Any News on ship Passengers being detained?

Karysa

I doubt that it will impact crew, except that they may have to terminate contracts outside of US ports, if they are from countries with restrictions. Passengers who are not citizens, even with green cards, and who are from banned countries will likely be detained and sent home.

I doubt that it will impact crew, except that they may have to terminate contracts outside of US ports, if they are from countries with restrictions. Passengers who are not citizens, even with green cards, and who are from banned countries will likely be detained and sent home.

It is set for 90 days I believe. Will TA's coming from Europe be in US ports before the end of April? I think that it might affect folks with dual citizenship where one Country is on the banned list.

What about folks from Canada with dual citizenship from one of those countries? Spring break is mid-March which would definitely be in that 90 day window.

Edited by Karysa

People with valid visas, green cards, etc. temporarily okay (depending on what happens in the next few months). If I were from one of the countries on the list, and were currently in the U.S., I probably wouldn't leave right now. The odds are that you get could back in the U.S. but may have to jump through hoops.

People with valid visas, green cards, etc. temporarily okay (depending on what happens in the next few months). If I were from one of the countries on the list, and were currently in the U.S., I probably wouldn't leave right now. The odds are that you get could back in the U.S. but may have to jump through hoops.

I agree. I wouldn't cancel planned travel but certainly wouldn't be making any further travel plans.

I have done a number of TAs do not recall seeing passengers from the banded countries on board.. doubt this will be an issue...

How could you possibly know? Do you think they walk around with a sign saying "I have a passport from ______" or "I'm a dual citizen from ____ and ____"?

What a bizarre statement you made!!

I have done a number of TAs do not recall seeing passengers from the banded countries on board.. doubt this will be an issue...

Apparently 250,000 Brits (word used in article) are affected by this ban. I agree with the others who question your statement regarding you "not seeing" passengers from the band countries on any of your number of TA's.

It is set for 90 days I believe. Will TA's coming from Europe be in US ports before the end of April? I think that it might affect folks with dual citizenship where one Country is on the banned list.

What about folks from Canada with dual citizenship from one of those countries? Spring break is mid-March which would definitely be in that 90 day window.

No TA's coming to the US in April. At that time of year they are going FROM the US TO Europe. QM2 will still be on her world cruise. EM

Except People with LEGAL British Citizenship and Passports are being BANNED from entering

You're correct! This isn't about refugees vs. legal immigrants (yet - I suspect that it will be in the future). The way I believe it is suppose to work is that no one from the list of countries is currently allowed entry to the U.S. (unless they have a valid visa which they likely will not be able to get in the future - at least for as long as the ban is in effect).

We live near Canada and there have been no border issues at all (at least not at the Washington state border crossings). This does not mean that the news people are lying (although it is a possibility). There are pretty constant reports about how many people are being turned away and I assume that many of them should have been admitted to the U.S.

No TA's coming to the US in April. At that time of year they are going FROM the US TO Europe. QM2 will still be on her world cruise. EM

Right. Good thought.Would Australia to Hawaii although not a TA but a TP potentially occur during that time frame? Would there be ships returning to the US from South America by the end of April or would they be going directly to Europe?

Edited by Karysa

You are confusing LEGAL immigrants and visitors with REFUGEES who have NO documentation at all.

Wrong as usual :rolleyes:

individuals who are PERMANENT RESIDENT ALIENS, aka "Green Card" holders, are absolutely affected by this knee-jerk, goose-stepping pronouncement. The Federal Judge in Brooklyn just temporarily issued a stay for parts of this thoroughly wrong-headed Executive Order, but knowing how well the government communicates, Trump himself said that Green Card holders were subject to his ban and their re-entry would be considered on a case-by-case basis.

There is a thread on the board from a CCer who just cancelled their cruise because he/she was counseled to not leave the country because of their status. If I were that person, I'd send the bill to Trump :mad:

I'd be very surprised to learn there acrually are some people f rom Syria,, Iraq, Yemen etc flying to U.S. to board a cruise ship. :eek:

It's folks with duel citizenship that I was thinking about. You can be Canadian or British and Iranian ect

There is a story about a Somalian born Olympian who is a British citizen and he is currently training in Ethiopia but his children are living in the US. That's just an example of someone who has a citizenship from a country that is not banned but also one that is currently on the banned list.

Our February University break here in Ontario is in a few weeks. We have many professors and students who hold duel Canadian and a banned country citizenship. It's quite possible that many people not first thought of our concerned with their upcoming travel plans and that includes some that may be boarding a ship for warmer climates in the next few months.

I'd be very surprised to learn there acrually are some people f rom Syria,, Iraq, Yemen etc flying to U.S. to board a cruise ship. :eek:

As this is affecting a British Olympic champion (born in Somalia) and a member of the UK parliament (born in Iraq), I am guessing it may well affect people flying to the US to join a cruise.

That is not the issue. It would be for any immigrant already in the US from any of those countries who are planning a cruise. They could be here for years, decades and have their permanent resident alien cards, or here working on legal visas in medical research, high tech, even those cab drivers who we use daily. If they are from any of those countries, if they leave right now for any reason, they may/will be denied re-entry, despite of their legal status. Two of my former managers when I worked in the tech field are Persian (from Iran). Their parents are very elderly and still live in Iran. They make yearly trips to visit them - they now cannot risk going because they may not be able to come back to their families they have in the US.

"Elections have consequences. I won."

Guess who said that? :D

Without intention of getting 'into politics' or expressing an opinion..........

My memory is that is a quote fromformer president Barack Obama, spoken in his second term