Wouldn't It Be Great If......

kreneec28

Royal adopted Princess' newly implemented policy to no longer have passengers pre-pay excursions prior to trip? Passengers can still reserve ahead of time but wouldn't have to pay until they board the ship. This is a great benefit to the customer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal adopted Princess' newly implemented policy to no longer have passengers pre-pay excursions prior to trip? Passengers can still reserve ahead of time but wouldn't have to pay until they board the ship. This is a great benefit to the customer!!!

I'm not sure. The good side of pre-paying excursions is you don't have people reserving items "just in case" and then cancelling once they get on board. That helps other customers who truly want that excursion.

Book now and pay for the excursion with an OBC. Works for me.

I like that....as long as there is still an option to pre-pay.

We jumped ship from Disney. There you have always paid for your excursions, speciality dining, etc. when you get on the ship. I can see the advantage of this when you have onboard credit to spend, but I actually like being able to pre-pay in stages. In an ideal world they would offer both just as you can choose to pre-pay gratuities or pay them on the ship.

Corinna

In the Title of the post OP said "Wouldn't it be great if"

This changes the meaning of the quoted post as it's something Princess is doing but not RCI.

Book now and pay for the excursion with an OBC. Works for me.

You can do this on Princess but not RCI.

In the Title of the post OP said "Wouldn't it be great if"

This changes the meaning of the quoted post as it's something Princess is doing but not RCI.

You can do this on Princess but not RCI.

No kidding! I realize and know RCI isn't currently offering the choice but Princess is. The OPs title to the thread was very easly understood. Wouldn't it be great...yes!

Edited by davekathy

Also, wouldn't it be great if Royal could figure out how to manage the cattle call for excursions in the theater? It's a smooth process with Princess, but every time we've tried it with Royal it's as if they've never run shore excursions before and it's a disorganized mess in the theater to wait for your group to be called.

We finally quit booking excursions through Royal and now use our big box store wholesale store travel department, starts with a C end ends with an O, and book shore excursions through them. Their excursions meet on the pier or at the tender port and we avoid the mess in the theater.

Also, wouldn't it be great if Royal could figure out how to manage the cattle call for excursions in the theater? It's a smooth process with Princess, but every time we've tried it with Royal it's as if they've never run shore excursions before and it's a disorganized mess in the theater to wait for your group to be called.

We finally quit booking excursions through Royal and now use our big box store wholesale store travel department, starts with a C end ends with an O, and book shore excursions through them. Their excursions meet on the pier or at the tender port and we avoid the mess in the theater.

We've always meet on or near the pier for all of our Caribbean excursion we've booked through RCI.

Edited by davekathy

It is fascinating how different perceptions can be. We only ever have cruised on three different lines and on one of them (NCL), we just walked off the ship and did our own thing. We both commented on our first Royal Caribbean cruise how organised their excursions are. We have seen much worse on Disney to the point that unless they were really offering something unique and exclusive, we did our own thing or went with a private excursion.

Corinna

I have a problem now. I have a lot of OBC and can't pick a 3-4 night dinning package. I can't reserve what I want in advance.

I have to hope I'll get what I want when we board.;)

Wouldn't make a difference as you can't pick the restaurants until you are on the ship even by paying in advance.

No kidding! I realize and know RCI isn't currently offering the choice but Princess is. The OPs title to the thread was very easly understood. Wouldn't it be great...yes!

Only on certain sailings.

I haven't seen it available on any of my upcoming sailings. What kind of sailings have you seen it available for?

I haven't seen it available on any of my upcoming sailings. What kind of sailings have you seen it available for?

Haven't seen a pattern, but your Cruise Planner will indicate if you can use OBC for pre-cruise purchases.