deck into the port and starboard enclosed promenades (Fifth Avenue & Champs Elysees), were super cool for the time.

Anyway this is more potty talk then is allowed on CC! :')

eroller, thanks for that info. As a female who would probably never see the men's rooms you described, I personally appreciate the descriptions. It is interesting and enlightening, for sure!

eroller, thanks for that info. As a female who would probably never see the men's rooms you described, I personally appreciate the descriptions. It is interesting and enlightening, for sure!

You're quite welcome. I apologize for being off topic here, but here are a few pics to go with those descriptions, so you can bring it all together so to speak.

A bit of frivolity on HARMONY OF THE SEAS

39272281365_bd57530e46_c.jpg

Room with a view on MSC SEASIDE

39203404055_29c7615048_c.jpg

Quite the trend setter on VOYAGER OF THE SEAS

7495725106_08035eb01e_c.jpg

Showtime on DISNEY DREAM

7457995240_fa4ddd48f4_c.jpg

Opulence on DISNEY DREAM

7458064644_aa5e7e00f8_c.jpg

Nightclub Chic on DISNEY DREAM

7458043064_3534687e2d_c.jpg

These and many other posted photographic works of art should be purchased by X and displayed on board or in the terminal!

They are truly extraordinary!

Where are the JAWS going?

The JAWS are at the tops of the poolside Cabanas.

They do look rather incongruous imo.

Apparently they can be lit up at night.