Cabin Recategorization Coming

These kind of improvement preview announcements almost always tend to not be improvements except for the bottom line. Kinda makes me wonder what they plan to do with Junior Suites, which seem to be the category that causes the most confusion.

Always a good goal. Hope though they can clear up some confusion too.

Also happened to us. Checking prices one day found an Owners Suite on the Oasis in March for $3055 for the 2 of us.

Price included our Diamond Plus discount. Total with insurance is $3263.

Good deal, must have been one of those nice pricing errors, short lived I assume??

I hope the effective date is correct for May 2018. I know we booked a 2B ATS based on the amenities of Star Class. Upgraded from a RFS solely because of it.

Same here. I'll cancel my A1 plus the other two rooms our family booked if they drop the Star Class amenities before our July cruise.

I'm not sure if it will change or not, but I know the radiance aft balconies are always larger than the other balconies in the same class. I wonder if those are being "recatergorized" so they can now charge more for them.

I'm not sure if it will change or not, but I know the radiance aft balconies are always larger than the other balconies in the same class. I wonder if those are being "recatergorized" so they can now charge more for them.

I have no doubt that is coming

Am I missing something... I don't see the Grand Loft for Anthem/Ovation listed as either Star or Sky.

I see they will still remain in name. Just wondering if they will remain Star Class.

Other note, I do like the logical name change of Sky to Star Loft on the Oasis Class. Always thought it was silly, Sky Loft as Star Class.

Sent from a mobile device

Am I missing something... I don't see the Grand Loft for Anthem/Ovation listed as either Star or Sky.

I see they will still remain in name. Just wondering if they will remain Star Class.

Other note, I do like the logical name change of Sky to Star Loft on the Oasis Class. Always thought it was silly, Sky Loft as Star Class.

Sent from a mobile device

Seems like an omission, there may be others. ;)

Actually, the grid has mistakes as well, there are not 78 Int BW view cabins on an Oasis ship. Only 8.

I think this whole thing is a work in process.

Why would they call the Virtual Interiors Category U, and the std Interiors Category V?

Edited by John&LaLa

Hmmmm..one of the perks of booking my cruise so early for me was to snag

a preferred cabin. I do like the bigger balconies. So it looks like instead

of booking those hump or aft cabins early to get them....I need to shell out

more $$ to get them. :(

Now, how do you suppose this works with the upgrade fairy? Granted

she has become more and more scarce in her appearances, but once

she gets a look at this complicated new category set up...she will

probably just move to another planet! :eek:

Hmmmm..one of the perks of booking my cruise so early for me was to snag

a preferred cabin. I do like the bigger balconies. So it looks like instead

of booking those hump or aft cabins early to get them....I need to shell out

more $$ to get them. :(

Now, how do you suppose this works with the upgrade fairy? Granted

she has become more and more scarce in her appearances, but once

she gets a look at this complicated new category set up...she will

probably just move to another planet! :eek:

No more worms, all the early bird gets now is the ability to snag slightly more expensive cabins.

Actually I applaud them. I have never been a believer that just because you camped out you deserve to get better choices. If something is really nicer, the price should reflect that.

Kind of like cabanas, at $250 - $300 you fight over them and they were always gone, but at $500 if you have the coin, you can probably get one.

BTW, I just noticed that some of the BW balcony cabins will now be classed as Aqua Theater view. Even on Harmony. :eek:

To further confuse us, there is a category called BW quad, but not Aqua Theater quad. :confused:

What's an Upgrade Fairy? :o

This is going to take so much more new studying :rolleyes:

I would definitely be looking when itineraries first open for glitches in new category pricing. There is no way they can do all those changes without errors.

There are already different pricing structure for the same cabin categories, eg: Central Park cabins (C1) have different prices for deck levels.

No more worms, all the early bird gets now is the ability to snag slightly more expensive cabins.

BTW, I just noticed that some of the BW balcony cabins will now be classed as Aqua Theater view. Even on Harmony. :eek:

To further confuse us, there is a category called BW quad, but not Aqua Theater quad. :confused:

What's an Upgrade Fairy? :o

I did not even look at those - It will be interesting to see how many down from the back are going to be considered Aqua Theater view

I did not even look at those - It will be interesting to see how many down from the back are going to be considered Aqua Theater view

Yea, that's a total WCCF. I guess we can find out next week. Eventually there should be alternative deck plans based on date like they have done after drydocks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Those HOTS Boardwalk balcony aft cabins will need to be sold as "obstructed view"...not so with Oasis/Allure.

You'd think so, but not the way the current matrix is set up. The BW classifications seem to be the same across all three sisters.